Chinese Zodiac: CZ12 (Formerly 'Armour of God 3') (2012)

kingofkungfu2002

The fact that Jackie Chan is directing this will make it interesting enough (earlier reports suggested that Stanley Tong was directing).

I'm looking forward to this one a lot.

I dig Jackie's S-C-U... speech. lol And, with a beer in his hand. Thats fucking badass, I don't care who you are. Shows the cocky Asian Hawk we loved in the other films.

Drunken Monk

I'm excited for this. Very much so, in fact. There is a TERRIBLE example of wire usage in the trailer that made me cringe but as it was limited to one, the rest of it took over. I think this looks like a return to form for Chan: a weak plot masked by Jackie doing what he does best.

I'm actually more excited for this December release than I am "The Hobbit."

Trailer didnt do anything for me, looks more like The Myth 2. If this is Jackie's last action movie, why do those little clips of fighting not say whole heaps??

blue_skies
Trailer didnt do anything for me, looks more like The Myth 2. If this is Jackie's last action movie, why do those little clips of fighting not say whole heaps??

it's not his last action movie but then I don't expect it's going to get any better for Jackie and having just watched the trailer in HD. Chinese Zodiac looks decidedly mediocre and I hope they saved the good stuff for the film.

odioustrident

Jackie managed a decent fight scene in New Police Story when he was well past his prime. If I see anything around that level in this film I'll be satisfied; otherwise I'm not expecting much.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Im not expecting that much from Jackie himself on the fighting front, but with him at the helm, what I AM expecting is his special brand of action ingenuity! This can relate to his as well as all other characters and their surroundings, it relates to the level of stunt work, and the physical comedy.

I don't know why everyone seems to expect Jackie himself to bust out some awesome moves when we all know that, that is most likely not going to happen. He has other things going for him, especially when he's in the directors chair.

ShaOW!linDude

I just hope he keeps the wire-assisted stuff to a minimum. I'm sure the maneuvers are still difficult to perform but it makes the fight sequences look really fake. Case in point: in the trailer there's a scissor legs move to the head of one dude to flip him, and then JC lands on his feet. It just doesn't look right.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Sadly I think wirework is inevitable.... hell, even the Thai films are using obvious wirework now.

I don't like it, but it's apparantly here to stay....

odioustrident

I wish that were the case TWC, but I think this is Jackie directing himself with an audience that wants him to fight. Hence the couch scene in the trailer. I'd prefer him directing younger stars, but the focus is still on him this time around.

I dont expect Chan to do backflips or stuff he did in his 30's, 40's etc, just hoped he'd stand and exchange a few punches and block pubwork style, Sammo can still do that and he's older, so what's going on there???

lillippa328

just because theres a couple wires in a film trailer doesnt mean it will be bad....lets be patient...so many people now a days are stuck saying "no wires' or "i hate wires"....and most of them are jet li fans :squigglemouth:

TibetanWhiteCrane
I dont expect Chan to do backflips or stuff he did in his 30's, 40's etc, just hoped he'd stand and exchange a few punches and block pubwork style, Sammo can still do that and he's older, so what's going on there???

Sammo has a completely different approach to action than Jackie does.

Though I too wish that we get to see some movies from JC, im just not holding my breath for anything spectacular.

ShaOW!linDude
throw in the Amazonian Chicks and im there!

Genius!!!! Wouldn't that be killer!?!

Drunken Monk

Sorry, I hadn't streamed the above video until now ad I just want to give you all a heads up that it's not in English.