Chinese Zodiac: CZ12 (Formerly 'Armour of God 3') (2012)

kingofkungfu2002

Operation Condor is a mess. Sure the action when it comes is first class but the rest is just a over-budgeted mish mash of ideas.

I agree, i never thought that much of it

TibetanWhiteCrane

I don't see that?? jackie doesn't fight anyone with any skills in AOG. There's the weird off beat fashion show massacre, dream sequence, Alan Tam concert footage, and probably one of the dumbest stories for a JC movie ever.... cultist monks etc.

OC has way more quality action, stunts and fights, where Jackie actually takes on some worthy foes in the form of the gwailo pack. It's not flawless by any means, but the ending alone has more action and crazy gags than AOG's entire runningtime!

Just read the February issue of IMPACT and they mentioned that Vincent Sze (BODYGUARD: A NEW BEGINNING) and Oliver Platt (Disney's THE THREE MUSKETEERS from 1993) have joined the cast of CHINESE ZODIAC.

Guest Markgway

Do people pay to download magazines?

I haven't bought Impact in over a decade but if I did I'd stop now.

If I'm paying for something to read I want to hold it in my grubby paws.

Update on Chinese Zodiac, courtesy of the gang at Twitch:

In a recent interview while promoting the launch of his Jackie Chan Maotai Wine, Chan provided an update on the current status of his action adventure film Chinese Zodiac. So far, the production has wrapped up all filming except save for a major four minute stunt scene that is expected to take two months to finish. Without giving too much spoiler away, he revealed that it would require a high level of risk comparable to the jump from the Barj Dubai Tower by Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. He adds the films will feature his trademark outtakes during the end credits. On what exactly this set piece entails, I'm sure it will be something jaw-dropping spectacular when given his history as a director who is willing to go to any lengths to achieve his goal.

Frequent film collaborator Frankie Chan, who previously served as co-director in Armour of God II: Operation Condor, also offer some details on the production via Weibo. These details is as followed:

- He reaffirm that filming is almost complete.

- Both he and Chan are working on finishing up the editing in post production.

- The production will head to Vanuatu in early April to shoot the live volcano there. After Vanuatu, the production will move to Latvia to film the last scenes.

- The official list of locations include France, China, Taiwan, Vanuatu and Latvia.

Update on Chinese Zodiac, courtesy of the gang at Twitch:

In a recent interview while promoting the launch of his Jackie Chan Maotai Wine, Chan provided an update on the current status of his action adventure film Chinese Zodiac. So far, the production has wrapped up all filming except save for a major four minute stunt scene that is expected to take two months to finish. Without giving too much spoiler away, he revealed that it would require a high level of risk comparable to the jump from the Barj Dubai Tower by Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. He adds the films will feature his trademark outtakes during the end credits. On what exactly this set piece entails, I'm sure it will be something jaw-dropping spectacular when given his history as a director who is willing to go to any lengths to achieve his goal.

Frequent film collaborator Frankie Chan, who previously served as co-director in Armour of God II: Operation Condor, also offer some details on the production via Weibo. These details is as followed:

- He reaffirm that filming is almost complete.

- Both he and Chan are working on finishing up the editing in post production.

- The production will head to Vanuatu in early April to shoot the live volcano there. After Vanuatu, the production will move to Latvia to film the last scenes.

- The official list of locations include France, China, Taiwan, Vanuatu and Latvia.

Great news!

Guest Yi-Long

Not really impressed yet. Seems like another Jackie movie made for an international audience, meaning lots of unknown english speaking co-stars.

The cinematography looks pretty basic. Almost like it's a made-for-TV movie or something. Just very 'bland'.

Really doesn't say anything with the video being at 360p. Plus frame rate is messed up to make any impressions.

Good point.

blue_skies
Really doesn't say anything with the video being at 360p. Plus frame rate is messed up to make any impressions.

Agreed the quality doesn't help but you can see enough to see there's nothing remotely special about the action.

Well, too bad for you then. :wink2:

While I'm not really that excited either, it will nevertheless be very interesting to see a 58 year-old Chan return to his original form.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

No matter how bad each new Jackie Chan trailer has looked, ever the optimist, I get excited. I love JC, and usually enjoy everything he does, even getting a little something out of the bad ones (though I doubt there's anything I'll ever look at again in THE TUXEDO :crossedlips:). This one looks to me like it's going to be a lot of fun and I'm going to stay positive. At the very least it looks like it's going to have both stunts and a decent amount of hand to hand combat. :bigsmile: Plus... the release date is on my birthday? :smile: That's got to be a good sign. :wink:

I love the new trailer!!

This is the first Jackie Chan movie that I have been excited about since Rumble in the Bronx (I was a die hard fan before Rumble's US conquering, but I remember how awesome it was seeing that trailer anyways).

You can tell, even by the trailer alone, that Jackie Chan is visiting his 1980's roots for one last time, with whatever "push" he still has in him.

I think we should take Jackie Chan's retiring with a grain of salt. Just look at Joaquin Phoenix.lol

ShaOW!linDude

This quote is taken from this article:

http://news.yahoo.com/jackie-chan-goes-fighting-172040224.html

The 58-year-old says he is bowing out with "Chinese Zodiac" — in which he plays a fortune hunter, travelling the world trying to track down missing astrological antiques — because it is one of the "most important" films in his career.

Chan says he spent seven years working on the movie — writing, producing, directing and coordinating fight scenes.

7 years? I mean, I know that would mean it was spaced around the other films he was working on. Man, I hope this pays off for him and us.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I love Jackie to death, and his body of work speaks for itself..... but I can just muster up about zero excitement for this film. Hope he proves me wrong. He did with NPS when I sorta, kinda wrote him off the first time. Though he didn't really follow that up with anything impressive, hence my low expectations.