Chinese Zodiac: CZ12 (Formerly 'Armour of God 3') (2012)

kingofkungfu2002

AndyWayne84

As much as i am a hardcore JC fan. I would take the first three Lethal Weapon flims over the three Rush Hour flims i'm not a fan of the Rush Hour flims myself to be honest. The 4th Lethal Weapon was okay the Jet Li parts the rest ugh terrble in my eyes, don't care what people say about Mel Gibson he was the best part in the series.

ShaOW!linDude
Jet Li saves Lethal Weapon 4 from total mediocrity.

And would've been stupendous if they hadn't cut Conan Lee's footage of him outshining Jet Li.:tongue:

AndyWayne84
And would've been stupendous if they hadn't cut Conan Lee's footage of him outshining Jet Li.:tongue:

Yeah so he say's :xd: that Conan what a character still bitter over the fact JC, JL, DY, and even the great Chow Yun Fat are even better than him.

sorry to get on topic lol but any word on this yet?

Yes, Jackie began shooting in Paris in June. He is starring with Korean actor Kwon Sang-Woo in what he announced will be his final big action film.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Well, he better knock it the fuck outta the park with this one then!

Here's hoping.................... and doubting........

Well, he better knock it the fuck outta the park with this one then!

Here's hoping.................... and doubting........

Wow. Jackie doesn't get much love here as far as new movies goes.

The HK film industry folded years back for hardcore action films, bar a few releases a year that most fans largely are 'disappointed' with.

Just enjoy the films as what they are and don't compare Jackie in his late 50's to the Jackie (and the industry) of 10, 20, 30 years ago.

Wow. Jackie doesn't get much love here as far as new movies goes.

The HK film industry folded years back for hardcore action films, bar a few releases a year that most fans largely are 'disappointed' with.

Just enjoy the films as what they are and don't compare Jackie in his late 50's to the Jackie (and the industry) of 10, 20, 30 years ago.

Agree. Some people think he's all about the paycheck these days, but I think he still makes movies to be proud of. Of course they're not all Police Story, but I don't expect that. I get plenty of enjoyment watching the Shanghai movies, NPS, Forbidden Kingdom, and especially Little Big Soldier. They're fun, not jaw-dropping action-y, but fun.

Guest Yi-Long

I think most people, including me, are just disappointed with Jackie.

Before he broke through in Hollywood, he was all about :' only 1 Jackie Chan! No Blue Screen! Real Action! Wah! Anyone can be Superman! Not everyone can be Jackie Chan! Wah!

... and then the 2nd he breaks through in Hollywood, he does exactly the opposite of what his fans want to see him do, namely buddy-movies, weak-ass slow fight-scenes, and even blue-screen crap. You might have well hired Michael Wong cause suddenly, everybody could be Jackie Chan!

Now, NOBODY is expecting Jackie to flip around the screen all the time anymore. He's 50 now. We know that. However, that doesn't mean he can't still do decent fight-scenes, and the recent wave of wing-chun flicks has proven that. We also don't NEED to see kung fu movies where everybody is flying all over the place. He could have just listened to his fans, and make a proper Drunken Master 3 with down-to earth fightscenes. It ain't that hard! You have lots of old TV-stars doing fightscenes all the time!

I would rather see Jackie make 1 Crime Story in 2 years, instead of making 3 crappy movies in 1 year.

Right now, he's just shitting all over his own legacy.

AndyWayne84
Agree. Some people think he's all about the paycheck these days, but I think he still makes movies to be proud of. Of course they're not all Police Story, but I don't expect that. I get plenty of enjoyment watching the Shanghai movies, NPS, Forbidden Kingdom, and especially Little Big Soldier. They're fun, not jaw-dropping action-y, but fun.

Exactly. People are too hard on Jackie and think he's all about money now so much that he's selling himself out to make lackluster flims. I don't expect Jackie to be the same person as he was back when he made epic flims like Project A, Police Story, Armour of God 1, and Miracles"aka Mr Canton and Lady Rose. I have enjoyed Jackie's recent flims like The Myth, Rob-B Hood, New Police Story, Forbidden Kingdom, Shinjuku Incident, and even Little Big Soldier. I have enjoyed them enough i don't feel like i have been ripped off in any shape or form whatsoever. Ill admit Jackie has made some bad movies like the Rush Hour flims which i dislike so much and Breat Ratner, i do have faith Armour of God 3 will live up to the hype as Jackie has been talking about forever about this flim.

He's 50 now. We know that. However, that doesn't mean he can't still do decent fight-scenes, and the recent wave of wing-chun flicks has proven that. We also don't NEED to see kung fu movies where everybody is flying all over the place. He could have just listened to his fans, and make a proper Drunken Master 3 with down-to earth fightscenes. It ain't that hard! You have lots of old TV-stars doing fightscenes all the time!

57 actually. I understand what you are saying, but I don't see this as a major dissapointment. Not all of those old stars have Jackie's background. Jackie was a stuntman, taking big risks and hard falls. Today I hear he wakes up in pain everyday. He's broken countless bones. I think in his autobiography it is Willie that convinces him to use Hollywood's safer environment and blue screens to extend his career (who knows if that's true, but whatever). Even if he flat out said he wouldn't do these things...come on. Of course you need to lay off if you want to keep making movies. Jackie got old, he needed to change it up. He's made some stinkers, but he still makes entertaining movies.

lillippa328

yea jackie catches too much slack here...like said, he's 57 and damn near killed himself many times...i think this will be a good one tho

AndyWayne84

To be honest i don't think Jackie doesn't really need to prove himself anymore. He's done alot of dangerous stunts all these years breaking ground interms of action, as been said he wakes up inpain due to the injuries he's suffered over the years. I remember hearing somewhere like exsample during his time fliming The Forbidden Kingdom Jackie would wake up having pains in his hips from years of abusing his body, he's 57 still going strong despite all this he's made some good flims and bad flims, it doesn't mean ill write him off just like i'm not going to write off Jet Li.

Guest Yi-Long
57 actually. I understand what you are saying, but I don't see this as a major dissapointment. Not all of those old stars have Jackie's background. Jackie was a stuntman, taking big risks and hard falls. Today I hear he wakes up in pain everyday. He's broken countless bones. I think in his autobiography it is Willie that convinces him to use Hollywood's safer environment and blue screens to extend his career (who knows if that's true, but whatever). Even if he flat out said he wouldn't do these things...come on. Of course you need to lay off if you want to keep making movies. Jackie got old, he needed to change it up. He's made some stinkers, but he still makes entertaining movies.

I know what you're saying, but like I said, I don't expect him to do flips or big stunts or whatever. I'd settle for him just doing GOOD movies with little action, but at least good storylines and mature roles.

Right now, and with now I mean the last 15 years orso, he's just been making (mostly) crappy movies. If he's wasting his time and effort on crappy productions, I'd prefer to see him quit as an actor and do something purely as a director or producer.

Clint Eastwood is 200 year old now, but is still making great movies, and in some he acts, and in some he doesn't.

Clint Eastwood is 200 year old now, but is still making great movies, and in some he acts, and in some he doesn't.

Firstly, I would definitely classsify LBS as a good movie with less action. This last decade Jackie has made films he's always wanted to make, but didn't have time for. That's why I think he didn't quit when perhaps he should have. In the mid/late ninties, he said he wanted to do an Eastern-Western, and he had already written LBS as well as a Jet Li collaboration that fell through (ended up being FK). Now, he has made all these projects and AoG3 seems like a good final action film for him, though I would have prefered Project A part 3 and bring back the 3 brothers one last time!

Clint Eastwood has said "Gran Torino" would be his last role in front of the camera. It was a great final role. He chose a good movie to go out on, and that is what Jackie is doing here. I'm excited to see what he does. Despite what he has done (RH, Tuxedo) it's ALL about how you go out.

I may be completely off the mark but I think Jackie is making the films he's making for two reasons, one is the money and the other, I believe, is he likes being in the spotlight. I don't believe for one second is doing the Hollywood movies so that he can make better Asian movies. With the money that Jackie is making in his Hollywood movies he could afford to fund them himself but regardless I'm sure he has no problem getting his films financed. I think people are hard on Jackie because he set himself such high standards and since going to Hollywood has let those standards go .

I too would like to see him play much more mature roles, co-starring beside the next generation. Giving the action burden to the younger talent while he himself can concentrate on just one or two short action sequences, appropriate to his age and current abilities. I'm sure if he wanted to he would but unfortunately it appears he is willing to step out of the limelight, which is sad . Like Yi Long said he's basically shitting over his own legacy.

Moving himself behind the camera and using his skills and knowledge to make others look good, rejuvenate martial arts cinema, would be the best thing for everybody since he can't do it himself. There's nothing sadder than watching a legend like Jackie Chan using CGI and wire work.

I may be completely off the mark but I think Jackie is making the films he's making for two reasons, one is the money and the other, I believe, is he likes being in the spotlight. I don't believe for one second is doing the Hollywood movies so that he can make better Asian movies. With the money that Jackie is making in his Hollywood movies he could afford to fund them himself but regardless I'm sure he has no problem getting his films financed. I think people are hard on Jackie because he set himself such high standards and since going to Hollywood has let those standards go .

I too would like to see him play much more mature roles, co-starring beside the next generation. Giving the action burden to the younger talent while he himself can concentrate on just one or two short action sequences, appropriate to his age and current abilities. I'm sure if he wanted to he would but unfortunately it appears he is willing to step out of the limelight, which is sad . Like Yi Long said he's basically shitting over his own legacy.

Moving himself behind the camera and using his skills and knowledge to make others look good, rejuvenate martial arts cinema, would be the best thing for everybody since he can't do it himself. There's nothing sadder than watching a legend like Jackie Chan using CGI and wire work.

In the 1990 documentary THE DEADLIEST ART: THE BEST OF THE MARTIAL ARTS FILMS, Jackie even said he would eventually like to be only a director. He said he was always looking for "New, young, new blood". So who knows? Maybe aside from showcasing his acting talents, he will direct as well.

In the 1990 documentary THE DEADLIEST ART: THE BEST OF THE MARTIAL ARTS FILMS, Jackie even said he would eventually like to be only a director. He said he was always looking for "New, young, new blood". So who knows? Maybe aside from showcasing his acting talents, he will direct as well.

Didn't Jackie make a TV series giving some new hopeful the lead in a martial arts film? Did that ever happen for the winner?

ShaOW!linDude
Didn't Jackie make a TV series giving some new hopeful the lead in a martial arts film? Did that ever happen for the winner?

I wondered the same thing back in March. Here's the thread I started and the info that I could find.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13906&highlight=Jackie+Chan%27s+disciple

Yes that was The Disciple...Jack Tu won and he is now a part of Chan's boyband/martial arts group the New Little Fortunes.