Chinese Zodiac: CZ12 (Formerly 'Armour of God 3') (2012)

kingofkungfu2002

AndyWayne84
Supercop was good, but Rumble and First Strike was just missing something... those two were the start of "forgettable" Jackie Chan movies.

Don't get me started with China Strike Force. =D

I think the last great Jackie Chan movie was Who Am I?

I like Who Am I better than Rush Hour. Not sorry i never was crazy about Rush Hour i honestly don't like Ratner very much compared to Stanley, at least i look at Stanley's flim's and get where he's coming from at times with his style of fliming. I hope JC never work's with Ratner ever again i'm tired of the Rush Hour movies there overated to me the first one was kind of boring with the lame jokes bad as a High Schooler attempting to do stand up Comedy on stage, no i don't all JC flims of recent are all good some are good.

I did like the Myth more than the the tuxedo, I liked Rob-B -Hoood. Don't care what you all say to me it was a good movie next to New Police Story. The Medallion wasn't my cup of tea sorry at all Gordan Chan shouldn't have never directed the flim and just left it in Sammo's hands from the start instead of the whole misdirection of the flim.

Overall i support JC and hope Armour of God 3 makes good on it's promise.

No more Rush Hour movies. "Let Ratner remake 80's classics and rape them.

... but I didn't care for Armour of God 2 either.

I was watching this last night.... pretty good movie, man. Genius physical comedy during the scene with him and the girls at the hotel room.

Not sure how you can't like this, but you like Ong Bak?

But hey, some people like Scarface more than The Godfather... so...

ShaOW!linDude
Don't get me started with China Strike Force. =D

You talking about the film with Aaron Kwok and Mark Dacascos? Because if so, I don't get the implication with Chan's films.

AndyWayne84
AndyWayne84: What did you think of shinjuku incident?

I enjoyed The Shinjuku Incident despite it didn't have any Martial Arts action. Another shock i did Little Big Soldier abit more than The Karate Kid, not slaiming The Karate Kid or anything i just like them using that title since JC is only teaching Jaden Kung Fu. Other than that it was alright i don't have any hate for Jaden despite the kid has a long way to go interms of performing Martial Arts like an expert on Camara, i did enjoy Shaolin although i'm wondering whatever happened the talk of JC fighting with Andy Lau battle was it cut out or was never flimed due to timing???

Rush Hour 3 hmmm i don't hate it as much as other people do. I thought it was okay having Sanda-San and JC battling onscreen but the flim was a sign of enough is enough, i honestly can't see it cont like the Lethel Weapon flims.

Forbidden Kingdom i enjoyed due to the first pairing of JC and JL together. I wish they made more films together ashame though JL was the only co-star away from Sammo and Biao that was less anoying than Tucker oh yes i don't like Chris Tucker i find him very anoying to watch now and find overated.

Guest Yi-Long
I was watching this last night.... pretty good movie, man. Genius physical comedy during the scene with him and the girls at the hotel room.

Not sure how you can't like this, but you like Ong Bak?

But hey, some people like Scarface more than The Godfather... so...

Like most stinkers, they still will have 1 or 2 nice scenes in them... but overall I didn't care 1 bit about Armour of God 2. Maybe I've only seen the cut version though.

It was a USA videotape I bought ages ago for too much money. I felt it was missing good action and I didn't care for the acting, the story, or the mediocre (read: piss-poor) cast..

I love Ong-Bak, but I hardly watch it cause the only version I have is either a mediocre quality bootleg of the thai original cut with the cool music, or the UK version with the fucked up soundtrack.

Scarface, The Godfather... I prefer Goodfellas.

Read from a July 2010 post in Screen Power that THE LEGEND OF THE CHINESE ZODIAC will be Chan's final "big action" film. He will continue to act, but lessen on the fights and show more his acting side...well, he did say almost a decade ago he had about 5 years left...looks like he has reached his limit.

And guess what??? Jackie has officially begun production on CHINESE ZODIAC in Paris. Kwon Sang-Woo is on location as well.

Check out some on-set photos HERE

ShaOW!linDude

Well, if this is to be his swan song, I hope he makes it memorable with some truly great fight sequences and little or no wire-work. I don't care about him doing any crazy stunts for this. I just want to see him perform some amazing choreography. And a decent end fight, please!

As far as I'm concerned he stopped putting effort in his action-movies 16-17 years ago...

I agree, how does such a perfectionist go from the great Jackie Chan to who he is now?

TibetanWhiteCrane

I still like New Police Story, for all it's flaws. But yeah, Who Am I? was to me, the last "real" Jackie Chan movie!

Not a perfect movie, perhaps, but Jackie's last 'classic' effort was Who Am I?

Great flick. Funny thing was, it's the only new movie of his to be "direct to cable".

That was 13 years ago.

All his films are good, but if you want to be picky:

Gorgeous & The Accidental Spy are 'classic' Jackie without doubt.

Guest Markgway

I like Gorgeous, but it's a romantic comedy, it's not 'a Jackie Chan film' in the accepted terms.

I saw Accidental Spy when it came out and recall thinking it was average (and that seemed to be the general consensus).

I like Gorgeous, but it's a romantic comedy, it's not 'a Jackie Chan film' in the accepted terms.

I saw Accidental Spy when it came out and recall thinking it was average (and that seemed to be the general consensus).

Average for a Jackie Chan film means at least a strong popcorn film.

Gorgeous has classic action design, Accidental Spy has some classic Jackie set pieces.

From memory both those filmes are 7.5/10

Guest Yi-Long

I hate Who Am I. It's a horrible HORRIBLE movie, with a lame story, extremely poor cast, and only in the last 30 minutes orso it kinda 'saves' itself with proper action and nice pacing. Only to be ruined by a ridiculous ending where somehow the whole dutch army is doing a demo...(!) :laluot_08:

That was 13 years ago.

While I like the movie Gorgeous as mentioned it's not really a Jackie Chan action movie. Who am I? Is a Jackie Chan film that I really enjoy and for my money the last great Jackie Chan movie. Every actor , director, etc makes bad movies and while I've enjoyed some of his movies over the years to some degree or other, Jackie is on the driest spell of his career and I'll be surprised if this film is at the very least good. I just wish he would make the film as he would have pre-Hollywood. He doesn't have to do crazy stunts like SD said just well choreographed fights and action without wirework. Given he's not going to do that judging on his track record I wish he would retire from starring in movies to just supporting roles more befitting his age, playing the Old Master for the next generation of talent, perhaps also moving behind the lens.

I remember seeing RUSH HOUR in theaters and being disappointed; then I was all hyped up to see Jackie's next HK movie.... only thing I realized was that Gorgeous was his first Hong Kong film where I started to get turned off.

Eve the Brad vs Jackie fight scene seemed too much like a parody of his own catalogue of fight scenes. It was neat stuff, but nothing compared to even anything he did in Who Am I?

Who Am I? felt like a good ol' 80's Golden Harvest flick.

AndyWayne84

Rush Hour was a huge disappointment to me to be honest. I remember enjoying Who Am

i and Gorgeous, better than Rush Hour even though they weren't released in Cinemas like Rush Hour was back in 1998. I have enjoyed his HK flims more than his US work except the Medallion which i honestly didn't enjoy it very much i thought it was worst than the Tuxido and Rush Hour put together. I may sound like a fanboy and i'm not sorry for it either ill say this Jackie is one of the few things in this shitty world that hasn't let me down his HK flims excluding the Medallion are an impressive i'm looking foward to seeing the 3rd Armour of God when it get's released on Blu ray/DVD, i'm selfish for saying this but i don't want JC to retire yet i'm aware he's old but hey if Sly can still make Expendables then JC can make as much flims as he wants till enough is enough.

Guest Yi-Long

I enjoyed Gorgeous and Rush Hour. Not as old-school HK action movies, but just for what they are. And TBH I rather see Jackie in a good movie doing a little action, instead of seeing him in a horrible movie doing some good action in the last 20-30 minutes.

Gorgeous was a good movie. It wasn't a great 'Jackie Chan movie', but like I said, he hasn't been making great 'Jackie Chan movies' for about 15 years orso. Last one was Drunken Master 2.

Rush Hour was a nice buddy-cop movie. I prefer it over the Lethal Weapon movies. They're entertaining although also pretty damn predictable and by-the-numbers.

Rush Hour was a nice buddy-cop movie. I prefer it over the Lethal Weapon movies. They're entertaining although also pretty damn predictable and by-the-numbers.

The first Lethal Weapon movie is a classic.

In fact, I'll take LW3 or LW4 (the lamest of the series) over all three Rush Hour movies any day.

Guest Markgway
The first Lethal Weapon movie is a classic.

In fact, I'll take LW3 or LW4 (the lamest of the series) over all three Rush Hour movies any day.

Agree entirely.