Chinese Zodiac: CZ12 (Formerly 'Armour of God 3') (2012)

kingofkungfu2002

TheGrimReaper

By far the weakest of them all trailers, teasers and so on advertising media regarding this movie. I must admit that it was indeed confusing for me too, however as a loyal JC fan since '91 I would patiently wait for the premiere.

Now I have still mixed or to be more precise neutral feelings towards latest from Jackie and will see what is about to be the final result.

Remember when Jackie Chan movies used to be in Cantonese?

Yes this bugged me as well, Jackie seems to be speaking more mandarin than cantonese these days. Apart from the this, the CGI looks bad, I thought Jackie says he cannot compete with Hollywood in terms of special effects so why does he try?

Jeez, does this really look that horrible? I mean yeah the log scene was stupid, but come on. These are the types of movies Jackie wants to make now. We're never going to see him do any long king fu scenes, and the ending will probably not even involve any fighting. If you want to live in the past we have all of his classics to watch over and over.

I still have hopes that this will be his best movie in a long time. ( I CAN dream, right?)

If you want to live in the past we have all of his classics to watch over and over.

That makes no sense. So I shouldn't complain about the latest bullshit Adam Sandler movie or dismal remake because I can always just watch "Goodfellas" instead?

The problem is that we all know Jackie can make good films. Fantastic films, in fact. So to see him making what looks like watered down nonsense is increasingly frustrating. you know, like when Kubrick made "Eyes Wide Shut."

In my opinion it doesn't look that bad, in fact it probably looks better than any other Jackie Chan film in recent memory. This is about as good as it gets from a almost 60 year old Jackie Chan.

That makes no sense. So I shouldn't complain about the latest bullshit Adam Sandler movie or dismal remake because I can always just watch "Goodfellas" instead?

The problem is that we all know Jackie can make good films. Fantastic films, in fact. So to see him making what looks like watered down nonsense is increasingly frustrating. you know, like when Kubrick made "Eyes Wide Shut."

Nah, I said HIS classics. Sandler wasn't in Goodfellas.

Jackie's an older man now. It's unrealistic to expect him to perform like he did years ago. It's also unrealistic to expect him NOT to use wires now.

One Armed Boxer
Twitch claim this is a new trailer but I don't really see any new footage...

Yeah Todd has confirmed in the comments that this was posted in error, and is in fact the original trailer that they posted some time ago....I guess they just wanted to inflict Jackie's spelling of "S....C....U....M....B....A....G" on us all over again.:tongue:

Just a thought. With the previous batches of Jackies modern era stuff we have seen trailers that looked promising, but the films turned out to be crap.

To put a positive spin on this, perhaps the fact that the trailer looks rubbish is an indicator that we might be pleasantly surprised!

New music video for chinese zodiac

After seeing some new footage this could shape up to be classic chan

Yes! After seeing the footage in the music video, I am really looking forward to this. It looks like Jackie went all out for Chinese Zodiac.

KZHET1XixJU

This is the PHILLIPINE TRAILER for Jackie Chan's upcoming CZ12...

Apparently there is a little bit of everything in this film, so to hear someone comment, "oh it's a KID's movie" based upon a 10 second clip showing the actors riding a log, is ridiculous, what about the volcano scenes, or fight scenes or stunt scenes that WE haven't seen? He obviously will not give away everything in a Trailer, but truth is Jackie has been making both "kid friendly" and more adult films the last few years, so what is the surprise?

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, looks like it's mostly wires and cgi, but we'll see when it comes out. I was actually more worried before I saw any of the trailers, even though they don't rock my world either, but I would rather see JC in this than those mainland polesmoking flicks.

Get ready for this one...

Jackie was awarded the Guinness World Record with "Most Credits in a Single Movie"...he has a whopping 15 credits for CHINESE ZODIAC and it is confirmed on the actor credit that this is officially ARMOUR OF GOD 3!

Jackie-Chan-2.jpg

The actor credit has this in parentheses (Asian Hawk)...He also has the World Record for "Most Stunts by a Living Actor".

jackiechan-guinnessworldrecords-thumb-300xauto-35400.jpg