Best copy (audio wise) of the English version of Fist Of Fury?

Killer Meteor

Killer Meteor

HKL DVD has bad new sound FX and the Mike Remidios song.

The US Fox DVD, The Chinese Connection, suffers from the same problem as their Fists Of Fury (Big Boss) DVD - the sound fx is very muted.

How did the uncut UK pre-code tape sound?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me started on this... I've more copies of this than I care to mention; NONE have the total package. Closest is my version from the original FOX MASTER COLLECTION.

41HKJT6ZJTL.jpg

Agreed, I always liked the quality of the English tracks of the Master Collection. The HKL dubs always sounded stuffy. Big Boss is miles better in its dub on the Master Collection disc, the HKL version sounds like it's coming from someone's LP :tongue: And of course, there's the case of the dub switching over to the "rejected" dub during the riverside scene in virtually EVERY DVD of the film, *except* the Master Collection one.

As for Fist of Fury, perhaps the bass is just a bit low on it :squigglemouth:

Agreed, I always liked the quality of the English tracks of the Master Collection. The HKL dubs always sounded stuffy. Big Boss is miles better in its dub on the Master Collection disc, the HKL version sounds like it's coming from someone's LP :tongue: And of course, there's the case of the dub switching over to the "rejected" dub during the riverside scene in virtually EVERY DVD of the film, *except* the Master Collection one.

As for Fist of Fury, perhaps the bass is just a bit low on it :squigglemouth:

The old Fox US dvd was poor swishing noises missing etc

The uk Rank VHS was probably the closest to the original recorded.. maybe someone could clean it up

Archived