DRAGON'S CLAWS from Video Gems

ThunderScore

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Is it the film also known as Five Pattern Dragon Claw or Thundering Fist ? I have that one an it's quite enjoyable, I really like the fighting style used by Wong Chen Li though the other characters have strong skills too.

I own this but have never seen it. Is it worth a watch?

If you are an old school sucker :tongue: like me, then yup :bigsmile:

Secret Executioner
Those are two different films, IIRC...

Thundering Fist and Five Pattern Dragon Claw are 2 alternate titles for one same film (unless other movies also use these, which wouldn't surprise me) that has Wong Chen Li and Dragon Lee in it. It's a Korean movie but Godfrey Ho is credited as the director.

It's okay, it drags a bit but the fighting is very good and the style used is quite spectacular (if anyone knows what style is used BTW, I'd be glad to know).

The english dubbing of this movie is hilarious. I love the opening line by Hwang Jang Lee when he says in his english upper class posh accent "Arrrssskkedd to meet meee"

I tried to watch this last night and literally couldn't get beyond the dub. It was one of the worst I have ever come across. Why the hell does the hero sound more evil than Hwang Jang Lee's character?

I tried to watch this last night and literally couldn't get beyond the dub. It was one of the worst I have ever come across. Why the hell does the hero sound more evil than Hwang Jang Lee's character?

you think that is bad you should try the dragon the hero

you think that is bad you should try the dragon the hero

I love THE DRAGON, THE HERO aka DRAGON ON FIRE! It was my first Dragon Lee film...

I love THE DRAGON, THE HERO aka DRAGON ON FIRE! It was my first Dragon Lee film...

Ditto with TDTH. see 'the moose reviews the dragon the hero' in reviews.

Ditto with TDTH. see 'the moose reviews the dragon the hero' in reviews.

...Not to be confused with THE DRAGON ON FIRE

aka ENTER THREE DRAGONS...

bf21604a752fe3a3794d303f77fc1142d09f2fdb.jpg

Smells like a bad Bruceploitation... :tongue:

Yeh sounds like it, but its actually a secret rivals rip off. Also it was directed by Godfrey Ho.

Video Gems release has a better dub to it in my opinion! I also have an original, I made into a custom.

Video Gems release has a better dub to it in my opinion! I also have an original, I made into a custom.

Are you referring to the soundtrack or the video quality?

But not a different English track...

Widescreen Custom

Audio ........: Cantonese 2.0

Mandarin 2.0

English Dub 2.0

Subs- English

If I don't like the dub I do the sub, don't matter it's a great classic...

Archived