Together (2013)

DiP

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great for Donnie. It will be interesting to see him in a straight acting role (still haven't seen Love on the Rocks) He is going to hit the milestone 5-0 next year and it will be good to take a break from his usual action style and try something new.

Really? why bother? While Donnie Yen has improved his acting credentials, he is no actor. He should be looking to bring forth his talents, co-starring, directing, choreography and develop the next generation. in the meantime they can earn more money than the next couple of generations of their progeny could realistically spend

There's Special Identity (action director, producer), Iceman Cometh remake (director, producer, action director), Ip Man 3 and LOADS of contemporary action films produced and action directed by Donnie next year coming up... You can relax now. :wink2:

One thing I notice in actors' resumes - regardless if they are known for particular type of film - is that they don't do the same type of films in straight rows or have other types of films listed. Meeting public demands is of course the key to attracting masses (the fans in particular) and thereby accomplishing success and recognition for actors. But that doesn't mean they ALWAYS have to listen and take the audience over their own goals and satisfactions. On the other hand, once they develop a fan base they should wisely maintain it to keep the spotlight so it's all about finding a good balance of what people want and what the actors want to achieve. The same thing happens with action performers, that's how things work. We as fans can expect as much as we want hoping to see our favorites do the films we like to see them do forever. But let's be real, people in general life don't like to do the same thing after a long while and are ought to try out something they've never done before sooner or later.

I don't have any expectations of this film whatsoever but I can understand the reason for him doing it and I respect that. As long as he keeps doing what he does best and occasionally trying out new things on the side, I don't see any reason to complain.

Special Identity (January/February 2013), Together, Iceman Cometh (shooting is estimated to begin at the end of the year) and then Ip Man 3 would be my guess.

Archived