Jackie Chan 4 pack Blu Ray

Jay Stone

OK I picked this up only because I got it for five bucks. It has the US versions of Project A 1 and 2 and Armor of God 1and 2. I had read a few reviews that stated all the films were cropped from 2.35:1 except Armor of God 1. But on my disc all 4 movies are cropped. Was there a pressing of this that did have AoG in the full 2.35:1 ratio.

That's the main reason I got it, though I probably still would have anyway.

Yeah, I know it sucks the way these classics have been presented by Miramax/Echo Bridge, but it seems we'll never get good blu rays of these or any other of Jackie's movies with subs.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt even pay $5 for them, not only cut to pieces but badly dubbed as well. With Project A , apparently they even cut out the outtakes at the end!!!

Now I'm thinking, was AoG one of the few films that Jackie didn't shoot in scope? I remember that usually was only the case with some movies he didn't direct himself, but originally he wasn't the director of AoG, Eric Tsang was, and he directed the opening sequence, where Jackie's hair was real short, and Jackie was injured during the jump.

The only other version I own of the movie is a copy of a full screen VHS with subs cut off on the sides.

Anyone?

I'm guilty of picking this up as well, but Armour of God does look damn good and in actual HD (more than can be said for the Kam and Ronson HK blu). Of course, it's slightly cut (not as bad as the 10 - 20 minutes some of his other films have suffered!), but it's the best quality I've seen.

So yeah, Miramax blu ray is in true high definition, but is cut and dubbed, yet the Kam and Ronson blu-ray is uncut and subtitled, but an upconversion (and an upconversion of a less then stellar SD transfer... seriously, Fortune Star's transfer of AoG always looked a bit too reddish/orangish, and the contrast seemed off).

I swear, with so many of these movies, we can't have our cake and eat it too!

There is also a set of Supercop and Twin Dragons, with TD being listed as 2.35:1

Do you have that one OldPangYau?

The stand alone Blu Ray of Operation Condor by Echo Bridge is not cropped btw. I picked up this and AOG for cheap. Jackie on Blu = win for me.

I also got TD. It is 1080i and has a brief interview with Jackie.

There is also a set of Supercop and Twin Dragons, with TD being listed as 2.35:1

Do you have that one OldPangYau?

I don't have it, but I've read that TD is indeed 2.35, but Supercop is Supercropped :cry:

Thanks, I see massayoda above you says its 1080i.

I don't think there is another person in film whose movies are treated worse than Jackie. It's really pathetic.

I don't think there is another person in film whose movies are treated worse than Jackie. It's really pathetic.

Yeah, I read that its 1080i as well :sad: However, AoG is in 1080p, and I believe the solo blu of Operation Condor is as well.

Now there is an Echo Bridge 3 movie set that includes Supercop at the full 2.35 to 1 ratio, but the sound is only 2 channel!

52258_front.jpg

blue_skies

you're kidding, right? By comparison of many, many other kung fu movies available on DVD or not even available on DVD, Jackie Chan movies are positively stunning. most of his starring roles have been completely remastered.

Now there is an Echo Bridge 3 movie set that includes Supercop at the full 2.35 to 1 ratio, but the sound is only 2 channel!

]

very nice Video Quality, have the Set here. the DVDs in the Set are HORRIBLY encoded btw, 3 Full Movies crammed into 5.7GB

3475e7255984194.jpg 6c1c15255984207.jpg 95b6e5255984254.jpg 2a4e45255984265.jpg 8a5d6a255984310.jpg 15b242255984335.jpg 86c5d8255984350.jpg a63198255984369.jpg 49d2b3255984389.jpg 5b056b255984411.jpg 9a336d255984443.jpg c0fcc6255984498.jpg 95b335255984516.jpg a144a7255984538.jpg 594483255984582.jpg

newgen2005

OK guys, might check these US editions out!! Would love to see Twin Dragons and Armour of God films. Which are the best Blu-ray's to pick up? I see Amazon do a 2 movie edition of TD and SC, TD on it's own and a 4 movie set OC, OC2, PA, PA2. Are we best to get the individual Blu-rays? Are they all from the same source? I know they are the US cuts but I want see these films in proper HD, plus they are dirt cheap!! :smile:

you're kidding, right? By comparison of many, many other kung fu movies available on DVD or not even available on DVD, Jackie Chan movies are positively stunning. most of his starring roles have been completely remastered.

No, not kidding. Name another star (I'm talking about movie star, not kung fu actor) whose films are constantly cut up, re-edited, rescored, dubbed, etc.

blue_skies
No, not kidding. Name another star (I'm talking about movie star, not kung fu actor) whose films are constantly cut up, re-edited, rescored, dubbed, etc.

yeah you didn't say that before

I don't think there is another person in film whose movies are treated worse than Jackie.

hence my comment as there was no mention of cut up, re-edited, rescored, dubbed etc etc. Obviously other kung fu and Asian action movies have been given the shaft a lot worse than Jackie Chan. Remastered and available up to 1080i even if they have been re-edited, rescored, dubbed, no original mono etc etc… I'd take that quality for a ton of kung fu movies.

I'm guilty of picking this up as well, but Armour of God does look damn good and in actual HD (more than can be said for the Kam and Ronson HK blu). Of course, it's slightly cut (not as bad as the 10 - 20 minutes some of his other films have suffered!), but it's the best quality I've seen.

So yeah, Miramax blu ray is in true high definition, but is cut and dubbed, yet the Kam and Ronson blu-ray is uncut and subtitled, but an upconversion (and an upconversion of a less then stellar SD transfer... seriously, Fortune Star's transfer of AoG always looked a bit too reddish/orangish, and the contrast seemed off).

I swear, with so many of these movies, we can't have our cake and eat it too!

When did a K&R HK blu of AOG come out? I think I missed that one. I know that Operation Condor came out on blu(HK K&R). I bought that one. I thought the quality was really good. Whether it was an upconvert or not, I am glad I got it. I missed out on getting the Joy Sales dvd of OC. And, the only version of this that I have is an old vhs boot and I think the edited US dvd.

And, it is fn sad the treatment that these movies have received.

newgen2005
When did a K&R HK blu of AOG come out? I think I missed that one. I know that Operation Condor came out on blu(HK K&R). I bought that one. I thought the quality was really good. Whether it was an upconvert or not, I am glad I got it. I missed out on getting the Joy Sales dvd of OC. And, the only version of this that I have is an old vhs boot and I think the edited US dvd.

As far as I am aware K&R have not released AOG, I have OC and am pleased with it.

I also own most of the Japanese releases by Paramount, and the ones by Shout Factory. All the releases are upscales as the sources are from Fortune Star! I don't think we will get anything else as remastering costs loads and the demand just isn't there! All of these films and the Bruce Lee films have been milked to death, people won't keep on double or even triple dipping unless they offer something different! Same old story with the upcoming 40th Annerversary edition of Enter the Dragon! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

OldPangYau

I think I jumped the gun when I said that, confusing it for the Japanese blu-ray of AOG... which indeed was an upconvert.

As for Supercop, I didn't get that three pack, but I saw Best Buy had on sale a 4 pack of movies that had Supercop, Equillibrium, some Seagal film and some Mark Wahlberg film. Haven't watched Supercop yet, but it's listed as 2.35. Hell, maybe someone can make a 90% HD custom of the HK cut using the US HD transfer for the bulk of the film, and then the SD footage for the HK cut scenes :wink:

Archived