Warner Bros Confirm Enter the Dragon - 40th Anniversary Edition

sdog2006

You could of course sew it on your Gung fu suit or gi!:wink:

When that kid said that on the YouTube review I almost dropped my laptop!

I'd like to sew the badge on to the skin of whoever has the idea of supplying it! God Almighty! :cry:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reel Power Stunts

So it would appear the old release has more picture information and dynamic range. New release is more contrasty... Hmmm

So it would appear the old release has more picture information and dynamic range. New release is more contrasty... Hmmm

Complete rip off mate.

newgen2005

Tempted to cancel my order and wait for it to come down in price!! I was hoping for much better video quality!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

So, after all this, it turns out the new print is inferior to the 2007 BD? Talk about adding insult to injury.

This really has surprised me more than anything else - especially after reports of people supposedly seeing the newer print and raving about the clarity.

Warners really should be ashamed of this new release - but we all know they won't be.

I guess all that remains for me to say to the few on here who have yet to own ETD is to get their hands on the 2007 region free release before it goes out of print, killed off by this new edition - here's the Amazon links:

For the UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BMVCYQE/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000PY520E&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=096DKC9TYWMG1RV4MCY6

For the US:

http://www.amazon.com/Enter-Dragon-Blu-ray-Bruce-Lee/dp/B003L7DK6U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370814288&sr=8-2&keywords=enter+the+dragon+blu+ray

And the re-packaged UK edition which was released a few weeks ago:

1b230a159ba844438a9e80c.jpg

1880d3b142774a4ba045954.jpg

f90d2bfb6d374fedb20ee7c.jpg

f28b6da0a57f4c34a661f31.jpg

8750d2e011fa416d97f707e.jpg

2bb092986c51484d89167ac.jpg

77a196200a1247dc9c333d6.jpg

17e9dec138f04618aac2e35.jpg

5f6178d9184c41f2a3b8cc3.jpg

013896f2d01c449997afa87.jpg

2f29a54538ef4e5ca912f8b.jpg

51bc0214a7fc4dd994642a8.jpg

29f09b3d62be4122a5d6435.jpg

c5d9187d229b4bbca4f8662.jpg

a9d9b995779640eb84b49b8.jpg

92336e6fffb74483bcf82e0.jpg

8e5e141db7dc4426b05b97c.jpg

3c3d37d5d66f4c1c9dc97ee.jpg

1fbab841b6a348f481e8168.jpg

As soon as my 40th Anniversary edition arrives I will do some screen caps! :wink:

I'm no expert but that Scam & Conjob - I mean, Kam & Ronson - disc looks really washed out.

Isn't the recent re-issue the same print as the 2007 BD?

Nothing like a healthy dose of cropping to go with my breakfast. Yeah, eating crow. :cry: Time for plan B. Cause plan A just died. Thanks Warner. I was gonna wait until after I get Bruce Lee Legacy Collection then pick up the 40th aniv version. But, now, I think these pix posted have saved me some dough. Oh well, maybe by the 50th aniv version they will get it right. Or not.

Guest Markgway

You'd have to be off your tits to think that the 40th AE is an upgrade.

Apart from the aliasing, the original BD is superior.

You'd have to be off your tits to think that the 40th AE is an upgrade.

Apart from the aliasing, the original BD is superior.

What is another 5 years to wait for the 45th anniv edition. But, they probably still gonna use this edition as the starting point.

But, in honor of this 40th anniv "remaster", I re-watched my original blu. I have an 24" monitor to watch it on. Aliasing? What aliasing? As I get older my eyes are getting worse. "I see nothing, nothing".

Yeah, that original blu will have to do for now. I think that I hate the cropping issue even worse than the color being off on this 40th. But, guess Warners does not like money anymore. They certainly are not getting anymore of mine. Not unless they fix this fiasco.

The 40th edition looks nothing like the movie I watched at the cinema, at least the older edition does capture that look even if it's the longer version. The 40th version's colours are all wrong (like the Kam and Ronson), it's too dark and what's with the contrast? Who did they let loose on this? The estate should be annoyed about this but they're probably too busy promoting Bruce Lee Aftershave etc. Totally unacceptable considering it's a anniversary release.

The blu ray new edition of the 40th anniversary of Bruce Lee ENTER THE DRAGON is a disappointment. Good are only the 2 segments movies edited by john little. the remaining material is stuff already seen a million times. interviews ridiculous. save money !!!:sad:

The blu ray new edition of the 40th anniversary of Bruce Lee ENTER THE DRAGON is a disappointment. Good are only the 2 segments movies edited by john little. the remaining material is stuff already seen a million times. interviews ridiculous. save money !!!:sad:

Even they were garbage mate. Just a complete waste of time.

Just happy I didn't pay for it. Got it for free but will NEVER watch it.

THE MOST RIDICULOUS. interview to the baby grandson of Bruce and daughter shannon ..... but who cares? characters discussing bruce but in reality they have known for a while ... material seen in old editions 1000 vhs and dvd over the past 20 years. tired of seeing the same old soup. I also want to spend money and satisfaction in view of new material. save this edition. money thrown in the trash.

Bruce Lee Footages : we want news in terms of movies and clips amateur dedicated to the teacher. We spent a fortune to see the same images in hundreds of documentaries about the little dragon. is by thieves put a movie a few seconds and create a Nuva edition of the same film. the quality remains the same in all the world's master used. do not steal the money. the collection grow with the sacrifice and it is very sad to be ripped off like chickens. open a petition for these fraudulent actions.:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

is exact. we said the same thing. the first large speculators are the wife and daughter ..... all in the name of the god of money!! biographies and interviews written and spoken by people who have seen bruce lee in his life for a few moments. absolute disgrace.:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Archived