Warner Bros Confirm Enter the Dragon - 40th Anniversary Edition

sdog2006

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Way As Way a bonus feature, not impressed! A speak peak!!

I won't be getting it either, all the new documentaries are rubbish with no new footage or information just relying mostly on interviews with celebrity fans, at least the old docs used to speak to people who actually knew Bruce.

newgen2005

Real shame guys, a missed opportunity!! You would think Shannon and co would have wanted something special for the 40th anniversary! They would rather concentrate on selling crap on Bruce Lee.com! They should visit these forums and see what the real fans want. Interviewing those people about Bruce is a joke, I don't care what UFC fighters have to say, they add nothing other than bs!!

Rant over! :)

Guest Markgway
You would think Shannon and co would have wanted something special for the 40th anniversary!

Shannon luvz yur $$$$$$$$

That doc looked like it is gonna suck. They might as well get people off the street. Anyone can say what BL means to them. Who cares. Again, this is why I prefer the old docs better because at least they spoke to guys that actually knew Bruce and there was some insight there on him. The BL family is too closely connected to Enter for anything good to come out of it. Just more fluff pieces. They seem to distance themselves from the rest of Bruce`s work, though; which might be a good thing. At least we can get some interesting extras and objective opinions(perhaps).

Think the SF Bruce Lee Legacy Collection is gonna blow this away! They got the old school docs and the William Cheung interview. Though, it seems that the I Am Bruce Lee doc is equal to the No Way As Way doc by having all these people with no actual connection being interviewed. Would have been nice if someone found some outtakes from Way or more GOD footage and got that out.

Yes, Shannon is hot and Linda Lee Cadwell is rockin the grandma look(Cougar).

Yep, just as I expected, looks total bollocks.

Anyone know what Return to Hans Island entails?

If it's a bunch of idiots jumping around those tennis courts recalling old stories I think I will throw up.

Yep, just as I expected, looks total bollocks.

Anyone know what Return to Hans Island entails?

If it's a bunch of idiots jumping around those tennis courts recalling old stories I think I will throw up.

Got to be place of filming revisited

the Clips are Mono, but they sound like Downmixes. just check "Let the Tournament begin" Clip. that Music doesn't sound original to me.

also, the Remix mostly only inserted Stereo Music, you won't spot Fortune Star-like insanities anyway.

Guest Markgway

Yeah, I didn't think it sounded like original mono, just centred.

Review here:

http://dvdmg.com/enterthedragonbr.shtml

I'd have to see how much the image is improved (hopefully we'll get a screen cap comp) but I can't see any other reason for the expensive 'upgrade'. Warners fail again. IMHO.

Just read the review and I'm boycotting.

What a backward ass pile of shit. Same commentaries, rehashed special features including a twenty year old documentary, insignificant talking heads, meaningless trinkets and cover artwork that would make a pig puke.

The only thing worth talking about is a "slight" picture upgrade. Hot shit! We're talking about a film that was made 40 years ago, it isn't meant to look like Inception for Christ Sake!

WARNER AND THE LEE ESTATE - If this is what you do to my favourite film then DO NOT RELEASE IT AGAIN because quite frankly you don't know what the f*ck you're doing!

C L U E L E S S !

Tigerstyles
Just read the review and I'm boycotting.

What a backward ass pile of shit. Same commentaries, rehashed special features including a twenty year old documentary, insignificant talking heads, meaningless trinkets and cover artwork that would make a pig puke.

The only thing worth talking about is a "slight" picture upgrade. Hot shit! We're talking about a film that was made 40 years ago, it isn't meant to look like Inception for Christ Sake!

WARNER AND THE LEE ESTATE - If this is what you do to my favourite film then DO NOT RELEASE IT AGAIN because quite frankly you don't know what the f*ck you're doing!

C L U E L E S S !

100% with you on this! Waste of plastic

Guest Markgway

We'll never see the original again. The film I grew up with and loved is gone. I hate Warners.

After such a lukewarm review, I agree with you guys - now's the time to say OK, I'm done.

I already own ETD on blu-ray and that'll do me fine.

If this new edition had've been packed with extras we hadn't already seen then yeah, I would've probably gone for it.

This lazy, half-hearted cash grab seems a perfect time for me to knock all this double dipping on the head.

How many times do I need to own the same thing, anyway?

And as for "Return to Han's Island" - Bey already did it, and better, too, I bet:

Tigerstyles
After such a lukewarm review, I agree with you guys - now's the time to say OK, I'm done.

I already own ETD on blu-ray and that'll do me fine.

If this new edition had've been packed with extras we hadn't already seen then yeah, I would've probably gone for it.

This lazy, half-hearted cash grab seems a perfect time for me to knock all this double dipping on the head.

How many times do I need to own the same thing, anyway?

And as for "Return to Han's Island" - Bey already did it, and better, too, I bet:

Well said Karlos

Fuck waners.. sit on Pedicab driver all you want... tight bitches

Guest Markgway

Maybe some of our American friends here could petition Warners to put the theatrical cut into their On Demand Archive Collection programme? Even a DVD would do. It's obvious that the original will never see the light of day as a wide release. I'd happily give up my BD (and all those extras) for a film only 2.35 anamorphic and mono presentation of the TC.

Maybe some of our American friends here could petition Warners to put the theatrical cut into their On Demand Archive Collection programme? Even a DVD would do. It's obvious that the original will never see the light of day as a wide release. I'd happily give up my BD (and all those extras) for a film only 2.35 anamorphic and mono presentation of the TC.

You and me both mate. I've got a LD transfer on DVD and a mint copy of the first UK release from 1980 (obviously cropped beyond belief) but I'm now convinced that is the nearest that I'll ever get to the theatrical cut.

I think the sticking point with re-releasing a version without the Monk scene implies that it should never have been included in the first place. The Estate is never going to authorize that as it is detrimental to Lee's philosophy bla bla bla.

The first re-release to piss me off was HKL Way of the Dragon Platinum because other than Bob Wall, recounting the same old stories, it was a pile of shit and didn't justify either a second disc or the money.

HKL Fist of Fury Platinum was another embarrassment but I caved in for the Nora Miao interview.

I actually enjoyed walking by HKL The Big Boss Platinum which was the worst of the lot and I have never owned it since it's release. I'm surprised it didn't include a free ice pic, such was the misplacement of the special features. Hair stylists for Christ Sake?

I trusted the Lee Estate/ Warner to do something special with ETD but this 40th Anniversary Edition is an insult to loyal fans, an insult to the movie itself, an insult to Bruce Lee and an insult to people's intelligence.

The movie has been repackaged as a martial arts/ Walt Disney hybrid and, considering it's historical standing, that makes my dick itch. An Enter the Dragon badge? My man must be spinning in his grave!

I guess I’m the only one surprised that this release is actually better than I originally assumed. Instead of the Enter the Dragon badge, I thought that Shannon would have used this as another marketing ploy and added a small sample bottle of their Bruce Lee perfume :tongue:.

Secret Executioner

Wow, they got everything right here: ugly artwork, lousy packaging, useless extra and a bad print... The badge and some of the things in the sort of enveloppe look like the only things remotely interesting in this package. :squigglemouth:

Who wears badges? It's not 1981.....

You could of course sew it on your Gung fu suit or gi!:wink:

Archived