Warner Bros Confirm Enter the Dragon - 40th Anniversary Edition

sdog2006

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor
Sorry if this has been posted guys.

Attached a schedule of Warners releases for next year. Great news.

I swear, this BETTER have the original theatrical version!!!

With you on that.

Think the spec will be:

• Full version
  • Theatrical version
  • Ahna Capri Footage in Full
  • New Trailer
  • Cast and Crew Commentary
  • Something on Shannon Lee

Jim Kelly and John Saxon have already been told that something is in the pipeline and I can't see that being another documentary. A commentary with Kelly, Saxon and maybe even Bob Wall would be ideal.

Shannon Lee is also too prevalent not to be involved. Maybe a small documentary on the website bla bla bla.

We'll see how close I am.

And put Bruce's voice back into the monk scene...not John Littles!

I don't think they can locate the full loop Dave. Otherwise why dub it in the first place?

Most people want the theatrical back in any case.

Killer Meteor
And put Bruce's voice back into the monk scene...not John Littles!

I would have thought the easier thing would have been to use the Chinese dub for that scene.

... They're gonna f**k this up too.

Especially with Madame Shannon involved.

Sure it won't come with a Cologne Gift Set?

I would have thought the easier thing would have been to use the Chinese dub for that scene.

Good shout but I would rather the scene was removed and we went back to the theatrical print.

I feel like a hypocrite for saying that because I went bat shit for the Abbot’s inclusion for decades but it just doesn’t work.

The plot is for Lee to go to Han’s Island and kick some ass, right? Here are the reason’s the film now offers us for him doing so.

• Han invites him (according to Braithwaite)
  • Han betrayed Shaolin (according to the Abbot)
  • British Intelligence (represented by Braithwaite) request that he becomes their agent and investigate Han
  • O’Harra (Han’s right hand man) indirectly killed his sister (according to Old Man)

The word overkill springs to mind.

After the releases of The Exorcist and Blade Runner having multiple cuts for their blus, I would hope they would be smart and continue this trend with ETD.

Reel Power Stunts

The wisest thing they could do would be get Bey Logan to record a fact-filled audio commentary. It would likely be much better than a surviving-cast/crew-reminiscing-track.

Having said that, getting the likes of Chaplin Chang and Madalena Chan on the record about ETD would be right for a 40th Anniversary release. As Enter's AD, Chaplin saw a lot of the production up-close. He's a great racenteur to boot.

Does Walt Missingham have anything to contribute to the bonus features?

The wisest thing they could do would be get Bey Logan to record a fact-filled audio commentary. It would likely be much better than a surviving-cast/crew-reminiscing-track.

Having said that, getting the likes of Chaplin Chang and Madalena Chan on the record about ETD would be right for a 40th Anniversary release. As Enter's AD, Chaplin saw a lot of the production up-close. He's a great racenteur to boot.

Does Walt Missingham have anything to contribute to the bonus features?

Since John Little is on board, we can pretty much guarantee Bey Logan won't be on :sad: If anything, Bey Logan should set up a site where he can create custom commentaries people can download and listen to while watching the movies. Then we can finally get an ETD commentary!

After the releases of The Exorcist and Blade Runner having multiple cuts for their blus, I would hope they would be smart and continue this trend with ETD.

To paraphrase Igor from Van Helsing, when asked by Dracula why he torments the werewolves: ... It is what I do.

:bigsmile:

Since John Little is on board, we can pretty much guarantee Bey Logan won't be on :sad: If anything, Bey Logan should set up a site where he can create custom commentaries people can download and listen to while watching the movies. Then we can finally get an ETD commentary!

That sounds like a brilliant idea for Bey. He'd at the very least have the support of the hundreds of followers from this site alone, as a start.

That sounds like a brilliant idea for Bey. He'd at the very least have the support of the hundreds of followers from this site alone, as a start.

I thought so... maybe I should start up a petition :wink:

Killer Meteor

Except The Running Man!

OpiumKungFuCracker

So what cities are being shown the 4k restoration print??? Warner Bros, please give me more info???

Does anybody know if it will make a difference to buy german release of this. As it is cheaper.

and also out at same time as u.s unlike u.k version which there is no release date.

http://www.amazon.de/Bruce-Lee-Todeskralle-Anniversary-Blu-ray/dp/B00BSNVOWQ/ref=sr_1_14?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1368020509&sr=1-14&keywords=bruce+lee

If anyone out there knows if it plays in english with extras in english etc without german subtitles. Please could they let me know.

Robbie, there is no PAL/NTSC issue with blu-rays – they are all output in HD.

I’m guessing this will region B locked, which means that us Brits can indeed play it.

While we don’t know the specs of this just yet, I’d hang fire from ordering - but I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t the option of watching this in it’s original English language.

I’ve read that some blu’s do have enforced subs on discs – again, this could have them, too. Doubt it, but you never know.

And is ETD really called The Man With The Iron Claw in Germany?!!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Anybody gonna see the 4k restoration print in theaters?? I'm going tonight, we'll see how it goes!!!

thanks for quick response about german version. Probaly will either wait and see if as english options or buy u.s version

Karlos, German Title is "The Man with the Deadly (or Death) Claw". refering to Mr. Han.

newgen2005

Looks good!, much cheaper than the US edition, doesn't look like you get the goodies that come with the US and Japanese editions though!!

Archived