New Blog about HK movie locations

andi81

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

That's great andi.... I love stuff like this. Hoping to take a similar tour myself at some point. Of course, in a rapidly changing city like HK places and locations seem to change or dissapear at an incredible rate. So I probably shouldn't wait too long.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I can imagine. Im actually working on a list of locations to visit. Bey Logan's commentaries are gold for this purpose. It's gonna be interesting to see how many of them are even remotely recognisable once I get there.

I can imagine. Im actually working on a list of locations to visit. Bey Logan's commentaries are gold for this purpose. It's gonna be interesting to see how many of them are even remotely recognisable once I get there.

When do you plan on going TWC?

TibetanWhiteCrane
When do you plan on going TWC?

I don't know yet, for sure. The issues of money and time has to be worked out. Im going back to school in January, for the duration of two years, which means less money but way more vacation. So that's a bit tricky, but within those next two years, I hope.

superb site,, cant get of it

Thanks. Hong Kong (and Macau) is a paradise for movielocationhunters...

I want to go back to HK, but I don't have the time....

@QueMuchita: How long have u been there? You've seen some movielocations?

Nice one Andi, good links guys.

I've always wondered what it's like for the Hong Kong audience watching HK movies with HK being so relatively small a region, pehaps seeing your own neighbourhood in the cinema.

I really need to visit Hong Kong myself, just can't seem to justify it to myself enough to commit to going.

Though the crazy thing is without even going there I probably know more about Hong Kong, including it's geography, than any other city, including those in my own country.

For example my nearest city is Liverpool, but I could probably tell you more about HK than Liverpool, for example I could list way more dictricts of Hong Kong than I could of Liverpool and point out where they are on a map more accurately. Perhaps I just need to visit Liverpool more often, lol.

Anybody else feel like they know HK better than their local cities despite never actually visiting?

Shaolin Chamber 36

LOVE the site andi81. I'm going to start promoting Martial Arts movie related sites on my site, and I am going to definitely promote yours. Keep up the great work.

Incredible images, love comparing then and now.

@QueMuchita: How long have u been there? You've seen some movielocations?

I was only there for about 10 days.

Nah, I didn't visit any movie locations, not that I know of anyway.

Archived