11 Samurai Now Available For Sale From AnimEigo

Vegeta84

Well, I just bought this over at the AnimEigo website and have never seen it, but have heard good things about it.

The more we support AnimEigo the more likely we are going to get more classic Japanese films from them.

http://www.animeigo.com/

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, I was JUST about to put a big order into Animeigo to pick up the discs I don't have. Now I'll have to wait a month until this drops to 12.99.

BlackLamaFaction

I have never in my life wanted to see a villain killed more than that son of a bitch lord in 11 Samurai. Coincidentally I think the number two villain I hated most was the Son of a bitch lord in 13 Assassins.

AnimEigo sure ships fast. Ordered this late night Wednesday and it was in my mail box this morning.

Haven't watched the film yet, but put it in to make sure everything was in order and I can the picture quality looks beautiful. Hoping to watch this tonight if time permits.

Ok, so I just finished watching this and have to say this was probably one of the best samurai films I've seen.

Very similar to 13 Assassins, but I just liked it a bit more.

You have Isao Natsuyagi as the lead as what I believe is his first role. For a first time performance, it was very believeable and I can understand how this man is still acting today.

You also have Kôji Nanbara playing a non villain role! Holy shit. Every film I've seen him in, he's played some sort of pyscho, devious, villian. Playing an honorable samurai was quite the departure.

Overall, loved the film. I'm hooked on samurai films again.

Archived