BLR5 Brandon Lee Takeover Special KFCF members art!

johnoverall

The issue is still at the internal design stage but I just wanted to show off the cover for BLR5 The Brandon Lee Takeover Special by Kungfubob and Mpm74:

BLR05_Final.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
The issue is still at the internal design stage but I just wanted to show off the cover for BLR5 The Brandon Lee Takeover Special by Kungfubob and Mpm74:

A big thanks to John for making me a part of something I love and appreciate. His magazine kicks ass! It's always a fantastically fun read, and you never know what you'll find (including articles by our forum brothers Karlos and ShaOw!linDude among past issues).

I'm not sure if people know this or not, but this is a break-even project. John does not profit from this, and only does it out of his passion for Bruce Lee, Brandon Lee, and the kung fu genre.

As for Mpm74's contribution to this cover... totally brilliant brother! :wink: I'm absolutely thrilled with how this collaboration worked out. You took my art and vastly improved and complimented it with everything you did. The retro look is spot-on. :bigsmile: Believe me, I know what you did is not as easy as some may think/as you make it look, and I am truly impressed with your graphic design/artistic abilities. Thanks!

Very nice, I would love to see KFB do a piece on Bruce.

Thank you. :nerd: I can say this: It's in the works. Officially. As in... for Bruce Lee Enterprises. Yep, dreams DO come true. :bigsmile:

As for Mpm74's contribution to this cover... totally brilliant brother! :wink: I'm absolutely thrilled with how this collaboration worked out. You took my art and vastly improved and complimented it with everything you did. The retro look is spot-on. :bigsmile: Believe me, I know what you did is not as easy as some may think/as you make it look, and I am truly impressed with your graphic design/artistic abilities. Thanks!

Thanks, man! I was a little worried that I may have 'ruined' your art work or vision by meshing it in with the cheesy explosives, car crash, etc. and altering it slightly. Glad you appreciate and "get" what I do.

Likewise!

• Administrator
Thanks, man! I was a little worried that I may have 'ruined' your art work or vision by meshing it in with the cheesy explosives, car crash, etc. and altering it slightly. Glad you appreciate and "get" what I do.

Likewise!

No way- you rocked the shit out of this cover man! I've enjoyed all of the work that you've done on BLR, but this is proof that you just keep improving with each project. I meant to e-mail you today to say "thanks" and tell you all of this. But I may as well acknowledge it publicly. "I'm not worthy!" :tongue:

No way- you rocked the shit out of this cover man! I've enjoyed all of the work that you've done on BLR, but this is proof that you just keep improving with each project. I meant to e-mail you today to say "thanks" and tell you all of this. But I may as well acknowledge it publicly. "I'm not worthy!" :tongue:

No way, man. If you're Jackie Chan, then I'm Danny Aiello. =D

Thanks so much to KFB and MPM74 for elevating my lowly fanzine with their skills, humbled by their efforts. I sent BLR5 off to the printer today, so the finished product should hopefully start going out at the end of the week. So if anyone would like to pre-order, the time is now!

• Administrator
No way, man. If you're Jackie Chan, then I'm Danny Aiello. =D

lol :xd: Hey! Make me a pizza! :tongue:

Thanks so much to KFB and MPM74 for elevating my lowly fanzine with their skills, humbled by their efforts. I sent BLR5 off to the printer today, so the finished product should hopefully start going out at the end of the week. So if anyone would like to pre-order, the time is now!

Thanks right back at you John. It's great to be a part of a 'zine I dig so much. :nerd:

Can't wait to get my hands on this. I always read BLR cover to cover the day I get it.

Got my copy in the mail. Looks pretty good and you have some really nice interviews in there. Not sure how you got a hold of these people, but seriously, more power to you! Great stuff.

Yes, roll on to issue 6. I'd personally like to see a "girls of Bruce Lee" issue... Nora Miao, Maria Yi, Linda Lee, Betty Ting Pei, Madilne (the Big Boss whore), etc. etc. etc.

Not sure how you got a hold of these people, but seriously, more power to you! Great stuff.

Persistence. Patience. A lot of rejection.

...I'd personally like to see a "girls of Bruce Lee" issue... Nora Miao, Maria Yi, Linda Lee, Betty Ting Pei, Madilne (the Big Boss whore), etc. etc. etc.

Potential!

PS: Just 13 copies remain of BLR5!

Archived