Winners & Sinners (VPD) uk VHS trailer

Son Of A Gun

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite possibly. I only recorded it a few weeks ago but can't remember for sure which tape it was on. :tongue:

I like it because it's a proper Golden Harvest trailer of the times with the same narrator as used on "Bruce Lee The Legend" (made at the same time). Also, the dubbing actors dubbed this trailer at the same time as dubbing the actual movie, I guess. Because JAckie's "Hold it! Get down!" is delivered slightly different than in the actual movie. But same voice.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Wow, how rare that the english speaking narrator actually pronounces the names right!

Ever listened to the voice guy on those early HKL biography showcase deals, where the text scrolls down as the dude mangles every name that comes up......?? It's brutal!

Yeah, and also rare that he even mentioned Richard Ng and Cherie Chung at all!

Usually it's just "Jacking Chan, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao...in...(insert movie title here)!"

The voices used on the HKL dvd narrations and most of the trailers were just awful, yeah. :squigglemouth:

Trailers should always have an american voice over, in my opinion. :nerd:

Oh dear. :sad:

Then I'm thinking of some really bad english/British voice over artists they used then.

And the american guy you're speaking of, he did the voice over for the Bruce Lee documentary on the Game of Death platinum edition documentary, right? He had a good voice for it, but yeah, like you said, I guess no one told him how to pronounce the names right.

The swines!

Archived