Dead Mine (2012) Starring Hard Revenge Milly & Joe Taslim from 'The Raid'!

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

HBO Asia is making its debut into the movie making world this year, which if you're like me, doesn't really mean a whole lot. However, when that movie stars Hard Revenge Milly herself, Miki Mizuno, along with Joe Taslim from 'The Raid', thrown together in a story set in the Indonesian jungle containing what appears to be a zombie samurai warrior and a crazed mutant....then suddenly, you have my attention!

The trailer indicates very little martial arts action, but just the fact that it contains both Mizuno & Taslim on screen in a horror movie setting is enough to warrant it worth a watch for me, let's see how it turns out.

2012-Dead-mine-poster.jpg

xon6FAAss0U

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Holy shit, dvd drops next week!!!! Who's picking it up??

The Raid's Joe Taslim stars in the intense new action horror film, Dead Mine! There's something lurking deep in the shadows beneath the ground...

Delve into the depths of horror with Dead Mine

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Mine-DVD-Sam-Hazeldine/dp/B00BI1H0EE/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1368023568&sr=1-1&keywords=dead+mine

The US DVD comes out tomorrow and thanks to the PR reps for the distributor, I will be receiving the DVD so once I get to see it, I will review it...hopefully it has some martial arts action worth while, especially with both Taslim and Mizuno mixed in

ShaOW!linDude

Honestly, I really wasn't expecting any MA in this but it looks to be a good movie. (Still, I share your sentiment, OKFC.)

What I don't get is all the hoopla surrounding Joe Taslim. He only had the 1 fight scene in The Raid and that was against Yayan Ruhian. And he was good, don't get me wrong, but how is that suddenly parlaying into Taslim being the next big thing out of Indonesia? I don't get why it's such a big deal he's doing the next F&F movie either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing him. I guess this is more or less Hollywood hype and once again really talented MA's are being passed over for someone whose popularity might be more palatable to mainstream audiences.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Honestly, I really wasn't expecting any MA in this but it looks to be a good movie. (Still, I share your sentiment, OKFC.)

What I don't get is all the hoopla surrounding Joe Taslim. He only had the 1 fight scene in The Raid and that was against Yayan Ruhian. And he was good, don't get me wrong, but how is that suddenly parlaying into Taslim being the next big thing out of Indonesia? I don't get why it's such a big deal he's doing the next F&F movie either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing him. I guess this is more or less Hollywood hype and once again really talented MA's are being passed over for someone whose popularity might be more palatable to mainstream audiences.

Yep, Joe Taslim needs to do lots more to be considered the next action star.. If anybody who should be cross over to Mainstream it should be Iko Uwais...

Drunken Monk

I felt the same way though, after watching "Fast and Furious 6" it's obvious that the guy has some charisma to him.

His fight work in "FAF6" isn't exactly stellar but he really pulls off his character well and provides a little weight to what, otherwise, might just be another shitty henchman role.

He also speaks excellent English and this might be why Hollywood have latched onto him rather than other stars.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I felt the same way though, after watching "Fast and Furious 6" it's obvious that the guy has some charisma to him.

His fight work in "FAF6" isn't exactly stellar but he really pulls off his character well and provides a little weight to what, otherwise, might just be another shitty henchman role.

He also speaks excellent English and this might be why Hollywood have latched onto him rather than other stars.

Speaking English makes all the difference.. I think he will do fairly well in the mainstream markets, way to go Joe Taslim!!!

ShaOW!linDude

I've seen a clip of 1 of his fights from that movie and it was pretty good. The fact that he's fluent in English will certain be a big help so your point is well taken.

One Armed Boxer

Interesting viewpoint, I actually think Taslim's breakthrough into the international market has nothing to do with him being an action star, nor do I think his performances in 'Dead Mine' or the lastest FF movie are being marketed as such.

However as an actor, his performance in 'The Raid' showed a lot of charisma and screen presence, he has that something that a lot of actors these days (I'm thinking the Twilight generation) don't have, and I think it's this which has been picked up on by the folk in the movie industry.

I second OpiumKungFuCracker's sentiments and say good on him.

Archived