Lone wolf & child: Assassin on the road to hell

daisho2004

The tale of Ogami Itto and his son Daigoro has come full circle with the greatest sword actor of all time, Wakayama Tomisaburo now playing Lone Wolf's mortal enemy, the evil Lord Yagyu Retsudo, who masterminded Ogami's fall from grace. Brilliant sword actor Takahashi Hideki takes over as the former shogunate decapitator, and his stunning swordsmanship is second to none! The story of Lone Wolf and Child has been told many times, but never before like this. With the magnificent sword skills of Takahashi Hideki as Ogami Itto, the Shogun’s Decapitator and Wakayama Tomisaburo as the power hungry Lord Yagyu Retsudo the story has come full circle. The whole tale is told here, from start to finish, with scenes reminiscent of each of the 6 feature films. This is truly an outstanding production directed by noted filmmaker Tanaka Tokuzo whose outstanding works include The Betrayal, Zato Ichi’s Vengeance, Enter Kyoshiro-The Swordsman, to name just a few. This collaboration between some of Japan’s biggest names in cinema is not to be missed!

a20791913895f81ae51c31_l.jpg

My Review:

OK I just finished watching this movie so now I gotta post my review. All I can say in one word was AWESOME! This was a great tribute to the LW&C movies. It had scenes reminiscing of all the previous movies but also it had its own spin on it. TAKAHASI Hieki was great as Ogami Itto, and WAKAYAMA Tomisaburo was excellent as Yagyu Retsudo, to see him play his own Enemy from the series was Magnificent! This should have been made into a new TV series instead of just a stand alone movie. And if any movie needed to have a remastered print to it this is it. Every fan of this series needs to add this to there collection.

You can get this film from Merlin over@ SamuraiDVD.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is indeed a fantastic movie. Tomisaburo Wakayama is superb as Retsudo, and although I don't agree with the statement above about Hideki Takahashi that says "his stunning swordsmanship is second to none!" (he's at least second to Wakayama for starters, then Chiba, then Sanada,...), he's without a doubt the second best Itto Ogami after Wakayama. Meiko Kaji also makes a great Torizo. Just a solid, thoroughly enjoyable version of the manga.

I don't agree with the statement above about Hideki Takahashi that says "his stunning swordsmanship is second to none!"

@chanbara: Yeah I agree with you on that point, but you know in every movie they say this Guy is the best etc, etc but to my Wakayama was the best with a sword hands down.

Archived