FAST SWORD Joy Sales DVD...a pleasant surprise

Killer Meteor

It's proper NTSC and looks so far better than the German dvd with no weird blurry splices.

That said, since its a very old video master, it didn't look much better then the PAL-NTSC Lady Whirlwind, but what the heck!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no it's not proper NTSC and it's als stuttering badly in some scenes due to horrid PAL-NTSC Conversion. i had a great French Print which was much better, but sadly cropped to hell. German DVD is exact the same as the Joy Sales DVD except it's stuttering a bit less.

no it's not proper NTSC and it's als stuttering badly in some scenes due to horrid PAL-NTSC Conversion. i had a great French Print which was much better, but sadly cropped to hell. German DVD is exact the same as the Joy Sales DVD except it's stuttering a bit less.

Hmm,, i thought the stuttering was worse on the German. The chroma bleeding was horrible on both, which ruins the dark scenes.

Wasn't there a Crash CInema disc at some point?

Movie should run 87 in proper 23.976fps, Joy Sales is 84 PAL.

i like the German Disc a tad more because it's not interlaced unlike the Joy Sales. the Rest is basically the same worthless Trash. it's one of the worst DVDs Joy Sales put out, together with UNDERGROUND EXPRESS, which is basically unwatchable due to massive frame loss for the whole friggin' movie's runtime. like watching some 1998 youtube video.

yes there was a horrible Crash DVD. the less said, the better...

Dunno on what kind of equipment you lot watched this, but anyway: on a high grade player the Joy Sales looks a lot better than the German one. Period!

And just as a warning to any German speakers who might have reservations about subbed prints and consider shelling out for domestic product – the German dub takes ridiculous liberties and s.t. veers off far from the original audio. I remember watching FAST SWORD in German for about 45 minutes harbouring death wishes for the mo’fuckers responsible for this idiocy!

Take it or leave it, but the Joy Sales is simply the only option to see this film right now.

Archived