Ridley Tsui Showreel Movie Identification

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

In my opinion definitely one of the most underrated stuntmen and action directors on the HK movie scene since the 90s, I stumbled across this showreel of him on youtube.

Mixing clips from either movies he's starred or worked on along with newer footage of him working on some more recent productions, I was wondering if anyone could help ID the movies that are in this clip.

There's a lot of great vehicle based stunt work and some awesome falls in there, I'm curious to know what they're from. I spotted 'Tiger Cage', 'Tiger Cage 3', and 'Fatal Termination' in there, but the rest I'm unsure of (even the Sammo clip - hangs head in shame). Any help would be appreciated!

Feel free to share your own thought on Tsui as well...

8T3yTs6sEro

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reel Power Stunts
, I'm curious to know what they're from. I spotted 'Tiger Cage', 'Tiger Cage 3', and 'Fatal Termination' in there, but the rest I'm unsure of (even the Sammo clip - hangs head in shame). Any help would be appreciated!

Sammo film is "Panthose Hero". Some of his other performer work on the reel are "Angel's Mission", "Angel enforcers" "God of Gamblers 2" and "Final Run".

Thanks for posting this. Ridley is underrated in my opinion, a great stuntman and choreographer, he deserves to get work in Hollywood but im sure the unions would stop him doing his best stuff!

In the movie WHO'S THE CROOK you can see Ridley performing some really hard falls.

Check the trailer (especially the scenes from 4:08min)

Rough stuff!!!

One Armed Boxer
In the movie WHO'S THE CROOK you can see Ridley performing some really hard falls.

Check the trailer (especially the scenes from 4:08min)

Rough stuff!!!

Agreed!....unfortunately I found pretty much everything in the 4:07 minutes that came before it to be unbearably bad!:tongue:

I've got to check out some of those films, both those he did actual stunt work in and those he directed. I've only ever seen this guy in 2 films and they're both Sammo movies: Pantyhose Hero and Slickers vs Killers. He plays an excellent psycho in both.:tongue:

One Armed Boxer
I've only ever seen this guy in 2 films

Then you definitely need to check out 'Tiger Cage 3'!

Ridley Tsui has a great fight against Cheung Kwok Leung on a skyscraper rooftop for the movies finale which is painful to watch. It's interesting that in the year it's been since I first watched all three Tiger Cage movies, it's actually the third that I've re-watched the most.

I enjoyed the third one too....i even like the film despite my cropped german DVD....now talking about that flick i think i need to update....how is the quality of the remastered Fortune Star DVD? Is there a Blu Ray?

The fight with John Cheung on the scaffolding is nice too!

One Armed Boxer
I enjoyed the third one too....i even like the film despite my cropped german DVD....now talking about that flick i think i need to update....how is the quality of the remastered Fortune Star DVD?

This is the version I have, & while I'm no technical expert on DVD quality like some people on here, for me it was fine - good picture and sound quality and doesn't appear to be cropped.

Is there a Blu Ray?

No Blu Ray as far as I'm aware.

Many may not know this but Ridley Tsui appeared in the Mortal Kombat sequel playing Smoke and had one fight scene opposite Robin Shou's Liu Kang character in the beginning.

LAThC2Nyyhs

Archived