What is that one Classic still to this day you have not seen seen since your youth.

WhiteTiger1

My wait is about over, Canton Viper

I know I should have it but it has escaped me for some reason or another. I mean I traded for a copy but only got to watch 30 or 40 minutes of it before the picture went blue...And then the guy I traded with realized his copy was the same. He must of erased a section of the film or something, or at lease that's what he said. But anyway!

:cry:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Seven Samurai: I saw a bit of it on tv one time, but haven't seen it since. I will find it one of these days, just as I did with "Enter The Dragon".

A Touch of Zen --- actually started watching it about 10 yrs ago and just never finished it. I've still got the dvd around here somewhere.:tongue:

The Seven Samurai: I saw a bit of it on tv one time, but haven't seen it since. I will find it one of these days, just as I did with "Enter The Dragon".

Seven Samurai is my favorite movie of all time. First saw it when I was around 20 and lost track of the number of times I've seen it since.

One classic that I saw in my teens was when I rented a PD copy 'Fists of Fury'. It was my first Bruce Lee film and was grossed out by all that bloodletting. Made a copy of it, then erased it when CBS Fox put out a much better looking print that "thankfully" cut out much of the gore.

Haven't found that particular print since and after having learned of it's signifigance a few years later, have been kicking myself almost daily since... :ooh:

One classic that I saw in my teens was when I rented a PD copy 'Fists of Fury'. It was my first Bruce Lee film and was grossed out by all that bloodletting. Made a copy of it, then erased it when CBS Fox put out a much better looking print that "thankfully" cut out much of the gore.

Haven't found that particular print since and after having learned of it's signifigance a few years later, have been kicking myself almost daily since... :ooh:

Fist of Fury was also my first Bruce Lee film also and was actually my first MA film. The blood could get intense at times, especially for a ten-year old.

I love "The Seven Samurai", along with Ran (one of my all time favorites) & Rashomon (just re-ordered the Criterion Collection Blu-ray) are some of the movies I triple dipped on. :tongue:

On a side note, I was just going through my collection looking for "12 Animals", "Magic Of Spell", "Magic Warriors", "Kung Fu Wonderchild" & "A Heroic Fight" for the wife to watch and found a few movies that I haven't seen in ages...some I don't even remember:

The Devil's Assignment w/Polly Chen & Richard Kao

Rivals Of The Dragon w/Jeffrey Chan & Yuen Tak

Young Hero w/WJL

Ninja Massacre w/Lo lieh & Chen Sing

Revenge Of The Dragon w/ Alex Lou

Kung Fu Shadow w/Chia Ling

Shaolin Fist Fighter w/Elton Wong

Silver Hermit From Shaolin w/ Roc Tien

Shaolin Fox Conspiracy w/Roc Tien

Taichi Devil Dragons w/Chen Shao-Lung

Most are on VHS (Saturn Video).

I also found my copy of "Writing Kung Fu" under the title "Chinese Samson" (Eastern Heroes).

I love "The Seven Samurai", along with Ran (one of my all time favorites) & Rashomon (just re-ordered the Criterion Collection Blu-ray) are some of the movies I triple dipped on. :tongue:

On a side note, I was just going through my collection looking for "12 Animals", "Magic Of Spell", "Magic Warriors", "Kung Fu Wonderchild" & "A Heroic Fight" for the wife to watch and found a few movies that I haven't seen in ages...some I don't even remember:

The Devil's Assignment w/Polly Chen & Richard Kao

Rivals Of The Dragon w/Jeffrey Chan & Yuen Tak

Young Hero w/WJL

Ninja Massacre w/Lo lieh & Chen Sing

Revenge Of The Dragon w/ Alex Lou

Kung Fu Shadow w/Chia Ling

Shaolin Fist Fighter w/Elton Wong

Silver Hermit From Shaolin w/ Roc Tien

Shaolin Fox Conspiracy w/Roc Tien

Taichi Devil Dragons w/Chen Shao-Lung

Most are on VHS (Saturn Video).

I also found my copy of "Writing Kung Fu" under the title "Chinese Samson" (Eastern Heroes).

If these are from VHS I can up-grade a couple of them for you. If you have a trade list maybe we can do a trade or two.Thanks in advance.

:yociexp71:

If these are from VHS I can up-grade a couple of them for you. If you have a trade list maybe we can do a trade or two.Thanks in advance.

:yociexp71:

I know how to & have the equipment to do the upgrade it but I am in no rush to do so as I have other titles I plan on converting ahead of them.

Plus I too busy with the newborn, shopping for & preparing for the x-mas holiday & my next 2 trips to Asia (spring & fall 2013). I have the 3 "Ip Man" movies, "The Man From Nowhere" "Shaolin" & a host of others on Blu-ray & I have not even open the package yet. :squigglemouth:

Thanks for the offer.

OpiumKungFuCracker

The rest of the Lone Wolf movies/ Yojimbo/Sanjuro/throne of blood/most of Kurosawa filmography and Debbie does dallas....

The rest of the Lone Wolf movies/ Yojimbo/Sanjuro/throne of blood/most of Kurosawa filmography and Debbie does dallas....

LoL!

Actually, I think it was Dallas that did Debbie...Wrong equipment!

Love the Lone Wolf series.

I did watch Lantern Street for the first time in a long time. Also a very good classic.

:yociexp75:

I know how to & have the equipment to do the upgrade it but I am in no rush to do so as I have other titles I plan on converting ahead of them.

Plus I too busy with the newborn, shopping for & preparing for the x-mas holiday & my next 2 trips to Asia (spring & fall 2013). I have the 3 "Ip Man" movies, "The Man From Nowhere" "Shaolin" & a host of others on Blu-ray & I have not even open the package yet. :squigglemouth:

Thanks for the offer.

No Sweat!

I'm more of the old school junkie. I did like the Ip Man series and a few others. I guess I just have not watched enough of it as of yet to get into it.

Take care!

Archived