Which Classics would you like to see.Re-Done to today's advancement in film.

WhiteTiger1

Just interested in which films most would like to see re-made.

I for one would love to see a new take on The Five Deadly Venoms. And lets have Stephen Chow Direct and star in the film.:tongue:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say The House of Traps because the premise would be fun to play with and the traps really deliver too well in the original in my viewpoint.

I'd also say The 36th Chamber just because of the fun that could be had reinterpreting the training sequences and adding new ones to them. (But honestly, that film should never be touched!)

I may catch some flak for this one, but I feel "Seven Grandmasters" could be updated really well. Add some dramatic elements, utilize modern shapes and a bevy of styles, add a dramatic element and you could have a really good remake showcasing traditional kung fu.

In fact, I'll go as far as to say that I would like to see Yuen Woo Ping take a crack at it. The non-lazy Woo Ping from "True Legend," that is.

"Blade of Fury" too. The '93 version is superb, but, let's face it, the under-cranking almost ruins it. Again, focus on the weaponry, tighten the story and really showcase what the film aimed to do and we could have a modern weapons classic.

Finally, I would like to see Lau Kar Leung direct a "historical figure" figure film. Perhaps even updating his own "Challenge of the Masters" to incorporate more of the story of Wong Fei Hung.

Instead of trying to update classics, why aren`t people more concerned with creating new ones? I would never want to see any classic kung fu movie be "updated" for today`s audience. If they aren`t capable of watching the originals then they are just not the right people to see them in the first place. The only thing that might work is parody/spoof. For instance, the movie Balls of Fury... it was not a great film by any means but was a nice little spoof on Enter the Dragon.

Archived