The Package (2012) Steve Austin vs Dolph Lundgren!

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

If there was such a thing as a B-movie version of Isaac Florentine, it would probably be Jesse V. Johnson....the stuntman & Lau-Gar kung-fu expert turned director has made a few passable efforts in the past such as 'Pitt Fighter', which has a small role from Scott Adkins, 'The Last Sentinel' with Don 'The Dragon' Wilson, & 'Alien Agent' with Mark Dacscos. Now he's back with two of the Expendables, Steve Austin & Dolph Lundgren, for the movie 'The Package'.

This looks like it'll be another fun 90 minutes of action, even if the trailer shows nothing new, I never pass up the opportunity to watch a throw back to the 80's style of action movie....if it's done with zero signs of self awareness and pretentiousness, along with having Lundgren's name slapped on it, then all the more so.

A look at imdb confirms Darren Shahlavi & Jerry Trimble are also in the mix.

The movies stars Austin as a 'Transporter' type character who, if he delivers an unknown package to Lundgren, will have his debt ridden brother given a clean slate. Check out the trailer below, interestingly, Austin seems to be into pairing up with the action stars of yesteryear recently, as he also has 'Maximum Conviction' coming out soon were he's paired with Steven Seagal.

_SabAhpNb4Y

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably wait for this to hit a movie channel. I for one hope that Shahlavi gets to showcase a bit. That guy is underused in almost everything he's in and it's a shame. I'd much rather see him starring in B action films than Steve Austin.

• Administrator
I'll probably wait for this to hit a movie channel. I for one hope that Shahlavi gets to showcase a bit. That guy is underused in almost everything he's in and it's a shame. I'd much rather see him starring in B action films than Steve Austin.

I agree. Darren should get a chance to star in a film. He's an excellent martial artist and when he's not being asked to play big in Hong Kong movies, he's a good actor too.

Regarding THE PACKAGE- I want to see Dolph and Steve fight. Oh yes I do. :nerd:

Darren will also be appearing in the pilot for WB's new Arrow series next month.

This is a bit laughable, but Steve admits that this movie is the 1st where he has a love scene! LOL

I would love to see Dolph vs. Austin...Austin vs. Gary Daniels in HUNT TO KILL was the highlight of that film IMO. Would love to see these two kick each other's butts!

Guest scummings

Hi I was wondering if anyone new the song that Steve Austins wife puts on.

She puts a record on an old turntable and it is a piano playing

It is about 24 mins into the movie

Thanks

PS I thought this was a pretty good movie

Archived