Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars NG shots (video is working again)

Son Of A Gun

info: But the new Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars Japan Bluray out tomorrow

has the original japanese theatrical cut on it with lots of outtakes at the end credits.

Loads of NG shots / Outtakes from Winners and Sinners, My Lucky Stars and Twinkle Lucky Stars.

from Japan bluray.

see the famous flip and kick by Yuen Biao NG shot at - 4:32

HDaM3yfxWc4

-

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

Dick Wei breaks frame..... big no no!

Seriously, Yuen Biao's flip kick is one of my fave moves of all time...... it's art!

I'm surprised not to see any shots with Sammo messing up the tennis racket spins and catches!

Great video though. It really shows what goes into getting everything right.

I love the outtakes. Why isn't this included on any other releases besides that Japanese Blu-ray? I just don't get that. Ah, well. Thanks for posting that, SOAG.

But was annoying when they showed just clips from the films..... I was like "Stop wasting time on this. I want more NG!!" :tongue:

Seriously, Yuen Biao's flip kick is one of my fave moves of all time...... it's art!

I agree.

--

I love the outtakes. Why isn't this included on any other releases besides that Japanese Blu-ray? I just don't get that. Ah, well. Thanks for posting that, SOAG.

Oh, because they found a 35mm of the original Japanese theatrical cut of Twinkle Twinkle. That's how the film ended in Japan. A load of NG shots from all 3 films, then the end credits, I believe. I guess they hadn't found this print and got it cleaned up until recently?

It comes out tomorrow. I haven't seen it but I will ask my friend. I'll let ya'll know as soon as I find out.

I hear Police Story extended japan cut is coming soon too. Hopefully December. They found a 35mm print to restore.

They are releasing the Theatrical Japanese cuts of the first 3 Bruce Lee films on Blu ray too (English dubs) they must have found a lot in the vaults!...

OK, update:

My friend thinks Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars Japan theatrical print (Which was released today) is an upscale. No surprises there. :squigglemouth:

And he also said that "The Young Master" Japan Bluray he just recieved is awful. Something about it being the usual cut down export version but with a mixture of the old english dub and the new english dub on occasion. Why? I do not know. So yeah. That's that. :sad:

That's the worst thing you could have done. I hate that song. It's as annoying f*ck. :crossedlips:

And the beat and melody seem to have been stolen from Janet Jackson's "Nasty Boys" at times. :neutral:

Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars. It's the Japanese theatrical ending, I think. that's why the clip starts with the ending of Twinkle Twinkle and then the Twinkle Twinkle end credits sequence comes on after the NG shots. God bless those japanese. They thought their audiences should see NG shots from all 3 films at the end of the 3rd film. :D

It's not a bonus feature.

Also, I think Winners & Sinners (aka 5 Lucky Stars)/My Lucky Stars/Twinkle Lucky Stars come in a 3 pack box set.

Archived