New Book: The Death of Bruce Lee: A Clinical Investigation

sdog2006

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wink: thanks.

Interesting. But I don't think it will help shed much light on how he died. Because even if his medical history shows him to have had all these conditions (or whatever), that still doesn't prove that any of those killed him.

If this book goes into the steroid subject, it'll be a little interesting, but still not that interesting. Either way, I'd like to read it. IF it gets past the estate lawyers. :tongue:

Also, can we trust this "Registered Nurse" from 1973? Fuzzy, distorted memories. A few made up facts. But maybe not. Maybe he's been desperate to speak about what he knows since 1973. :neutral:

or is this just a Nurse that decided to do some snooping around old files and stuff and wasn't actually around in 1973?

He wasn't around in 1973 and this is just his analytical viewpoint as a nurse lol. He has one other writing credit which confirms he likes talking exclusively about snuffing it.

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Afterlife-Philippine-Experience-ebook/dp/B008OD0D9I/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347539302&sr=1-1

His main source material for the Bruce Lee book is Unsettled Matters (a good book) but what else is he capable of turning over?

Nothing!

Bleeker is also starting to annoy me. You had your 15 minutes and produced decent material but move on to something new or tell us something we don't already know. Stop discussing old stuff and patting yourself on the back.

I think it's a disgrace that this new bloke managed to get this book published.

If this book goes into the steroid subject, it'll be a little interesting, but still not that interesting. Either way, I'd like to read it. IF it gets past the estate lawyers.

SOAG, there's nothing interesting in regards to the "steroid subject" with Bruce Lee; he took them.. Cortizone is the substance he used. It's a steroid. His physician from the U.S. prescribed it for his back, he used and more importantly abused this product right up until he died. Originally prescribed for his back, he injected the substance-usually with soft tissue injuries like muscle pulls and strains. Lo Wei spoke of witnessing Lee self-administering on the set of TBB and FOF.

More importantly, a doctor today would never give a patient this drug to self administer over an extensive period due to how it would affect one's adrenal glands. Medicine is far more advanced and this was done with the trust Lee would follow Dr.'s instructions. Personally, I believe Bruce Lee was an hypochondriac, and acutely susceptible to being a substance abuser as a result.

Dragon. I know this. I have cortisone injections myself. But I'm talking ''anabolic steroids''.

But it is interesting to know whether Bleeker mistook the word "Steroid" in Bruce's doctor notes to mean "anabolic steroids". OR has this doubt been cleared up already?

He wasn't around in 1973 and this is just his analytical viewpoint as a nurse lol. He has one other writing credit which confirms he likes talking exclusively about snuffing it.

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Afterlife-Philippine-Experience-ebook/dp/B008OD0D9I/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347539302&sr=1-1

His main source material for the Bruce Lee book is Unsettled Matters (a good book) but what else is he capable of turning over?

Nothing!

Bleeker is also starting to annoy me. You had your 15 minutes and produced decent material but move on to something new or tell us something we don't already know. Stop discussing old stuff and patting yourself on the back.

I think it's a disgrace that this new bloke managed to get this book published.

Thanks for the info. Where is Tom Bleeker still going on about his findings? On forums or something?

And I can't imagine this new book is gonna have anything that revealing in it. But if I can get a free copy, I'll give it a read. :tongue:

-

Dragon. I know this. I have cortisone injections myself. But I'm talking ''anabolic steroids''.

But it is interesting to know whether Bleeker mistook the word "Steroid" in Bruce's doctor notes to mean "anabolic steroids". OR has this doubt been cleared up already?

Thanks for the info. Where is Tom Bleeker still going on about his findings? On forums or something?

And I can't imagine this new book is gonna have anything that revealing in it. But if I can get a free copy, I'll give it a read. :tongue:

-

Bleeker conducted cringeworthy interviews on youtube and this new guy used him as a reference source.

He just comes across as a bit of a dick.

I saw the youtube interview years back but thought you meant he was still doing it. 'lol I guess he probably is still going on about somewhere, as we speak. :tongue:

And yeah, I know what you mean.

-

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid

It is easy to see, in retrospect, given his individual physical circumstances, (particularly after Bleecker's initmate disclosures) how Bruce Lee could have been drawn to active agents and affects of these products.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid

It is easy to see, in retrospect, given his individual physical circumstances, (particularly after Bleecker's initmate disclosures) how Bruce Lee could have been drawn to active agents and affects of these products.

Yes, I know about anabolic steroids. I'm into bodybuilding. But you seem to have misunderstood. You first said that it was just a "steroid" he was taking for pain relief. Then I told you that it's not the same as an "anabolic steroid" used for muscle building and stamina. 2 different things. Now you're agreeing with me or......? I'm confused here. :tongue:

So yeah...what I'm wondering is if Bleeker made the same mistake and just assumed "Steroid" meant "Muscle building steroids". OR if he actually found proof of ''Anabolic'' steroids being used.

Well I am simply stating that Cortizone is a steroid and it's obvious if a person irresponsibly throws the term anabolic in within the context, the flags to up. In that respect, I for believe his intent was for harm, or to discredit. That's not mine.. Clarification is my aim.

Now, I'm not certain if Cortizone is anabolic? However, a steroid is a steroid, and that link gives a good deal of info on their enhancements was well was degenerative qualities.

PS, I know nothing about steroids and to a layman if one threw the usage of steroids to a layman, you'd probably garner more attention because of what the substance is attributed with; muscles, bodybuiding, doping, cheating, etc. At least in today's media conscience.

I see.

OK, that's fair enough. And now you know. :wink: Anabolic steroids are for bodybuilding. There are quite a few uses for quite a few different types of ''steroids''.

But "Anabolics" are the only ones used for rapid muscle size gain. I hope someone has actually asked Tom Bleeker if he knew what he was talking about when he wrote that part of his book, or if he too, like you, just thought "steroid" meant "Bodybuilding", after seeing the word printed on Bruce's medical notes.

:xd:

By the way, I don't wish to carry on this discussion cause it's been done to death and I'm sure no one else wants to see it started up again. :tongue: Just thought I'd point out the mistake, that's all.

Just an update:

I asked Tom (through a friend) if he may have mistaken "steroid" (cortisone) for meaning "Anabolic" steroid on his medical notes. I feel like a right wally now. :tongue: He assured me he knew what the difference is and thought he made that clear in the UM book. Which he did, but I forgot, since I haven't read it in years! oops. He said he knows who introduced Bruce to them and who was supplying and when he was on the cycle and off the cycle, because of the photo evidence showing his different looking body state.

So yeah. That's that. :tongue: I really need to read the book again.

Archived