Information on the identity of an old kung fu film

Rogarh

Hello! When me and my brother were kids we watched a whole batch of kung fu films (which were later responsible for us getting bruises and bumps while play-acting some of their action moves). Though all were great, one stands in my memory. It was about this young kung fu master battling an older, evil rival. [The young master looked like he was in his thirties, the evil guy was noticeably older, with long white hair flowing below his shoulders and long white beard, too.] At the beginning of the film the young master was teaching kung fu to a young rich girl who hated his tough-love methods. This brat girl was constantly looking for ways to outfox him with the help of a dim-witted male valet, but they were both always defeated by the young master; they usually ended with groans of pain because he always managed to beat them. Anyway eventually the old evil guy shows up and has a very serious confrontation with the young master, who nearly is defeated and almost dies, when at the last minute his former protegé shows up (the rich, brat girl) and helps him defeat the old guy. I remember the very last scene is when the old guy leaps in the air and is kicked at the same time on both sides of his body; one side by the young master, the other by the girl. And the movie ends there, whereas you assume they killed him. I remember the old guy was battling his younger nemesis because, if I recall correctly, he sponsored a special kung fu technique, while the younger one had developed another one which supposedly thereatened the older guy's hegemony.

Does anybody have an idea which movie could this be? I have searched on the web for a long time but have been unable to find anything. From the look of the film it must have been filmed in the 70s, but I may be mistaken on that.

Thank you!

Rogarh, from Honduras.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Leg Fighters. Classic film! This also goes by the name Invincible Kung Fu legs.

The girl is Hsia Kwan Li (aka Ha Kwong Li) and the Master is Tan Tao Liang (aka Derion Tam)

Wow! Thanks Monte Santo and Bigrogie, that IS the movie I´ve been searching literally for years, amazing! Couldn´t help keep grinning as I watch it, to be sure. And I can see why we fought as kids, as we tried to emulate those moves; though we never came close to being so good! Excellent feedback from you guys, I am forever in your debt.

Thank you!!!!!

Rogarh

Archived