Do you think TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN is Chang Cheh's SHOWDOWN AT THE COTTON MILL?

Omni Dragon

Do you think TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN is Chang Cheh's SHOWDOWN AT THE COTTON MILL? because it seems Chang Cheh was meant to make SHOWDOWN AT THE COTTON MILL as a squeal to SHAOLIN AVENGERS & before Wu Ma took over.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor

I'm not sure about sequels but note that both films feature Hu Huei Chen and Tong Chi Chin. In Showdown, it is Hu (Chi Kuan Chun) who is tricked into being attacked whilst he is uprooting a tree, whilst in Two Champions, it is Tong (Lo Meng)

Was a Cantonese soundtrack ever made for this film? It seems odd to have only Mandarin for a film released in 1980 - perhaps Shaws only started them shortly after? Perhaps the trend started at a particular film? I'm assuming Cantonese soundtracks for titles such as '36th Chamber of Shaolin' were produced sometime after what I think was a Mandarin release in 1978?

Killer Meteor

A lot of Chang Cheh's films at Shaws were Mandarin only into the 1980s, as were the Chor Yuen wu xias.

Archived