Golden Needles?

greenbamboo

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reviews please. thanks.

54442.jpg

One of the original scripts by WB sent to Bruce Lee as he wrapped ETD. Originally to star either he and Lazenby, or another Caucasian actor. In other words another team-up film. If Lee had starred, there would obviously had been more Kung Fu action. Directed by Bob Clouse, the film flopped terribly.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/256969/message/1344527008/The+Shrine+of+Ultimate+Bliss+Query

Killer Meteor

This obsession on ensuring seemingly every US martial art flick was directed by Bob Clouse was a bit foolhardy: imagine if Andy Milligan or Ed Wood had directed Enter The Dragon!

This obsession on ensuring seemingly every US martial art flick was directed by Bob Clouse was a bit foolhardy: imagine if Andy Milligan or Ed Wood had directed Enter The Dragon!

IIRC, Milligan almost did direct a martial arts film...

ShaOW!linDude
imagine if.....Ed Wood had directed Enter The Dragon!

Ingenious!!!! An instant classic! Dialogue made up on the fly; one-take fight sequences of in-the-moment choreography; cashmere kung fu clothes; Bela Lugosi starring as the evil Dr. Fu Manchu with a Hungarian accent! I'd've loved to seen that!:tongue:

reviews please. thanks.

Here is a quick review I wrote on Netflix:

Decent adventure with Joe Don Baker as Dan Mason, a hard-living ex-pat living in Hong Kong that knows his way around the city better than any guilao there. Hired to find a guide to the perfect acupuncture method, he runs afoul of a gang of locals that are after the same thing. Big names from Hong Kong cinema pepper the cast, like Roy Chiao, Richard Ng and Lee Ka-Ting. Almost feels like a parallel story to Enter the Dragon, but without the overwhelming presence of Bruce Lee. Jim Kelly has a relatively small role as a friend of Masons that provides some muscle when the plot moves to Los Angeles.

Here is a quick review I wrote on Netflix:

Decent adventure with Joe Don Baker as Dan Mason, a hard-living ex-pat living in Hong Kong that knows his way around the city better than any guilao there. Hired to find a guide to the perfect acupuncture method, he runs afoul of a gang of locals that are after the same thing. Big names from Hong Kong cinema pepper the cast, like Roy Chiao, Richard Ng and Lee Ka-Ting. Almost feels like a parallel story to Enter the Dragon, but without the overwhelming presence of Bruce Lee. Jim Kelly has a relatively small role as a friend of Masons that provides some muscle when the plot moves to Los Angeles.

Thanks, Gaijin. What role did you anticipate Lee was to have? The Baker role? and which would have been Lazenby? I saw this film when I was a kid, and it was quite forgettable.

Archived