Favorite Moon Lee & Yukari Oshima Movie?

One Armed Boxer

What's your favorite movie with Moon Lee & Yukari Oshima?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite movie with Moon Lee & Yukari Oshima?

• Angel Terminators 2 (1993)
    • Avenginq Quartet (1993)
    • Beauty Investigator (1992)
    • The Big Deal (1992)
    • Kickboxer's Tears (1992)
    • Mission of Justice (1992)
    • Yes Madam '92: A Serious Shock (1992)
    • Dreaming the Reality (1991)
    • Iron Angels (1986)

'Dreaming the Reality' is on the poll, it's the second choice from the bottom after 'Iron Angels'.

I recently watched 'Angel Terminators 1 & 2', the second one was great. Yukari Oshima is just a ball of rage throughout, and it ends with some great gun-fu, much lower budget than anything John Woo ever did, but it's got that certain charm to it that a lot of these movies had. The original actually didn't do that much for me, in my opinion Nishikawa (not 'Nishiwaki') didn't get to do very much at all, which I think is representative of most of her performances, I think she was mostly muscle more than any actual screen fighting skill. Kara Hui didn't do a whole lot either, it was just one of those movies that didn't meet the expectations I went into it with I guess.

Now how could I have missed seeing Dreaming the Reality in the poll? :squigglemouth: For me, that's the best film either Moon or Osh appeared in, together or seperately.

Sorry to hear you didn't care for Angel Terminators 1. I loved it and thought Yeung Pan Pan was incredible in it (as were all the numerous fights and stunts). Agree Michiko Nishiwaki (all references I've seen have her name ending in an i and not an a). didn't do much other than inject Yeung with a nasty needle and cut her own pinkie off. Also wished Hui Ying Hung hadn't disappeared from the middle section, but was impressed with what she did do.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TibetanWhiteCrane

• 66 Mantis

• the moose

• One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer
Agree Michiko Nishiwaki (all references I've seen have her name ending in an i and not an a). didn't do much other than inject Yeung with a nasty needle and cut her own pinkie off

Now that you've pointed it out yeah you're right, her name gets spelt as both 'Nishikawa' and 'Nishiwaki'....it's weird for Japanese names to have two variations, it's pretty much a phonetic language. On all my DVD's which have her in, it's spelt 'Nishikawa'.

Sorry to hear you didn't care for Angel Terminators 1. I loved it and thought Yeung Pan Pan was incredible in it (as were all the numerous fights and stunts).

Yeah she was pretty good, I think it's the first time I've seen her in a movie in which she's front and center. Has anyone here seen the modern day actioner in which she stars called 'Way of the Lady Boxers'? I've noticed Jamal has a version of it, and it's co-starring Sibelle Hu, Carter Wong (in a modern day actioner!:tongue:), Robert Mak, & Jeff Falcon....sounds like a good kung-fu combination!

Killer Angels: She has a nice song and dance performance and overall it's not the most action packed but it's a good movie.

Final Run: She had a good fight with Ridley Tsui and the endfight with all the main cast is awesome!

Burning Ambition: Yukari has a smaller role here and Frankie Chan is the main lead. But I love this movie for it's dark storyline with rival families.

Two movies that Yukari appeared in that I like better than any of the ones in the poll are, Dreaming the Reality

Anyone know the DVD availability of these movies....has there ever even been a release of them?

One Armed Boxer:

Killer Angels: I first tracked it down on hk vcd. I than got a dvdr of the movie under the title ultraforce which was eng dubbed and dvd quality. That's probably the best version to track down of this movie. I later got the original german dvd which looked exactly like the ultraforce print but just more badly cut and only in german! I only kept it cos I'm a Moon Lee fan!

Final Run: I know it's been released on laserdisc but I don't have that. That would probably be the best version to track down. I have it on vcd and a dvdr which has a eng dub version I assume from video.

Burning Ambition: I think it was also released on laserdisc but I don't have it. Again go for that version. I have the hk vcd and a dvdr with a subbed video print. Very similar to the vcd only brighter.

Dreaming the Reality: The only version I have is the original Eastern Heroes video release. I don't know of any other release.

Dvds are very hard to find for these movies as I don't think many were ever released for them. Best way would be to check with other trading members here for dvdrs of them. Quality would probably vary depending on the source it is from.