Favorite Moon Lee & Yukari Oshima Movie?

One Armed Boxer

What's your favorite movie with Moon Lee & Yukari Oshima?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite movie with Moon Lee & Yukari Oshima?

• Angel Terminators 2 (1993)
    • Avenginq Quartet (1993)
    • Beauty Investigator (1992)
    • The Big Deal (1992)
    • Kickboxer's Tears (1992)
    • Mission of Justice (1992)
    • Yes Madam '92: A Serious Shock (1992)
    • Dreaming the Reality (1991)
    • Iron Angels (1986)

One Armed Boxer

I've been on a bit of a kick lately with movies that star both of these femme fatales, from the late 80's and early 90's if a movie had Moon Lee & Yukari Oshima in it, you were pretty much guaranteed some great action.

So my question is, of the 9 movies they were both in together, which one is your favorite & why? I'll go for 'Iron Angels', Oshima just made such a great impression as the villain of the piece, she was ruthless, and so was the final fight between her & Lee, so intense!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TibetanWhiteCrane

• 66 Mantis

• the moose

• One Armed Boxer

Of course i voted Iron Angels. But i must mention Beauty Investigator and Angel terminators 2 are classics. and this is the best fight I ever saw Moon do

(although the title says 'end fight' it is NOT the end fight of the movie)

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, Moon VS Yuen Tak is a hall of famer!

I never liked Beauty Investigator, maybe cuz of the shitty Tai Seng version I saw, but it just didn't do it for me. Think I actually started fast forwarding around the one hour mark...

For overall film, I voted Angel Terminators 2.

Iron Angels is awfully slow in spots, BUT it does have the best and most intense end fight of the group and nothing that The Osh has done comes close to matching her villianous turn in that film. What an amazing ball buster she was! And is it me or did she seem to REALLY savor the role?

I never liked Beauty Investigator, maybe cuz of the shitty Tai Seng version I saw, but it just didn't do it for me. Think I actually started fast forwarding around the one hour mark...

Yeh I have the Tai Seng version. The sound is really low and the picture keeps flickering between black and white and colour in the last 30mins or so. - But I quite enjoyed the film.

Yeh the fight is as good for his performance as for moon lee's. The fight was choreographed by stanley tong i think. But Yuen tak is a great choreographer in his own right (fong sai yuk movies with jet li) and probably had some imput into that fight with moon.

For overall film, I voted Angel Terminators 2.

Iron Angels is awfully slow in spots, BUT it does have the best and most intense end fight of the group and nothing that The Osh has done comes close to matching her villianous turn in that film. What an amazing ball buster she was! And is it me or did she seem to REALLY savor the role?

Well ya know. The Japanese are known for being brutal. I have seen interviews with the Osh though and she seems really nice and sweet.

Well ya know. The Japanese are known for being brutal. I have seen interviews with the Osh though and she seems really nice and sweet.

Oh yeah, I saw the interviews too, including a brief one where she speaks in English. She comes off as very classy and charming in each of them.

I guess I'd vote for Angel, yes that one had the best Moon Lee vs Yukari Oshima fight scene at the end! I hope Mei Ah can one day release Angel 2 & 3 on DVD as well, those are looooong overdue

Jeru the Damaja

So which movies of Yukari and Moon's are must owns? Not just the movies they were in together, but all of their movies from the girls with guns era. Feel free to add any other suggestions from this era that don't involve Yukari and Moon as well, i.e. Cynthia Khan, Michiko Nishiwaki, Joyce Godenzi, etc.

out of the ones that I have seen I would have to vote for Iron Angels mainly because of the awesome finale. having said that the rest of the movie was largely forgettable.

Jeru, off the top of my head the must haves I would recommend New Kids in Town A.K.A. New Killers in Town with Moon Lee And Outlaw Brothers with Yukari Oshima. I should say I still have lots to catch up on on both actresses and while I really, really like both, I haven't loved many of their films (that I have seen) as a whole as a thrilling action/martial arts movie. Some good action here and there but not enough and maybe seeing some of them in original language may change my opinion. will have to think about the other actresses...

of their solo movies, I was never big on their team-ups

My fave Oshima flik is undoubtedly Outlaw Brothers, although I really enjoyed Final Run too

As for Lee it has to be Tsui Siu Ming's Bury Me High, followed closely by Revenge of Angel (her best fighting??)

TibetanWhiteCrane

Angel

Angel 2

Angel Force

Angel Terminators 2

Killer Angels

Kickboxer's Tears

Mission Of Justice

Outlaw Brothers

She Shoots Straight

Yes, Madam

Royal Warriors

ITLOD 3- Force Of The Dragon

ITLOD 4- Witness

So which movies of Yukari and Moon's are must owns? Not just the movies they were in together, but all of their movies from the girls with guns era. Feel free to add any other suggestions from this era that don't involve Yukari and Moon as well, i.e. Cynthia Khan, Michiko Nishiwaki, Joyce Godenzi, etc.

Two movies that Yukari appeared in that I like better than any of the ones in the poll are, Dreaming the Reality (w/Moon Lee and Sibelle Hu) and That's Money (w/Hui Ying Hung). My favorite of Moon Lee's solo pics is Killer Angels.

I'd also very highly recommend Angel Terminators (Yeung Pan Pan and Hui Ying Hung w/Michiko Nishiwaki as guest villainess) and Angel Terminators 2 (Moon, Yukari and Sibelle Hu).

You can't go wrong with any of these.

I never seen any of these movies, the fights I've seen on youtube are brutal. I've always been more into period pieces, are the movies any good when they're not kicking the crap out of each other?

I never seen any of these movies, the fights I've seen on youtube are brutal. I've always been more into period pieces, are the movies any good when they're not kicking the crap out of each other?

Most are crime/action flix. I find them very entertaining.

One Armed Boxer
Two movies that Yukari appeared in that I like better than any of the ones in the poll are, Dreaming the Reality (w/Moon Lee and Sibelle Hu) and That's Money (w/Hui Ying Hung). My favorite of Moon Lee's solo pics is Killer Angels.

I'd also very highly recommend Angel Terminators (Yeung Pan Pan and Hui Ying Hung w/Michiko Nishiwaki as guest villainess) and Angel Terminators 2 (Moon, Yukari and Sibelle Hu).

You can't go wrong with any of these.

'Dreaming the Reality' is on the poll, it's the second choice from the bottom after 'Iron Angels'.

I recently watched 'Angel Terminators 1 & 2', the second one was great. Yukari Oshima is just a ball of rage throughout, and it ends with some great gun-fu, much lower budget than anything John Woo ever did, but it's got that certain charm to it that a lot of these movies had. The original actually didn't do that much for me, in my opinion Nishikawa (not 'Nishiwaki') didn't get to do very much at all, which I think is representative of most of her performances, I think she was mostly muscle more than any actual screen fighting skill. Kara Hui didn't do a whole lot either, it was just one of those movies that didn't meet the expectations I went into it with I guess.

They're pretty much modern bashers. Some of them can be a mixed bag. Comedy and melodrama. Moon and the girls never disappoint. Nice mix of guns and empty hand stuff.

of their solo movies, I was never big on their team-ups

My fave Oshima flik is undoubtedly Outlaw Brothers, although I really enjoyed Final Run too

As for Lee it has to be Tsui Siu Ming's Bury Me High, followed closely by Revenge of Angel (her best fighting??)

My fave Yukari solo movie would be "Book Of Heroes".

Moon Lee

Killer Angels: She has a nice song and dance performance and overall it's not the most action packed but it's a good movie.

Angel part 1 to 3: Highly recommended especially for the fights.

Revenge of Angel: Haven't watched this in a while but I remember it being a good movie.

A Serious Shock! Yes Madam!: Yukari is here too but this is mainly to see Moon Lee as a villain and she's pretty brutal here!

Yukari Oshima

Outlaw Brothers: Good comedy and a action packed movie. Yukari vs Jeff Falcon when she does her Bruce impersonation was cool!

Final Run: She had a good fight with Ridley Tsui and the endfight with all the main cast is awesome!

Book of Heroes: It has my fav fight when Yukari is trying to impress Kurata in his house. She takes on all his henchmen and looks badass here!

Burning Ambition: Yukari has a smaller role here and Frankie Chan is the main lead. But I love this movie for it's dark storyline with rival families.

Spiritually a Cop: While I don't remember much about this movie I do recall Yukari having a pretty good fight with Elaine Lui in an abandoned apartment.

Both of them together I really like Dreaming the Reality, Kickboxers Tears and Angel Terminators 2.