Project A custom dvd cover (for custom dvd)

Son Of A Gun

I know some of you downloaded my Project A custom dvd a while back.

Here is a cover I made for it recently ......download and print out if you so desire.

abyxrYtz.jpg

It's Hi-Res once saved.

:wink:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it, i would rather see covers like that, than the usual crap companys put out.

maybe one day the powers that be, will ask someone like yourself how to go about releasing a quality dvd.

keep up the good work.

It is my first cover and a tad rushed. I think I can do better next time...but thank you. I'm glad. :)

It is more like the covers I like to own. Oldschool artwork. Although this one was a bit more brightly coloured than I would have liked. :xd: Would have preferred a white back ground. But I couldn't be bothered to change it.

TibetanWhiteCrane

That's a kickass cover, dude... love the retro style. Hate about EVERY new cover from the pro labels.... no soul, no reverence!

Why thank you, Mr Crane. :wink:

I am a big fan of original artwork of the era too. Some new generation covers are pretty cool, such as A Chinese Ghost Story (certain releases) and some other titles from IVL/Joy sales like Once Upon a Time in China boxset...... but the majority suck yeah.

Guest Markgway
Although this one was a bit more brightly coloured than I would have liked. :xd: Would have preferred a white back ground. But I couldn't be bothered to change it.

I would've used this artwork... (just saying...) :tongue:

GH121O03.jpg

That was an option too, yes. But not my fave. I may make one with this art too. But Jackie's face looks like he's had a stroke. And I prefer original chinese artwork (most of the time) But yeah, just yesterday I was thinking of turning this art into a optional cover.

Was gonna use the image from the VHS cover though, because it's flipped and looks more correct. I don't know for sure which way 'round the correct way is for this art, but Jackie looks more like Jackie when it's flipped, like on the VPD cover.

I'd use the the title text style from this poster though. :wink:

P.S - I just put a revised version of the cover in the my first post. It would seem I made 3 very silly spelling mistakes before. :tongue:

corrected now.

Guest Markgway
P.S - I just put a revised version of the cover in the my first post. It would seem I made 3 very silly spelling mistakes before. :tongue:

corrected now.

In the first line it should be 'Jackie's' not 'Jackies'.

And I prefer original chinese artwork (most of the time)

I'm the opposite, I prefer the export artwork (Chinese poster art is too cartoonish for my taste, makes them look like children's films).

In the first line it should be 'Jackie's' not 'Jackies'.

I'm the opposite, I prefer the export artwork (Chinese poster art is too cartoonish for my taste, makes them look like children's films).

Damn it. Well that punctuation error is staying. :tongue:

and about chinese artwork...... You what?! :ooh: Leave my house this instant!

I love the caricatures. They are comedies after all. But without getting too deep about it.

If it's the style of poster art that was out when the films were released, then that's why I like it, I guess. I dig the era and the look of the era.

But if a drama film had that caricature style art, then I'd probably not be so keen on it. :D

I think the cover is great. The forum should have a sticky post for custom DVD covers. You can download lots at Shaolin Chamber 36 site.

Thanks Dave. :wink:

And if you mean the Golden Swallow covers..... already downloaded them. :wink:

I actually like the more basic look of those covers. I don't want to make my covers too modern looking. I kinda like the bootleg cover look. Back in my day and probably your day too,...we had Laserdisc covers photocopied and cut to fit a VHS box. :D I like that look.

Keepin' it basic.

Archived