Who were the B listers of shaw bros?

ching li

I really liked Lee Hoi San in The Kung Fu Master and Magnificent Butcher, can someone recommend other movies LHS does his thing?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!! Havent seen that:bigsmile: Im kinda on one with Blisters, Id like to see more Wang Lung Wei and Fung Hak-On, recommendations are appreciated.

masterofoneinchpunch
I really liked Lee Hoi San in The Kung Fu Master and Magnificent Butcher, can someone recommend other movies LHS does his thing?

Some nice roles I enjoyed: Shaolin Prince (1983), Shaolin Intruders (1983), Last Hurrah for Chivalry (1979) -- The Dragon Dynasty OOP release has a nice interview with him as well as Fung Hak-on and of course The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (1978). I'm a fan too, so I'm always happy when he is in it.

Some nice roles I enjoyed: Shaolin Prince (1983), Shaolin Intruders (1983), Last Hurrah for Chivalry (1979) -- The Dragon Dynasty OOP release has a nice interview with him as well as Fung Hak-on and of course The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (1978). I'm a fan too, so I'm always happy when he is in it.

Thanks, I havent seen Shaolin Prince or Last Hurrah, Ill add those to the list :smile:

TibetanWhiteCrane

Lee Hoi San and Fung Hak On made a pretty cool double team of killers in Descendant Of Wing Chun.

Lee Hoi San and Fung Hak On made a pretty cool double team of killers in Descendant Of Wing Chun.

Thanks TWC!! Im pretty sure I have that one, but I have no recollection of the movie, Ill pop that one in tonite. How ya been? Are we gonna see more of your top 50 list soon??

TibetanWhiteCrane

Fine thanks, and yeah... im slowly working on it. Though I haven't had that much time to write. Plus im also doing screen caps for my future review site, so that eats a bit of spare time as well.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Thanks. You might have to wait for a while.... lost over 200 reviews when my pc broke down, so I had to start from scratch. Also, selecting 12 good screen caps from roughly 800 HK movies is a bit of a time stealer. But hey...... the site should hopefully be up before I hit retirement:smile:

TibetanWhiteCrane

Oh man, you have no idea. I was gutted for over a year, where I really didn't wanna do any writing at all. But I have now learnt to "cope with my loss" and just start from scratch.

masterofoneinchpunch
Oh man, you have no idea. I was gutted for over a year, where I really didn't wanna do any writing at all. But I have now learnt to "cope with my loss" and just start from scratch.

I'm so paranoid about that, so I post any review I have in at least two places (or more). I've lost too much in the past.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I had posted some on hkflix, but that site shut down like over night. Thankfully I was able to find the guy who ran it before it was taken over by others so I got like 50 or so back. But the bulk and the best ones was on my pc, and lost forever.

Yeah, I could post them online here and there, but I was kinda saving them for my own future site.

Never posted any reviews on here.

Though I have now learned to save it on a usb key with great regularity. Not making that mistake again.

Secret Executioner
Though I have now learned to save it on a usb key with great regularity. Not making that mistake again.

Be careful, a USB key isn't a very reliable support. But it's still better than no backup at all.

Archived