Dragon Dynasty to release Outlaw Brothers?

Killer Meteor

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pre-order artwork of Outlaw Brothers looks like a homemade composition of DD's Shaw Covers frame and the HKL cover....nevertheless a Blu Ray of OW would be nice...

One Armed Boxer

Dragon Dynasty presents via Celestial Pictures the Hong Kong Legends version of 'Outlaw Brothers'!?....strange indeed.

odioustrident

Is the cut just the chickens dropping or something more? Sorry if this has already been discussed a few times as I suspect it has.

Seeing Dragon Dynasty release *anything* else at this point is a miracle :tongue: Their last releases were the Flying Guillotine films, and that was last November.

Are they kidding? They’re re-booting the brand with OUTLAW BROTHERS and CHINESE ODYSSEY...? ? Wonderful films both, but rather cult interest picks that won’t appeal to more than a fraction of their former clientele. Gotta be a hoax, their website is as dead as its been for the last year and a half.

Originally Posted by OldPangYau

Seeing Dragon Dynasty release *anything* else at this point is a miracle Their last releases were the Flying Guillotine films, and that was last November.

FLYING GUILLOTINE along with their last batch of Shaws wasn't released by them, they were outsourced to ARC. I think DD's final releases came out in March last year.

Are they kidding? They’re re-booting the brand with OUTLAW BROTHERS and CHINESE ODYSSEY...? ? Wonderful films both, but rather cult interest picks that won’t appeal to more than a fraction of their former clientele. Gotta be a hoax, their website is as dead as its been for the last year and a half.

Originally Posted by OldPangYau

FLYING GUILLOTINE along with their last batch of Shaws wasn't released by them, they were outsourced to ARC. I think DD's final releases came out in March last year.

But they were still released with the Dragon Dynasty label.

I know that they(DD) had the rights to more Shaws that I would have loved to see them release. I can still dream...

They came with a DD logo, yes, but it was ARC Entertainment that released them. Those Shaw titles were never even mentioned on DD's site.

Killer Meteor

I know that they(DD) had the rights to more Shaws that I would have loved to see them release. I can still dream...

I'd love for a company like Mill Creek to finish off the shaws the way they've been doing triple Gamera and Daimajin packs.

^ This :tongue: I know they've jumped around, with Weinstein, Vivendi, Arc, etc. But once again, seeing the DD label on anything at all these days is a miracle... of course, the extras will continue to be non-existant.

It would be nice to see Dragon Dynasty turn things around and release quality releases like they did for so long. I miss the Bey Logan commentaries and all of the bonus interviews and whatnot. Bey Logan should have tried to take over :(

I miss the Bey Logan commentaries and all of the bonus interviews and whatnot. Bey Logan should have tried to take over :(

If only his company, Reel East, did DVD/blu-ray distribution :wink:

If only his company, Reel East, did DVD/blu-ray distribution :wink:

It would be nice lol - Bey Logan is a cool dude. He sent me an autographed copy of Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk a few years back. If he could start releasing old kung fu classics, not movies like Beach Spike and Shadowguard, I would snatch them up in a heartbeat.

Anyone pick up the Dragon Dynasty DVD release of A Chinese Odyssey? I've heard the English subtitles on the various Asian releases have been terrible. Wondering if DD managed to do better?

masterofoneinchpunch
Anyone pick up the Dragon Dynasty DVD release of A Chinese Odyssey? I've heard the English subtitles on the various Asian releases have been terrible. Wondering if DD managed to do better?

The English subtitles are horrible on the various Asian releases. I've been wondering that same thing. Too bad I have not been able to find this at FYE or Best Buy (which originally used to distribute DD, but does not seem to do it any longer). I will pick it up if I see it for sale, but I'm going to probably buy it from Amazon if I don't see it within the next couple of weeks.

Morgoth Bauglir

This made my day seeing this thread. Every time it seems like Dragon Dynasty won't have anymore releases, that's when I find out that new releases are coming.

Does anyone know if either of the new releases has any special features?

It must be me but what is exciting about releasing movies that are already easily available in several versions??? On the contrary, I find it boring and annoying to continuously see movies being re-re-released. Can't they release something that has not already been released already?? To me that would be exciting. I guess I'm missing something here because I just don't see the excitement.

It must be me but what is exciting about releasing movies that are already easily available in several versions??? On the contrary, I find it boring and annoying to continuously see movies being re-re-released. Can't they release something that has not already been released already?? To me that would be exciting. I guess I'm missing something here because I just don't see the excitement.

I think it's a case of these being US releases. I'm sure DD don't really think about their customers who order films from overseas and have access to a variety of different releases.

As embarrassed as I am to say it, I'd never even heard of "Outlaw Brothers" before now and so I am excited to go out and pick it up.

masterofoneinchpunch
I think it's a case of these being US releases. I'm sure DD don't really think about their customers who order films from overseas and have access to a variety of different releases.

As embarrassed as I am to say it, I'd never even heard of "Outlaw Brothers" before now and so I am excited to go out and pick it up.

Plus the fact that A Chinese Odyssey has not had good subs or even decent subs.

Also while having new releases out are a good thing, I would rather have Dragon Dynasty put out more Shaw Brothers films then another overly patriotic mainland/hk coproduction. But that just might be me.

Plus the fact that A Chinese Odyssey has not had good subs or even decent subs.

Also while having new releases out are a good thing, I would rather have Dragon Dynasty put out more Shaw Brothers films then another overly patriotic mainland/hk coproduction. But that just might be me.

I think the majority of fans feel this way, to be honest. they have the rights to a number of fantastic films.

Archived