SPL II: A Time For Consequences (aka Killzone 2) (2015) - Wu Jing, Tony Jaa

DiP

OpiumKungFuCracker

Is it me or Wu Jing needs to get back in shape? Why is he wearing sandals, he should put his track shoes on like now!!!!

Whatever happened to wu jing and Scott Adkins movie that was filming like last year? I figured he would have needed to be on top of his game to go toe to toe with Adkins

ShaOW!linDude
Whatever happened to wu jing and Scott Adkins movie that was filming like last year? I figured he would have needed to be on top of his game to go toe to toe with Adkins

Ah, you speak of War Wolf.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20327&highlight=jing

Nothing's been posted about this since October of last year. Maybe it's in post production...I hope.

So I'll wager this will be a different story than the one that was supposed to focus on Sammo's character?

Could be very interesting regardless.

Wow, color me stupid. I was so disappointed when I found out Pou Soi Cheang had been replaced with Terence Cheung. So--disappointed. My level of excitement had gone down until I found out that, uh, Terence Cheung is Pou Soi Cheang. :nerd:

Synopsis: A tough Hong Kong cop named Kit (Wu Jing) busts a major gangster (Max Zhang) only to find his cover blown and his main witness gone. The gangster, in retaliation, has him kidnapped and put in a Thai jail with a false criminal identity. A lowly prison guard Chai (Tony Jaa) with extraordinary fighting skills guards kit and prevents his escape from prison. The prison guard’s daughter suffers from a rare form of leukemia and Kit is the only donor who can save her. The prison guard discovers Kit’s real identity and helps him to escape in return for his agreeing to save his daughter. Together, Kit and Chai must face the gangster and his minions and take them down.

Source: http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.se/2014/05/exclusive-spl-2-gets-official.html

OpiumKungFuCracker
Synopsis: A tough Hong Kong cop named Kit (Wu Jing) busts a major gangster (Max Zhang) only to find his cover blown and his main witness gone. The gangster, in retaliation, has him kidnapped and put in a Thai jail with a false criminal identity. A lowly prison guard Chai (Tony Jaa) with extraordinary fighting skills guards kit and prevents his escape from prison. The prison guard’s daughter suffers from a rare form of leukemia and Kit is the only donor who can save her. The prison guard discovers Kit’s real identity and helps him to escape in return for his agreeing to save his daughter. Together, Kit and Chai must face the gangster and his minions and take them down.

Source: http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.se/2014/05/exclusive-spl-2-gets-official.html

So it's a buddy cop type of situation? Damn it, I was hoping for Wu Jing and Jaa to battle it out and make it as epic as the fights when Sammo vs Yen got into each other.

So it's a buddy cop type of situation? Damn it, I was hoping for Wu Jing and Jaa to battle it out and make it as epic as the fights when Sammo vs Yen got into each other.

Yeah, they probably should have cast Jaa as a silent killer, similar to Wu Jing's character in the first one. Put Wu Jing front-and-center and watch the fireworks. Can you imagine the speed?!

One Armed Boxer
Yeah, they probably should have cast Jaa as a silent killer, similar to Wu Jing's character in the first one. Put Wu Jing front-and-center and watch the fireworks. Can you imagine the speed?!

Because that worked so well with 'Fatal Contact' & 'Legendary Assassin'.:tongue:

I have no idea how this will come together with the language barrier unless Tony will be speaking english. Also if this is true prequel, are they saying that Wu Jing's psycho character in SPL was once a cop? I feel like this should just be a separate movie and they are just capitalizing on the name but I could be wrong. I enjoyed The Protector 2 so I may still enjoy this.

One Armed Boxer
I have no idea how this will come together with the language barrier unless Tony will be speaking english. Also if this is true prequel, are they saying that Wu Jing's psycho character in SPL was once a cop? I feel like this should just be a separate movie and they are just capitalizing on the name but I could be wrong. I enjoyed The Protector 2 so I may still enjoy this.

I believe the producers have already stated this is going to be a thematic sequel rather than a direct continuation / prequel, think the first 2 'Tiger Cage' movies. Simon Yam will however be reprising his role from the original.

Because that worked so well with 'Fatal Contact' & 'Legendary Assassin'.:tongue:

I guess what I meant was they should put his skirmishes with Jaa front-and-center. That's your selling point, and putting them on the same side lessens the effect of even having the two in the same movie,

They could easily get into a scrap or two given their roles, at least early on. Who knows though.

Well, if you guys read carefully the bit with the prison guard having extraordinary skills to prevent the undercover cop to escape, it's pretty easy to imagine that there will be a fight scene between Wu and Jaa somewhere between Wu making an escape attempt and helping Jaa's daughter.

Well, if you guys read carefully the bit with the prison guard having extraordinary skills to prevent the undercover cop to escape, it's pretty easy to imagine that there will be a fight scene between Wu and Jaa somewhere between Wu making an escape attempt and helping Jaa's daughter.

Yeah, that situation kind of lends itself to one.

Yeah, but it'll hardly be the focal point of the movie, I'm sure. And that's kind of a waste, I think.

I agree, but as with anything we'll just have to wait and see. Or at least until more info surfaces.

I agree, but as with anything we'll just have to wait and see. Or at least until more info surfaces.

Oh, for sure. Fight or no fight, these are some talented people, and I'm a fan of them all.

Oh, for sure. Fight or no fight, these are some talented people, and I'm a fan of them all.

I feel the same way. I'm looking forward to see what they come up with, and how they tie it to the first SPL.

Last I heard was that Sammo was going to return, not so sure now though. Donnie however is prepping for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2 this summer and Dragon City after that.

One Armed Boxer

Louis Koo is quickly becoming to the post 2010 era what Simon Yam was to the 1990's....is there any movie coming out of HK that doesn't have him in it!?