SPL II: A Time For Consequences (aka Killzone 2) (2015) - Wu Jing, Tony Jaa

DiP

One Armed Boxer

Yeah....I'm not sure how this would turn out though, considering both 'Flash Point' & 'Fatal Move' started life as prequels to 'SPL', but the concept got scrapped along the way, it kind of makes me think they couldn't put a good enough story or script together around it.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Prequel/Sequel I don't give a sh!t, you got 3 Goliath of Asian Action Cinema going heads on in one singular movie, I'm doing whatever I can to see it... The story could be about dog feces and I'd still see it...

The Silver Fox

Wu Jing is the youngest of the three at 38-Sammo and Donnie are getting pretty old. It will be kind of hard to pull off a believable prequel IMO. Sure they can bring it, but to make it at all plausible they would have to appear younger and in even better form than in the 2006 film.

Why don't they just make a new movie instead of trying to force a connection with SPL. With all the talent involved they could make an awesome flick. I'd like to see Wu Jing and Jaa square off-that would be interesting.

If it goes down, three things should be done:

- Bring back Wilson Yip to direct and the original writers for the script

- Cast Donnie in a different role unrelated to Ma Kwun

- Let Donnie handle the action choreography with major input by Sammo and Jaa

One Armed Boxer
True... just make a new flick with new story and characters. SPL is a standalone classic and should remain as such.

Agreed, if this is going to be a sequel, I can only imagine it being a sequel in the same way 'Tiger Cage 2' is a sequel to the original....same themes but different characters.

Don't forget the original title of 'Sha Po Lang' (before the ridiculous American re-title of 'Killzone') represents the names of three stars that when they come together will destroy each other...which the ending of the original one stuck to, be it either through death, family tragedy, or a terminal medical condition.

I'd be interested to see the spin on it in the sequel as I thought it was an interesting concept, 'Flash Point' was a much more straight forward thriller in terms of plot with no deeper meaning.

ShaOW!linDude

Don't forget the original title of 'Sha Po Lang' (before the ridiculous American re-title of 'Killzone') represents the names of three stars that when they come together will destroy each other...

Now, see, I did not know that. That's kind of cool. If they keep to that premise, then a sequel could work. I'd think they would have to give the film a more international set-up if Jaa is indeed included, a "fish out of water" feel. The original was such a nice "local cop takes on gangster" theme.

Paco Wong is busy at the moment working on the script for SPL 2 <殺破狼II>, and hopes to bring it into the Hong Kong and mainland market. The first installment, starring Donnie Yen, had been a success within Hong Kong but had unfortunately failed to enter mainland. The cast for SPL 2 is currently unannounced.

http://www.jaynestars.com/movies/ip-man-3-and-other-new-hong-kong-films-of-2013/

If it goes down, three things should be done:

- Bring back Wilson Yip to direct and the original writers for the script

- Cast Donnie in a different role unrelated to Ma Kwun

- Let Donnie handle the action choreography with major input by Sammo and Jaa

No way. Donnie Yen's character should get off the smashed car (a la Crank 2) and fight both police and triads due to conflicts established in the first film + amnesia. Only when Ti Lung appears and they sing a song about love and heartbreak does he remember who he is, and turn himself in to the penal system, setting up SPL 3 for some kind of Riki-Oh jailhouse shenanigans.

http://filmbizasia.com/

according to Filmbizasia, SPL 2 has been given the green light! apparently, it will be a thematic sequel.

So in other words, they are pulling off a "Tiger Cage"...Donnie was killed in Tiger Cage 1, but returned for Tiger Cage 2 in a different role.

It's official: Both Donnie and Tony Jaa (who is set to head to Hollywood for Fast & Furious 7) WON'T be starring in the movie but the former may consider a cameo/guest star role instead as a new character. The movie is now also being helmed by Soi Cheang (Dog Bite Dog, Accident, Motorway) with Wilson Yip onboard as producer and starring Sammo Hung, Wu Jing, Andy On, and Francis Ng.

As for Donnie, who just wrapped up Last of the Best, he announced that he's instead prepping for Dragon City later this year followed by Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon II in Spring next year.

Sources:

http://translate.google.se/translate?hl=sv&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.mtime.com%2F2013%2F09%2F11%2F1517775.html (Rough translation)

http://news.mtime.com/2013/09/11/1517775.html (Original)

Wu Jing is the youngest of the three at 38-Sammo and Donnie are getting pretty old. It will be kind of hard to pull off a believable prequel IMO. Sure they can bring it, but to make it at all plausible they would have to appear younger and in even better form than in the 2006 film.

Why don't they just make a new movie instead of trying to force a connection with SPL. With all the talent involved they could make an awesome flick. I'd like to see Wu Jing and Jaa square off-that would be interesting.

i would love to see Jaa square off with any of the three. Donnie, Sammo, or Wu. would be an instant must see

One Armed Boxer
So in other words, they are pulling off a "Tiger Cage"...Donnie was killed in Tiger Cage 1

Please tell me you didn't just spoil a movie that I've been wanting to see for over 10 years.:crossedlips:

masterofoneinchpunch
Please tell me you didn't just spoil a movie that I've been wanting to see for over 10 years.:crossedlips:

Oh crap, why did I click on this link :D. I have not seen Tiger Cage yet either.

Oh crap, why did I click on this link :D. I have not seen Tiger Cage yet either.

Well, I got it spoiled when I read it in Bey Logan's book, but I still watched it. In all fairness, he does provide the best fight scene of the movie before his death, taking on both Michael Woods and Stephen Berwick.

Chang Cheh desensitised the dying of mains for me. It would be good if the forum had some sort of way of covering for spoilers text so it was optional whether or not you read the spoiler for a certain film.

One Armed Boxer
Well, I got it spoiled when I read it in Bey Logan's book, but I still watched it. In all fairness, he does provide the best fight scene of the movie before his death, taking on both Michael Woods and Stephen Berwick.

I was just joking, if you check post 12 I actually made the same comment over a year ago in regards to 'SPL 2' being similar to the Tiger Cage series by linking the movies together thematically. I was just careful with my wording not to mention Donnie Yen's character getting killed off so as not to spoil things for those who haven't seen it yet.

As a general rule I'd steer clear of mentioning characters deaths in movies, especially those played by popular stars such as Donnie Yen, or at least put a spolier warning beforehand. While the intention is good, justifying that it's ok to spoil the movie for others because Bey Logan's book spoiled it for you isn't going to make anyone feel better who wanted to see it for the first time.