A Company Man (2012)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

This new Korean movie is up for release soon, and looks like it has a lot of potential. The story of a hitman who quits his job for a girl, only to find himself being hunted down by his former employers has shades of 'A Bittersweet Life', as does the trailer with a suit wearing So Ji-sub (the gangster from 'Rough Cut') looking smooth and dangerous, but what got my attention was some cool looking action scenes complimented by some very nice camera work. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the reviews once this hits the screens, check out the trailer below -

VYCqmTJ8E3U

ACompanyMan.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

The Korean DVD has been announced for January 29th... -

http://www.yesasia.com/global/a-company-man-dvd-2-disc-first-press-limited-edition-korea-version/1032244637-0-0-0-en/info.html

I was almost going to go for a blind buy based on the trailer, but looking around at the few English language reviews that have popped up, maybe I'll give it a miss...this one is fairly typical...a shame!

http://wftrok.com/2012/10/15/a-company-man-%ED%9A%8C%EC%82%AC%EC%9B%90-review/

ShaOW!linDude

Based on the review link you posted, it seems that the action is pretty good up until the end and then it just doesn't deliver on everything the film's built up to. Well, at least you found out before you just up and bought a disappointment.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Another great review!

I agreed with you on most everything, but I seemed to enjoy it more. Despite it's preposterous coincidence, I found the idea and execution of it to be charming.

I lent my Blu-ray of it to my son and I'm waiting to hear if he enjoys it. He's taken a real liking to Korean cinema, and I don't want to give him all the best ones up front and spoil him. :wink: So far OLDBOY and A BITTERSWEET LIFE seem to be his favorites.

I have reviewed A Company Man and apart from a few hand-to-hand fight scenes, it is quite commonplace with the usual dynamics for this type of film. However it entertains and is shot very well. He comes a few years before John Wick and it seems the same but with a smaller budget and fewer ideas.

Archived