What classic would you like to see remade?

Drunken Arts

Drunken Arts

I see the thread regarding what film you would like Remastered, but what film would you like to see being remade, im usually against remakes, but some do a good job of bringing that said film up to date, i know some films should NEVER be remade, but if theres one on your mind, please share it.

Also, why not throw out why, what actors, what director, what choreographer, any changes of the story/script if needed in your opinion? Make it a total fantasy line up if you like. Its just for opinions and fun. See it as abit of a game.

I for one would love a Blood Treasury Fight remake, i thought it was a cracking film, and iv only seen it on Vengeance Video dvd, which is shocking quality to be honest.

Just for a remake in itself i would be very intrested in it, but my fantasy line up would be give RZA the directors chair with NO wires or NO CGI [with Tarantino back up], Sammo Hung as Action/Fight choreographer.

Im not too informative on names or actors of modern kung fu films, so as far as actors go, esp the females i dont know who i would have. But im a fan of Donnie Yen, but not sure if i would have him play Tan Tao Liangs constable or David Chiangs character. Now thinking about Shaolin [2011] and New Police Story, Nicholas Tse maybe good as Chiangs cocky character. I like both Vincent Zhao and Andy On of True Legend fame too.

And to change it up abit and not a complete by the books remake, i would change some of the characters, so maybe the Tattooist is not an agent and maybe hitman there for a hit on a certain character or personal reason. I dont know lol

Go on, have abit of fun.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived