Jija Yanin

Keung

OpiumKungFuCracker

It's funny how girls when pregnant get fat faster than a speed of light... I thought she was Jessica Simpson there for a minute, hahahhaha.....

One Armed Boxer

Congratualtions to Jija Yanin....she looks healthy and happy from the video posted.

From a movie perspective....does this relate to why 'Tom Yum Goong 2' is taking so long to come out? & if it does, it doesn't bode well for it coming out any time soon. I'd also take this news as a sign that 'Chocolate 2' which was supposed to be gearing up for production is now completely off the cards?

Looked around and didn't see a thread for JeeJa.

i6CFWjM.jpg

IkVmsm3.jpg

Do you think she has more exciting projects coming up? Of course with the virus we have to temper our expectations but still.

Obligatory, a few of her best-ofs:

Spoiler

She was last seen in TRIPLE THREAT (2019) doing, well, not much, and in Monkey Twins, a Netflix series.

Full list of appearances (WIP):

• Chocolate (2008) - Lead
  • Raging Phoenix (2009) - Lead
  • This Girl is Badass! (2011) - Lead
  • The Kick (2011) - Ensemble cast
  • Warrior King 2 (2013) - Supporting kicks
  • Halfwords - Season 2 (TV mini-series) - ??
  • Never Back Down: No Surrender (2016) - Fighting Cameo
  • Hard Target 2 (2016) - Fighting Cameo
  • Monkey Twins (2018) (TV series) - Recurring Villain
  • Europe Raiders (2018) - Fighting Cameo
  • Triple Threat (2019) - Fighting Cameo
Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 4

DragonClaws
12 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Do you think she has more exciting projects coming up? Of course with the virus we have to temper our expectations but still.

This was the last project I saw her name attached to, outside of Triple Threat(2019).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Is she married? 

Yes. She's married to Adrian Bowden, who works as an assistant director on films. His credits include Ninja: Shadow of a Tear, Mechanic: Resurrection, and Never Back Down 3. They have a son, Jayden.

jeeja-yanin-1551951296.jpg

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Is she married? 

Yep. To Adrian Robert Bowden...

EDIT: I posted this the same time @AlbertV. Sorry for the doubled up info.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Yep. To Adrian Robert Bowden...

EDIT: I posted this the same time @AlbertV. Sorry for the doubled up info.

All good! Like how we both found the same pic lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

This was the last project I saw her name attached to, outside of Triple Threat(2019).

According to the facebook page, this movie is still happening. IMDb doesn't list JeeJa Yanin in the credits but she's featured in their posts and seems to be starring in the movie... or something.

I really wish that she gets to star as a badass fighter in an American movie choreographed by Tim Man or something like that. She deserves more recognition in the West!

• Like 1

So I just finished a marathon of all JeeJa Yanin movies, for those who are curious I posted reviews for each movie on my letterboxd page (same profile name as here). All 10 of them (as of 2020), including minor roles.

It was... interesting. A majority of them are bad movies unfortunately.

Since I can't cover TV shows on letterboxd, I did a review of Netflix's MONKEY TWINS (2018) in a thread here, particularly JeeJa's role in it.

If you wish to see her best cameo (along with Tony Jaa), rent or find NEVER BACK DOWN: NO SURRENDER (2016), directed by Michael Jai White. It's hilarious and she even gets to fight a bit.

Her best role is, by far (and it's not even close), her breakthrough role which is CHOCOLATE (2008), a must-see for all martial arts fans, especially fans of Thai martial arts movies (ONG-BAK, THE PROTECTOR). If you still haven't seen it, make some time for it! So I guess that concludes my foray into this actress, can't say she's really had a prolific career but her martial arts performance in the aforementioned CHOCOLATE is so good, even if her career ended today, she'd be remembered forever as mostly a one-hit wonder.

Hopefully she still has more to offer! If you have any more information on her upcoming work feel free to share it here.

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 3

It's really unfortunate that for whatever reason, her promising debut in Chocolate somehow never helped her career to take off. I remember following her for a while but with every new movie it seemed like a step back. Let's hope she still has her best work ahead... the talent is undoubtedly there.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

I'm sure the birth of her son in 2013 has something to do with her taking a step back from making films. Definitely not easy to both raise a child and commit to a filming schedule as a starring role. If he's 7 at this point, I can see her starting to work again in a few years, of course if that's what she currently wants to do. 

• Like 4

Loved her in Chocolate, Raging Phoenix and The Kick. Is it just me or have the action of people like Tony Jaa, Jeeja and other Thai stars been prety lackluster after the death of Panna Rittikrai. I think he was the one that really brought the magic.

• Like 3

Cognoscente
On 8/31/2012 at 3:19 PM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

It's funny how girls when pregnant get fat faster than a speed of light... I thought she was Jessica Simpson there for a minute, hahahhaha.....

You have to eat for two. :wink

Speaking of pregnancies, the below 1995 Chinese film was inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger's Junior.

302.jpg

• Like 2