Armour of God & Twinkle Lucky Stars - vhs trailers?

Son Of A Gun

Guest Markgway

I think Armour of God is fine as a '15'. The eye shooting is brief and actually the only example of strong, bloody violence in the entire film.

SITES would also be a '15' for me, for some strong martial arts violence. It's been a good few years since I last saw it, mind.

Dragon Lord's '18' is utterly ludicrous; I don't think you'll find a single person outside of Soho Sq. who thinks that was justified. For me it's a borderline 'PG/12' for mainly mild martial arts violence. Seriously, I'd have no problem showing this to 8-11 year olds as there's no blood, no bone breaking, no dangerous imitible techniques (like ear clapping or throat chopping), no sadism, etc.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct :bigsmile:

Also correct! :bigsmile:

Which means that there are 2 x Armour of God trailers! :xd:

The Dragon, The Hero - Action montage trailer with Midnight Rider playing in the background

Bloodfight - 'Proper' trailer with narration. Jackie Chan. A soldier of Fortune. The Asian Hawk!

Had a couple of hours spare this morning so thought i'd root through my old VPD Imperials and take a trip down memory lane. When I started collecting, I used to be just as excited about what cool trailers there might be for films that i'd not heard of. I'd forgotten about some of these trailers, so they really brought back some cool memories:

Police Story II, TigerCage, Above the Law, The Canton Godfather, Bloodfight, Black Eagle, No Holds Barred, Death Cage, Hawkeye, Top Squad, Breathing Fire, Ring of Fire, Rage of Honour and The First Mission to name a few.

Son Of A Gun - Let me know if you have any issues locating the VHS tapes, and I'll see if I can sort you a copy of the two trailers. Likewise, if there are any other traillers including the ones mentioned above that you're after, let me know.

Dude, you are a GOD! :bigsmile:

Finally got round to popping these on You Tube for anyone that wants to watch them :bigsmile:

C7PCIh-UR6w

hVzyFM_dytk

c-C0dFgqRcs

cm6YTznPJsg

jxQ94rEhggQ

BNvdtza2oyU

UWJ9mo7awKE

I have loads of the JC VPD (big box) videos! I think the last one I got was either Twin Dragons or The Prisoner! I love the trailer for PS2 :)

sifu iron perm
Correct :bigsmile:

The Dragon, The Hero - Action montage trailer with Midnight Rider playing in the background

Bloodfight - 'Proper' trailer with narration. Jackie Chan. A soldier of Fortune. The Asian Hawk!

Did you mean, The theme to Midnight express? I remember a dragon lee trailer that had the midnight express theme tune..must be the one!

does anyone have that trailer anywhere? I tried youtubing it with no luck.

Did you mean, The theme to Midnight express? I remember a dragon lee trailer that had the midnight express theme tune..must be the one!

does anyone have that trailer anywhere? I tried youtubing it with no luck.

Unfortunately not. I was referring to the VHS tape I have of The Dragon, The Hero. One of the trailers on this movie was for the Armour of God, with Midnight Rider playing in the background.

I don't think I've seen any Dragon Lee trailers on my tapes. Think i'll have to hit up the car-boot sales this summer and see if I can pick up some more VPDs :bigsmile:

sifu iron perm
Unfortunately not. I was referring to the VHS tape I have of The Dragon, The Hero. One of the trailers on this movie was for the Armour of God, with Midnight Rider playing in the background.

I don't think I've seen any Dragon Lee trailers on my tapes. Think i'll have to hit up the car-boot sales this summer and see if I can pick up some more VPDs :bigsmile:

Understood..

I forgot which vhs it was that featured the dragon lee flick with midnight express theme..

Edit..the actual dragon lee trailer was dragon on fire.

btw i didn't know tiger cage (2) was released first with eng dubbing!

which car boot sales do u go? The last time i used to hit the sunday boots was 13 plus yrs ago!

which car boot sales do u go? The last time i used to hit the sunday boots was 13 plus yrs ago!

Sorry bud, only just read this. I'm pretty much the same, used to go 10-15 years ago every week. Back when I used to live in the Portsmouth/Southampton area, there were really good Sunday boot sales at Burseldon and Bridgemary and Stubbington. Used to hit them all up on the same day. A good 50% of my films came from there. When I moved up London way, there was a good bootie in Woolwich Arsenal, but again, it's been many years so I'm not sure if it still goes on or not. The only one near me now is at Pease Pottage which gets really big. Unfortunately it's in a field, so is very much "Summer Time Only" booty :sad:

And here are a couple more trailers that take me back to the Good 'ol days! :xd:

sEBj8hiQo_U

xpICHhQwLIY

lZf7_luI1Fs

Archived