New chinese zodiac trailer

cooksandkungfoodle

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, is this still Armour of God III, or what? The character in these teasers comes across as a modern "Asian Hawk", so it would only make sense. Plus, wasn't Jackie's last film as director Armour of God II?

I think it is. The last film he fully directed (or at least was solely credited as director) was AOG II, yeah.

I think it is. The last film he fully directed (or at least was solely credited as director) was AOG II, yeah.

That's what I thought... I mean, I know there are some where he partly ghost directed (Drunken Master II being a big example, directing half after Lau Kar Leung's departure.), but none with a full legit credit, post-AOG2.

maybe that rollerblading scene will look better in the movie but it didn't excite me at all. If that had been done 20 years ago I'm sure it would have had a more real visceral quality with Jackie doing everything, no wires, no CGI. Now, meh. I hope I'm wrong but I've seen nothing so far that makes me think I have to see that now. Just another Jackie Chan movie of the last 15 years, it will pass some time nothing more.

Actually, Frankie Chan directed sizable chunks of AOG 2.

I know, but I don't think he was credited as co-director, was he?

It's been a while since I've seen it.

ShaOW!linDude

Roller-(body)-blading stunt work? Okay, cool. But where's the friggin' fight action!?!

Drunken Monk

Yup, not impressed by this new teaser. Granted, the idea of the rollerblade suit is cool, but the action looked over the top and none of it filled me with excitement.

Damn it, I'm trying hard to look forward to this as I was one of the few who was really impressed by the first teaser.

TibetanWhiteCrane
I know, but I don't think he was credited as co-director, was he?

It's been a while since I've seen it.

In the end credits he is billed as co-director, but only for the HK scenes. Maybe he wasn't on location. Bey mentions on the comm for Outlaw Brothers that he visited him on the GH set where he was directing scenes for AOG 2.

Guest Markgway

Not uncommon. Dragons Forever credits only one director (Sammo Hung) but had at least two more (Jackie Chan and Corey Yuen).

Killer Meteor
In the end credits he is billed as co-director, but only for the HK scenes. Maybe he wasn't on location. Bey mentions on the comm for Outlaw Brothers that he visited him on the GH set where he was directing scenes for AOG 2.

A pretty awful UK newspaper said that Frankie Chan is Jackie's dad!!!

TibetanWhiteCrane
Not uncommon. Dragons Forever credits only one director (Sammo Hung) but had at least two more (Jackie Chan and Corey Yuen).

True, actually I doubt there has ever been a HK movie that was solely directed by a one single person. Seems to be much more of a communal effort than other film businesses around the world. Im sure when Wong Jing falls asleep the gaffer takes over....

TibetanWhiteCrane
A pretty awful UK newspaper said that Frankie Chan is Jackie's dad!!!

Wow, that is truly the height of ignorance....

Oops, Chen Chi Wah is credited, not Chan Fan Kei...

But he was definitely directing scenes.

Fair enough.

Yep. They got a 'planning' credit, and I think Corey was credited as 'Executive Director' on some prints.

Project A as well, Sammo directed some scenes for that film.

Looks terrible. Ugh. CG and wires galore, not what I was getting excited for. That scene where he "body-blades" out of the pipe then spins out and lands onto the net made me cringe. WHY???

I could have told you a Jackie Chan big action movie made in 2012 would have all those things without having seen a single trailer. :xd:

Of course it'll be wires and CG galore. This is what has happened to HK cinema in the last 10 years. :S Hence why I only watch 70s, 80s and early 90s movies, and love 'em. :wink:

What did ya'll expect?

-

Looks amazing!!

why since Tony Jaa came out with 2 movies that were advertised as "no wires or cg" everyone complains any time they see a wire smh....cmon people! Wires have been in kung fu movies forever.....PLENTY of everyones favorite movies have wires and cgi too....

its still Jackie doing his crazy ass stunts, it looks in vein with his other stuff and this will probably be the best jackie film hes done in a while yet people will still find ways to complain....

watch it and take it for what it is, not what u wish itd be

Archived