Bruce Lee UK Blu Rays?

shukocarl

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, we know all about the upcoming UK blus and just decided to hide the info from you. Our bad.

It does seem like the UK and the US are currently getting the shaft in regards to Bruce Lee blus. Hell, even the one we do have, Enter the Dragon, could be better. I mean, it's one of those HD transfers in which you could tell they went "Well, it's technically 1080p, but we're mainly just going to use it for standard definition DVD replication". Here's hoping for a 40th anniversary restoration. I think I read that Warner Brothers is doing some 90th anniversary blu-ray releases next year... hmm...

As for the non-ETD films, Fox should still have the rights in the US, while I suppose Cine-Asia has them in the UK since they seem to be HKL-reincarnate.

Killer Meteor
It does seem like the UK and the US are currently getting the shaft in regards to Bruce Lee blus. Hell, even the one we do have, Enter the Dragon, could be better. I mean, it's one of those HD transfers in which you could tell they went "Well, it's technically 1080p, but we're mainly just going to use it for standard definition DVD replication". Here's hoping for a 40th anniversary restoration. I think I read that Warner Brothers is doing some 90th anniversary blu-ray releases next year... hmm...

As for the non-ETD films, Fox should still have the rights in the US, while I suppose Cine-Asia has them in the UK since they seem to be HKL-reincarnate.

I still don't why Warners insists on having Enter The Dragon with Bruce dubbed by a white fanboy.

Guest Markgway
I still don't why Warners insists on having Enter The Dragon with Bruce dubbed by a white fanboy.

...and the scene is boring to boot.

Time to revive the original theatrical cut with original mono.

Couldn't agree more, although i do like the 5.1 audio mix. The theatrical version flows much better, good as it is to see the other scenes they should be deleted scenes as an extra, not in the film.

Cine Asia don't own the right to the Bruce Lee films they just made a deal with Entertainment One to re-release the DVD's.

I also think Blu ray rights are separate from DVD, but could be wrong.

Linda said this scene was to have been originally included at the behest of Bruce. Obviously, they made a different decision; almost did with the title also: Han's Island, anyone?

:nerd:

I honestly think it should have both cuts, the '73 and '98 cuts. And yes, the '73 cut should have a mono track!

And for the love of GOD... give us a NEW commentary track! Get rid of that pathetic Paul Heller track! If they had any sense, they'd bring in Bey Logan... but with our luck, they'd give us John Little instead (the aforementioned "white fanboy")

Killer Meteor
I honestly think it should have both cuts, the '73 and '98 cuts. And yes, the '73 cut should have a mono track!

And for the love of GOD... give us a NEW commentary track! Get rid of that pathetic Paul Heller track! If they had any sense, they'd bring in Bey Logan... but with our luck, they'd give us John Little instead (the aforementioned "white fanboy")

The MPM/GZA commentary from Cityonfire.com would be awesome!

Bring in surviving castmembers, since they weren't smart enough when certain ones were still around (Ahna Capri Shih Kien), to speak more in depth about the experience..

John Saxon

Jim Kelly

Peter Archer

Pat Johnson

Tony Liu Yung (The only actor to appear in ALL of Lee's Kung Fu films)

Sammo Hung

Bolo Yueng

Betty Chung

I mean put some effort into this!!!

Bring in surviving castmembers, since they weren't smart enough when certain ones were still around (Ahna Capri Shih Kien), to speak more in depth about the experience..

John Saxon

Jim Kelly

Peter Archer

Pat Johnson

Sammo Hung

Bolo Yueng

Betty Chung

Also true! And yeah, they could've had Ahna Capri and Shih Kien when they released the "sort of" 30th Anniversary 2-disc DVD in 2004... lazy bastards...

John Saxon

Jim Kelly

Peter Archer

Pat Johnson

Sammo Hung

Bolo Yueng

Betty Chung

Peter Archer died twelve years ago, mate.

Peter Archer died twelve years ago, mate.

I wasn't aware of his passing. Even further emphasising my point.

Thank you for enlightening me.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I want an official box set anniversary blu ray set of all Bruce Lee movies brought to you by Shannon and Linda Lee Emerald.... Time to get to the work Shannon!!!!

I want an official box set anniversary blu ray set of all Bruce Lee movies brought to you by Shannon and Linda Lee Emerald.... Time to get to the work Shannon!!!!

They'd probably make so many changes they wouldn't be Bruce Lee Movies anymore.

But you could probably get a bottle of cologne, and some toy or trinket with the purchase of...

:xd:

And racism is still tolerated by the moderators here but not me!

Take that back what the fuck has his colour race or nationality to do with fanboy status.. If you said a BLACK FANBOY you probably be banned by now

Take that back what the fuck has his colour race or nationality to do with fanboy status.. If you said a BLACK FANBOY you probably be banned by now

Good point, well put.

Killer Meteor

True...but I am white so I felt it was ok to have a dig at John Little doing a Mickey Rooney and pretending to be a Chinese guy.

Is it racism if its directed against one's own race?

Bey Logan's Brucisms are embarassing too...Bruce Lee does not sound that much like Elmer Fudd!

True...but I am white so I felt it was ok to have a dig at John Little doing a Mickey Rooney and pretending to be a Chinese guy.

Bey Logan's Brucisms are embarassing too...Bruce Lee does not sound that much like Elmer Fudd!

I must admit racism didn't jump out at me when I read it. I thought the statement was made to emphasize the difference in race between Bruce Lee and John Little.

A WHITE guy shouldn't be dubbing Bruce Lee's voice for that scene, nor should a BLACK guy, a BROWN guy, a GREEN guy, a RED guy or an another colour of guy for that matter.

That particular scene doesn't work the way it should because it isn't Bruce Lee's voice.

No need for an anurysm :bigsmile:

Correct. I always felt Lee had a unique accent because no other Cantonese speaking Chinese sounds like him at all... I think the closest was his brother Robert, and that's because they grew up in the same home. I've never heard Peter speak in English, so any comparison of he may be similar. Then, when you mix in Lee's English slang, he sounds cool.. To me, anyway.

I prefer John Little`s attempt more than Bey Logans. anyone heard the game of death 2 commentary when he tries to convince Roy Horan that he does a good Bruce impresion, Roys like err ok then.:wink:

sifu iron perm
Couldn't agree more, although i do like the 5.1 audio mix. The theatrical version flows much better, good as it is to see the other scenes they should be deleted scenes as an extra, not in the film.

Cine Asia don't own the right to the Bruce Lee films they just made a deal with Entertainment One to re-release the DVD's.

I also think Blu ray rights are separate from DVD, but could be wrong.

can you find/post an example of the theatrical version?

Guest Markgway
can you find/post an example of the theatrical version?

Difficult since those bellends at Warners have tried to push it out of existance. Old VHS or LDs are the only way to find it.

Killer Meteor

The main differences are there is no monk scene, and two music cues are there that are not in the '98 cut.

That said, the 98 version has a music cue (an awesome one) that isn't in the 73 cut so I wouldn't mind that being retained.

Archived