BANGKOK REVENGE [China Lion Entertainment]

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

So yeah, Ong Bak for the new generation...BANGKOK REVENGE lands in theatres on September 14 but is it limited release/nationwide???? Again, why haven't I heard about this sooner???

ZN6G4nUXWNw

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Ong Bak really that old that there is already a new generation??

Trailer looks interesting, but seems to be a lot of that jerky-camera-style action which I really don't care for. It will be good to hear more once the movie is released.

Drunken Monk

Wow, it actually seems mildly interesting! Granted, it looks like a combination of every Thai martial arts film ever made, but it might have some impressive action.

ShaOW!linDude

Cool beans! I like Jon Foo. Was wondering if he had anything coming out anytime soon. Thanks for hipping me to this, OFKC.

(This is really 2 yrs old?)

Close Quarters

I've been trying to find showtimes for this movie and can't find anything. I know it's limited, but still I want to know where since it comes out Friday. I did find 2 fighting clips tho, new to the board, so my fault if the links are messed up....

Clip 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Not a good film/ and to the director of this film, stop shaking the goddamn camera!!!! Too many quick cuts and shit...

OpiumKungFuCracker
Its looks pretty good, I gotta see where its playing by me.

Cool, let me know what you think of it... I'm about ready to tear this movie to shreds/ $10 is how much I had to pay for this:tinysmile_angry2_t:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Aw! Now I'm bummed. Was it really that bad?

It tried hard to be Ong Bak and failed miserably and I mean failed and got kicked out of remedial class...I tried to watch it with a MST3K mentality half way through but I just wasn't in the mood at all because the film sucked the life out of me, AWFUL!!!!!

Again this is just my opinion/ I wanna hear you guys take on this for sure....:tongue:

One Armed Boxer

I've kind of learnt with Thai movies that they're able to make great looking trailers, but unfortunately the movies rarely live up to the trailers promise....'Raging Phoenix', 'Brave', 'Sanctuary', 'Bangkok Adrenalin' - and these are just the ones that made it onto the radar of the people on this forum....all had great looking trailers, but as complete movies sucked to the point of being unwatchable.

The last few years output from Thailand makes movies like 'Born to Fight' and 'Dynamite Warrior' look like bonafide classics. 'Bangkok Knockout' has been the only film of note to come out within the last 4 years, and thanks to it's virtually non-existent story, even that doesn't hold up to repeated viewings.

The fact that this falls into the same category doesn't surprise me at all.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I've kind of learnt with Thai movies that they're able to make great looking trailers, but unfortunately the movies rarely live up to the trailers promise....'Raging Phoenix', 'Brave', 'Sanctuary', 'Bangkok Adrenalin' - and these are just the ones that made it onto the radar of the people on this forum....all had great looking trailers, but as complete movies sucked to the point of being unwatchable.

The last few years output from Thailand makes movies like 'Born to Fight' and 'Dynamite Warrior' look like bonafide classics. 'Bangkok Knockout' has been the only film of note to come out within the last 4 years, and thanks to it's virtually non-existent story, even that doesn't hold up to repeated viewings.

The fact that this falls into the same category doesn't surprise me at all.

Man you are so right about the unwatchable part... Some films that are bad I can still have a little fun with it like The Chun Li street fighter movie due to Chris Klein Oscar caliber performance but movies like Bangkok Revenge isn't fun/ it's torture/ I almost screamed mercy but I stuck through till the bitter end like a P.O.W prisoner escaping from a Vietnamese internment camp....

I'm not surprised either that this is crap and it's unlikely i'll ever force myself to sit through it. We've had a few discussions on here previously about thai movies and about how the trailers look great with a few flashy moves and bone cruncing falls but sadly when it comes to the films they're nearly always unwatchable with little (if any) plot, no character development, poor acting and dodgy editing.

Personally I found that even a movie like Tom Yum Goong which I originally enjoyed for the top notch action didn't stand up to repeated viewing in the same way that my favourite HK movies do once the initial "wow" factor wore off and consequently i'm not that excited about the sequel (if it ever comes).

Archived