Wu Tang The Iron Fist Blu ray collection?

waywardsage

prayingmantis81

Here Is A Update On This Collection Here Is A Couple Of Movies That Are On This Set..

Eagle's Claw,Hot Cool and Vicious,18 Fatal Strikes, and Dragon Claws

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's stated to contain the following titles:

18 Fatal Strikes

Raging Masters Tiger Crane

Incredible Shaolin Thunderkick

One Armed Swordsman vs. Nine killers

Dragon Claws

Method Man

Iron Fist

Shaolin Master and the Kid

18 Swirling Riders

Shaolin Mystagogue

Sun Dragon

Iron Monkey Strikes Back

Hellz Wind Staff

Death Duel of Kung Fu

Of Cooks and Kung Fu

Hitman in the Hand of Buddha

The 18 Jade Arhats

Renegade Master

Shaolin Kung Fu Master

Carry On Wise Guy

72 Desperate Rebels

Enter the Iron Fist

Eagles Claws

The Hot, the Cool, and the Vicious

Wu Tang Clan: Mystery of Kung Fu.

The video is supposed to be "digitally remastered 1920x1080" (Yeah, RIGHT. Upscaled tops), and the audio is stated to be English stereo.

Is this the first of many upcoming martial arts collections on Bluray?

It's stated to contain the following titles:

18 Fatal Strikes

Raging Masters Tiger Crane

Incredible Shaolin Thunderkick

One Armed Swordsman vs. Nine killers

Dragon Claws

Method Man

Iron Fist

Shaolin Master and the Kid

18 Swirling Riders

Shaolin Mystagogue

Sun Dragon

Iron Monkey Strikes Back

Hellz Wind Staff

Death Duel of Kung Fu

Of Cooks and Kung Fu

The 18 Jade Arhats

Renegade Master

Shaolin Kung Fu Master

Carry On Wise Guy

72 Desperate Rebels

Enter the Iron Fist

Eagles Claws

The Hot, the Cool, and the Vicious

Wu Tang Clan: Mystery of Kung Fu.

The video is supposed to be "digitally remastered 1920x1080" (Yeah, RIGHT. Upscaled tops), and the audio is stated to be English stereo.

Is this the first of many upcoming martial arts collections on Bluray?

I am skeptical about the quality, but having not seen a few films regarded as "classics" here:

Hellz Windstaff

Shaolin Mystagogue

18 jade Arhats

and of Cooks and Kung Fu

- I am thinking this may be a good purchase for me. (Note, I actually have not seen ANY of the titles in this collection, but the ones i noted above I can recall being praised here)

I wouldn't have mind that this was bad quality, after all it is 25 movies and a lot which haven't been remastered but all pixelated like that is a joke

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Seen all of these but;

Renegade Master

I found a really good print on YouTube broken into 3 or 4 sections.

Haven't watched it yet. RM is a Carter Wong movie.

And why put an already shitty print on Blueray. Re Dick U Lus

GD Y-Y

Posted a breakdown of what is in the set... as expected, pretty piss-poor.

Wu Tang Iron Fist Collection

This is what I expected seeing as the dvd releases they did previously were some of the worst versions of any of these films Ive seen

but still...

if u r desperate and do not have the nous to find free versions it might be worth buying & ripping to a device, the transfer may create a better copy! :tongue:

I got this on Ebay for $9. Only watched 3 films so far. And to be honest while they are not the best Quality possible they were no worse than old VHS tapes. For the price I find no quarrel with it.

thankyouforfu

I think expectations ran much too high on a release like this.

I mean, come on, no company would remaster 23 films and then sell them for .50 cents each (the blu-ray routinely sells for under $12, though I bought mine for $7.50 shipped), considering the companies that purchased Celestial remastered prints for their releases ended up selling them for about $12-$25 each. Hell, even the box sets that came out eventually were made up of previous individual releases that were just put in skinny cases, and even then it was 4 films for about $16, if not more.

That said, for 23 films on a single disc, including some great films like The Hot, The Cool, and the Vicious as well as Hitman in the Hand of Buddha, I'm actually impressed. I've been trying to purchase these films individuals, and they run from $12-25 each and they're NOT remastered either, and due to some of these films being OOP buyers are forced to buy bootlegs just to watch them.

The quality of the films have been overblown as well, as these look much better than shoddy VHS quality for the most part. Here's a screen cap I took while watching HC&V:

IsGc1uL.png

Seriously, this looks better than about half the DVDs in my collection, and really only look worse than the remastered films I own. Now, I haven't watched all the films on the blu-ray disc yet, but the few I have looked this good.

I highly recommend getting Wu Tang - The Iron Fist Collection on blu-ray, especially if you don't have some of the films in this collection.

• HELL'S WIND STAFF (aka DRAGON AND THE TIGER KIDS 1979) w/ Hwang Jang Lee, choreography: Hsu Hsia, Corey Yuen, Chin Yuet-sang, Yuen Shon-yee. Widescreen/Cantonese.

• INCREDIBLE SHAOLIN THUNDERKICK (1982) d. Godfrey Ho, w/ Eagle Han. Widescreen.

• IRON FISTS (aka SHAOLIN KING BOXER 1979) Best cast in the collection and the worst picture quality. d. Karl Maka, w/ Chen Kuan-Tai, Meng Fei, Wilson Tong, Lau Kar Wing. Pan and Scan.

• SUN DRAGON (aka A HARD WAY TO DIE 1980) Shot in Arizona! d. Wa Yat-wang, w/ Billy Chong, Carl Scott. Pan and Scan.

• ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN VS. NINE KILLERS - Actually a One-Armed Boxer film starring Jimmy Wang Yu, Chen Kuan Tai, and Lo Lieh. Pan and Scan.

• 18 FATAL STRIKES (1978) d. Joe Cheung, Choreography: Tung Wai, Yuen Jen. Widescreen.

• 18 SWIRLING RIDERS (aka 18 SHAOLIN RIDERS 1980) w/ Lo Lieh. Pan and Scan.

• 18 JADE ARHATS (1979) w/ Lo Lieh. Pan and Scan.

• 72 DESPERATE REBELS (1978) w/ Chen Sing. Pan and Scan.

• CARRY ON WISE GUY (aka WARRIOR FROM SHAOLIN 1980) Feature with the best overall picture and sound quality. Directed and choreographed by Lau Kar Wing starring brother Gordon Liu. Widescreen.

• SHAOLIN KUNG FU MYSTAGOGUE (1976) w/ Hsu Feng, Carter Wong, Lung Fei, Phillip Ko Fei. Widescreen.

• FEARLESS YOUNG BOXER (aka METHOD MAN 1979) w/ Casanova Wong. Widescreen.

• EAGLE'S CLAWS (1978) d. Lee Tso-nam, w/ Don Wong, Lau Kar Yan. Pan and Scan.

• OF COOKS AND KUNG FU (1979) w/ Jacky Chen. Widescreen.

• DEATH DUEL OF KUNG FU (1979) w/ Don Wong, John Liu. Widescreen.

• DRAGON'S CLAWS (1979) Directed by the great Joseph Kuo and starring super-kicker Hwang Jang Lee. Widescreen.

• HITMAN IN THE HAND OF BUDDHA (1981) w/ Hwang Jang Lee. Widescreen.

• HOT, COOL, AND VICIOUS (1980) d. Lee Tso-nam, w/ Don Wong. Pan and Scan.

• IRON MONKEY STRIKES BACK (1978) w/ Chen Kuan Tai, Chen Sing. Widescreen.

• THE MASTER AND THE KID (aka FURY OF THE SHAOLIN MASTER 1978) w/ Yueh Hua, Phillip Ko Fei. Pan and Scan.

• RAGING MASTER'S TIGER CRANE (aka MASTERS OF TIGER CRANE 1983) w/ Billy Chan, Hwang Jang Lee. Widescreen.

• RENEGADE MASTER (aka SHAOLIN IRON FINGER 1977) w/ Carter Wong. Widescreen.

• SHAOLIN KUNG FU MASTER (1978) w/ Champ Wang, Chi Kwan Chun, Chang Yi. Widescreen.

Many people can be overly critical of quality imo. I'm much more in line with you on the subject, and I have been pleased with many video Asia budget box sets, etc.

Thanks for posting the review, a few of us have been waiting for one that isn't so critical of a budget set.

Secret Executioner

Masters Of Tiger Crane and 18 Fatal Strikes are really good, if not great. Not sure about the rest as I haven't seen any of them, but these two alone could make this set a nice deal.

Morgoth Bauglir

I've had a look through this set and it's pretty hit and miss. Like Gaijin said some are unwatchable because of the pixelation issue, but there are some decent looking movies. I watched about 5 minutes of Death Duel of Kung Fu and i was stunned. It looks great. This set is riddled with problems from what I've seen so far, but for $10 it's not a bad deal.

Edit- after watching Death Duel of Kung Fu, for more than 5 minutes... I'm not happy with it. There's some sort of hiccup going on and frames go missing during the fights.

Is this set worth getting if I am getting it for the following movies, or should I seek these movies out another way?

Hells Windstaff

Sun Dragon

18 Jade Arhats

Eagles Claw

Hot, Cool and Vicious

Method Man

It sounds like a no brainer on paper due to the amount you get for the low price.. But if only 2 of the movies I'm getting the set for are watchable, or I'll end up wanting better versions anyway, I'd rather just wait and get the flicks in better quality.

Morgoth Bauglir

Gaijin put a lot of time into noting how bad the pixelation is on all of these movies seperately. A lot more work than I'm willing to do:tongue: http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=202765#post206

Out of the ones you listed the only one I watched all the way through is The Hot The Cool. It is definitely watchable.

I only gave Hitman in Buddha a brief preview, and it looks good in widescreen, but it appears to be severely cut with a running time of 71 or 72 minutes. I'm fine with this if the picture runs smooth and it looks and sounds good. I like having different versions of movies. But you should see the longer version first.

This set could have been decent if Videoasia cared about these movies and would have taken the time to make sure they look ok. But it's only worth the $5 you'll pay for it, and not a penny more.

(I payed $10 for this set:cry:)

I only gave Hitman in Buddha a brief preview, and it looks good in widescreen, but it appears to be severely cut with a running time of 71 or 72 minutes. I'm fine with this if the picture runs smooth and it looks and sounds good. I like having different versions of movies. But you should see the longer version first.

Sounds like it's the same cut used on the Shaolin Dolemite Collection VHS.

I forgot all about that post. Thanks!

Well if you say HCV is watchable, Gaijin gave that a very poor rating, so I suppose it's not much worse than your typical video Asia set, which is fine to me.

I actually will just give this a pass, especially if some of the flicks are really cut up. I've waited long enough to see some of these, I may as well wait and see better versions.

Morgoth Bauglir

There is definitely some pixelation issues on The Hot The Cool, but I disagree with Gaijin's pixelation rating on that one. I disagree with a few other things on Gaijin's review, but I'm just nitpicking. He gives a very credible review. He most likely put a lot of hours into it, but not the 50 hours that was needed. And I don't blame him:tongue:

Like you've said before, these sets are worth getting mainly because it gives you a good preview, and possibly a good version of a bunch of movies at a cheap price. If the version is crap, then at least now you've seen the movie and can decide if it's worth getting.

DragonClaws

The Eastern Heroes DVD of Hitman In The Hand Of Buddha is pretty decent.

Link- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitman-Hand-Buddha-Jang-Hwang/dp/B0000558QH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427477167&sr=8-1&keywords=hitman+in+the+hand+of+buddha

The picture and sound have not been restored or remastered but its perfectly watchable. Their DVD features the dubbed version and the Korean version which is slightly longer. I wouldn't pay too much for it though.

Killer Meteor
The Eastern Heroes DVD of Hitman In The Hand Of Buddha is pretty decent.

Link- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitman-Hand-Buddha-Jang-Hwang/dp/B0000558QH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427477167&sr=8-1&keywords=hitman+in+the+hand+of+buddha

The picture and sound have not been restored or remastered but its perfectly watchable. Their DVD features the dubbed version and the Korean version which is slightly longer. I wouldn't pay too much for it though.

The English language version is cut on the UK disc, to remove the Ocean Shores watermarks. The US disc from Tai Seng is the only uncut English source. Eastern Heroes released a Mandarin print on VHS.

DragonClaws
The English language version is cut on the UK disc, to remove the Ocean Shores watermarks. The US disc from Tai Seng is the only uncut English source. Eastern Heroes released a Mandarin print on VHS.

How much footage did they remove?. The Ocean Shores watermarks appeared on the old Jackie Chan/Lo Wei films I had on VHS. They didn't bother to remove them at all as they were bootlegs sold in shops in the U.K, just before DVD hit the market.

Archived