Wu Tang The Iron Fist Blu ray collection?

waywardsage

Apparently they are releasing a set of classic Kung Fu films on Blu to follow the Rza's new film. Does anyone know what films are in this set?

http://www.cityonfire.com/wu-tang-the-iron-fist-blu-ray-25-film-collection-first-look-pictures/

In the comment section below someone lists a possible inventory. Are any of these worth watching?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing they're all standard def movies on two dual layer blu-rays. Just a guess:

One standard def movie - 4 gigs

One dual layer blu-ray - 50 gigs

Thus, you can fit 12 standard def movies on one 50 gig blu-ray.

Now, they can probably squeeze 13 onto one of the discs, so there you have it. I can almost guarantee that they'll be standard def DVD files on a blu-ray disc, and probably VHS sourced.

Ug...that sounds terrible! Why couldn't they just have made them standard def and anamorphic widescreen at least!

odioustrident

Those are all titles remastered from VHS sources for the Ground Zero Digital Remix series. Only a handful are wide; doubt any are anamorphic.

Guest Markgway
I'll still buy this, I'm not really fussed if its not blu-ray quality.

So you're the target audience for these?

Seriously, why not just buy the DVDs then?

So you're the target audience for these?

Seriously, why not just buy the DVDs then?

So it would be smarter to go and buy the 25 individual DVDs? or but this for $12.99.

Do you really expect them to go and get Iron Neck Li out of the vaults and Blu-Ray it up?

Guest Markgway
So it would be smarter to go and buy the 25 individual DVDs? or but this for $12.99.

My point is... if you don't care about quality why should they?

Do you really expect them to go and get Iron Neck Li out of the vaults and Blu-Ray it up?

Is there any point in putting something of this dire quality...

...on Blu Ray?

I hear what your saying, however realistically movies like this are never going to get a proper blu-ray release, its only being released on a blu-ray so they can fit 25 movies on the one disc I'm assuming. If this was for example a Shaw Bros movie and it was being released on such poor quality then of course I wouldn't buy it and complain about it.

I hear what your saying, however realistically movies like this are never going to get a proper blu-ray release, its only being released on a blu-ray so they can fit 25 movies on the one disc I'm assuming. If this was for example a Shaw Bros movie and it was being released on such poor quality then of course I wouldn't buy it and complain about it.

I would have to agree here if only for the fact that i think all the DVD versions of these movies are OOP at this point. Granted, the quality is terrible, but if you've ever wanted to see any of these, 25 movies for $15 is a decent deal. I have a majority of them already in their original DVD release, but I probably spent at least 3X that much getting them.

As long as you realize you're basically getting 4th generation VHS quality movies, it's simply a cost per movie grab.

Regarding the moral dilemma of supporting a company that puts these out, that's a separate matter.

I would have to agree here if only for the fact that i think all the DVD versions of these movies are OOP at this point. Granted, the quality is terrible, but if you've ever wanted to see any of these, 25 movies for $15 is a decent deal. I have a majority of them already in their original DVD release, but I probably spent at least 3X that much getting them.

As long as you realize you're basically getting 4th generation VHS quality movies, it's simply a cost per movie grab.

Regarding the moral dilemma of supporting a company that puts these out, that's a separate matter.

The End.

:bigsmile:

odioustrident

The quality on these releases isn't really that bad. They were all remastered, albeit cheaply, for regular DVD..... as I already said.

The quality on these releases isn't really that bad. They were all remastered, albeit cheaply, for regular DVD..... as I already said.

Son... DON'T.

:neutral:

Killer Meteor

I'd be interested in seeing HD revivals of the old 35mm prints Crash Cinema used to release. If I won the lottery, I'd seriously bankroll those and damn the lack of profits!

You're right, "4th-generation VHS" is an exaggeration. But I have to think at best they are VHS Extended Play quality.

odioustrident
:bigsmile:

Sometimes you've got to laugh to keep from being constantly in WTF??!! mode.

Pretty reasonable correction for me to make actually. Anyone can see that.

Shaolindogma

Anything is better than the old vhs rips I have. The recent (kung fu movie) blu ray purchases I've made weren't too bad. I'm curious about the quality of these.

Not much difference than what some Chinese bootleggers are doing except for using a blu-ray instead of a dvd and that it will sell in mainsteam stores. If you don't believe me, look for a cardboard slipcase labeled "HK actor's name" Movies with the Michelin Man on it next time you're in a Asian market. I'll pass.

Archived