Best Versions

dnuts24

I have quite a few shaw classics on dvd, as well as many other great kung fu movies. I wonder if anyone has documented the best versions of kung fu movies. Martial art films in general seem to be the hardest to navigate in this regard. There are soo many bootlegs, etc. Anything like this on the net? I have several classics I still need to get, just dont know what best versions are etc..

Thanks,

-D-

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

Most important to know the various dvd labels. Then you kinda know what to expect, avoid and so on.

I have several classics I still need to get, just dont know what best versions are etc..

Your best bet is either to use the search feature here for discussions on the various titles you seek or, if you can't find an answer this way, post your list and I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction on what to buy and what to avoid.

Most important to know the various dvd labels. Then you kinda know what to expect, avoid and so on.

I agree. If you know the labels you'll know what you're getting, usually, and some of the more popular bootleg labels, esp. Red Sun, have good distribution, unfortunately.

With the Shaw's you can look for the Celestial Pictures logo and know that you're getting a decent print.

Archived