Gordon Liu update...

Drunken Monk

That is great news!!! There really is hope after all...just hope he can get out of his financial woes, but great to hear of his physical recovery.

Last news I heard (which isn't much) was around the CNY in which Gordon went out to eat with some friends and got a haircut for the lunar new year. He has a custom made Titanium alloy wheelchair that cost over HK$10,000. Due to his height, a normal wheel chair would cramp up his legs and he couldn’t sit for long lengths of time.

At lunch it was said he had a good appetite and ate various dim sum. Due to his immobility his caretaker had to feed him. His biggest concern still remains to be the lawsuit with his former assistant.

_26MA004_.jpg

_26MA001_.jpg

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Well, I guess I am not to take that as a compliment. LOL. :tinysmile_angry2_t::angel:

Everyone's mind works different DM.

ran·dom

[ran-duhm] Show IPA

adjective

proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers.

Statistics. of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.

Building Trades.

a.

(of building materials) lacking uniformity of dimensions: random shingles.

b.

(of ashlar) laid without continuous courses.

c.

constructed or applied without regularity: random bond.

Informal.

a.

unknown, unidentified, or out of place: A couple of random guys showed up at the party.

b.

odd and unpredictable in an amusing way: my totally random life.

I guess that sums me UP my man. LOL! :xd::crossedlips::cry:

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
A very nice scene too - and from a great film no doubt.

Does your statement mean that you GHW have NOT seen 36 Chamber of Shaolin.

36thChamberOfShaolin_IVL_SC36.jpg

I find this hard to believe. :ooh:

GD Y-Y

Secret Executioner
Does your statement mean that you GHW have NOT seen 36 Chamber of Shaolin.

36thChamberOfShaolin_IVL_SC36.jpg

I find this hard to believe. :ooh:

GD Y-Y

No, I said "no doubt" as in "it's undeniable", not as in "it must be a great film".

(but it's not been very long since I finally saw that one though)

I have always been a huge fan of Gordon Liu, my faded childhood memories of Fu films always included the monk with knives on his arms, buckets of water in his hands. For years I would wonder what movie was that, who was that guy....to rediscover the film(s) years later it was a joyous occasion.

Just cause I'm feeling nostalgic I also recalled a film where five kung fu brothers where training by themselves in the woods. Later they are in white walking along the river, each singling out and fighting one of the baddies. Yep the 5 masters of death, was awesome to see that one again as an adult.

And finally all I could remember about this film was a guy with weights on his leg jumping in a hole, yet another classic, Death Chambers!!

Even though I have now watched these movies a 100 times over I still have my faded memories of them that are etched in my mind, seeing these films as kid was almost magical in a way.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
No, I said "no doubt" as in "it's undeniable", not as in "it must be a great film".

(but it's not been very long since I finally saw that one though)

Of course.

Duh to me.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
I have always been a huge fan of Gordon Liu, my faded childhood memories of Fu films always included the monk with knives on his arms, buckets of water in his hands. For years I would wonder what movie was that, who was that guy....to rediscover the film(s) years later it was a joyous occasion.

Just cause I'm feeling nostalgic I also recalled a film where five kung fu brothers where training by themselves in the woods. Later they are in white walking along the river, each singling out and fighting one of the baddies. Yep the 5 masters of death, was awesome to see that one again as an adult.

And finally all I could remember about this film was a guy with weights on his leg jumping in a hole, yet another classic, Death Chambers!!

Even though I have now watched these movies a 100 times over I still have my faded memories of them that are etched in my mind, seeing these films as kid was almost magical in a way.

Ahh those first memories of your kung fu movie as a kid.

I saw my first Shaw Brothers and kung fu films in 1973 w/ me ex wife. Five Fingers of Death and Big Boss w/ Bruce Lee and another I can not remember the name.

I did see 36 Chambers in a movie theater in Bostons China Town in the early 80's.

That was an awesome experience to be sure.

gorodn.jpg

Who is the woman giving affection to Gordon?

GD Y-Y

Omni Dragon
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Secret Executioner
Funtastic jrcma.

The build up to the ending was most of the movie with all the training scenes Gordan went through.

But the last twenty minutes was well worth the wait.

I didn't feel like I was waiting for the ending fight. I found the training, the evolution of the character very well-constructed - and here, it all made sense, while in some movies, you see the guy "training" by carrying buckets, chopping wood or whatever, but you don't get the point. In Shaw Brothers movies and especially in 36th Chamber, I don't have that feeling.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
I didn't feel like I was waiting for the ending fight. I found the training, the evolution of the character very well-constructed - and here, it all made sense, while in some movies, you see the guy "training" by carrying buckets, chopping wood or whatever, but you don't get the point. In Shaw Brothers movies and especially in 36th Chamber, I don't have that feeling.

I reconsider my statement and agree with you GFW.

As, when this was seen in my youth, IT was an amazing experience, the training of monk San Ti in 36 Chambers of Shaolin.

See my post on Bodhidharma cave at Shaolin Temple.

Gd Y-Y

Some apparent good news for Gordon. His former aide has agreed to unconditionally return Gordon's assets that she "borrowed"

1.45 million yuan and 150,000 HK dollars (little over a quarter mil US). Gordon looks happy....

gliu.jpg