Gordon Liu update...

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

A small update at Twitchfilm...

In September last year, Twitch reported that Gordon Liu, Hong Kong martial arts legend and star of THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN, KILL BILL 1 & 2 plus numerous other films, was admitted into hospital following a head injury. At the time, there were a lot of speculations surrounding the cause and nature of Liu's injury.

As it turned out, Liu had a major stroke that left him completely paralysed on the right side of his body. He has been receiving rehabilitation since the stroke and has recently moved into a nursing home. He has refused to see anyone from the entertainment industry, except for Eric Tsang and Leung Ka Yan who visited him recently as representatives of the Hong Kong Performing Artistes Guild.

Tsang told the press following the visit that Liu has ongoing weakness in the right side of his body, and the Guild is helping to cover the cost of his medical treatment and accommodation. Gordon Liu has asked Tsang to pass on the message that he will actively work towards improvement and for people not to worry about him.

ShaOW!linDude

Aw, man, I hate to hear that. I hope his health improves. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for him. What could be worse for a martial artist that being paralyzed, to be robbed of movement?

Thanks for the update, DM.

We should create a get well card from this site, designed by Kung Fu Bob, signed by all us members here, who love and respect his contributions.

OpiumKungFuCracker
We should create a get well card from this site, designed by Kung Fu Bob, signed by all us members here, who love and respect his contributions.

good idea....

• Administrator

Actually something similar to Dragon's idea has already been discussed between me and another member. I know someone that can actually get it to him. I'm just trying to figure out a way to actually do it that makes sense.

One idea I had is that I could get (or create) a nice, big card with an inspirational message to him. Something along the lines of "You've been a hero to people all over the world, bringing us together as fans through the amazing work you've done in films and to show the world the beauty of kung fu..." "your legacy lives on forever, and no physical ailment can ever take that away..." "You continue to inspire us, and we hope that you will realize that we all love you still" "Please open yourself up to the good, healing energy of your friends and loved ones.." along those lines. I'd put it in a resealable envelope between two pieces of protective cardboard, that we could mail from one of us to another, each person responsible to sign it and mail it to the next. Eventually it would be mailed back to me and I would send it to him with a nice piece of tribute art to him. But all we need is one person to lose it, forget to mail it, or the Post Office to lose or destroy it... This could take years to finish!

Perhaps a better idea is for me to create this card/poster/artwork, and surround it with photos/well wishes from his fans. I could set a deadline for a few months from now. Each person that wants to be a part of this would simply be required to e-mail me a photo of themselves with a short message. An uplifting picture of you smiling, posing in a kung fu stance, in a place unique to the area/country you live in, ect. I will surround the art with these photos of his fans. Each will have typed under it a short message, the person's name, and the state and country. I think that would be unique, personal, and inspirational thing to send him, and show him that we fans come from far and wide, the world over, and have mad support for him. He has worked so hard for so long to entertain, teach, and inspire us. I feel like it's the least we could do. What do you guys think?

Drunken Monk

Your second idea is superb, Bob. I actually prefer it to the first as it gives him a chance to see a number of his fans and how widespread we are. It literally embodies the variety of support we have to give him.

I'd most certainly be in. Do you think they'll let me on the White House lawn with a three sectioned staff?

Great Idea, I would love/be honoured to be part of this.

Love the idea Bob. Count us in as well.

Perhaps a better idea is for me to create this card/poster/artwork, and surround it with photos/well wishes from his fans. I could set a deadline for a few months from now. Each person that wants to be a part of this would simply be required to e-mail me a photo of themselves with a short message.

Your second idea is superb, Bob. I actually prefer it to the first as it gives him a chance to see a number of his fans and how widespread we are. It literally embodies the variety of support we have to give him.

I'd most certainly be in. Do you think they'll let me on the White House lawn with a three sectioned staff?

You know you are going to be arrested right! Try a monument or a fake White House. Thats what I am gonna do.

Actually something similar to Dragon's idea has already been discussed between me and another member. I know someone that can actually get it to him. I'm just trying to figure out a way to actually do it that makes sense.

One idea I had is that I could get (or create) a nice, big card with an inspirational message to him. Something along the lines of "You've been a hero to people all over the world, bringing us together as fans through the amazing work you've done in films and to show the world the beauty of kung fu..." "your legacy lives on forever, and no physical ailment can ever take that away..." "You continue to inspire us, and we hope that you will realize that we all love you still" "Please open yourself up to the good, healing energy of your friends and loved ones.." along those lines. I'd put it in a resealable envelope between two pieces of protective cardboard, that we could mail from one of us to another, each person responsible to sign it and mail it to the next. Eventually it would be mailed back to me and I would send it to him with a nice piece of tribute art to him. But all we need is one person to lose it, forget to mail it, or the Post Office to lose or destroy it... This could take years to finish!

Perhaps a better idea is for me to create this card/poster/artwork, and surround it with photos/well wishes from his fans. I could set a deadline for a few months from now. Each person that wants to be a part of this would simply be required to e-mail me a photo of themselves with a short message. An uplifting picture of you smiling, posing in a kung fu stance, in a place unique to the area/country you live in, ect. I will surround the art with these photos of his fans. Each will have typed under it a short message, the person's name, and the state and country. I think that would be unique, personal, and inspirational thing to send him, and show him that we fans come from far and wide, the world over, and have mad support for him. He has worked so hard for so long to entertain, teach, and inspire us. I feel like it's the least we could do. What do you guys think?

Second I dea is the best!

Do you think they'll let me on the White House lawn with a three sectioned staff?

Do you think if I got a Tardis or a DeLorean I could go back in time back to when the public could walk down Downing Street & do a similar photo? :tongue:

Great ideal Bob, I'm in! Hoping the best for him!

Just posted from his Facebook coincidentally:

"STOP BOTHERING MY FAMILY !" :\

Deleted my FB account, so can't view his page. I wonder if this is what he refers to...

Found this Chinese article (with current pix):

http://www.ihktv.com/next-1171-gordonliu.html

Later, found an English-translated version here:

http://www.jaynestars.com/news/gordon-liu-enters-nursing-home-and-suffers-estranged-marriage/

His marriage woes only adds salt to the wound for poor Gordon.

I'm sure the idea Bob has come up with would certainly give the man a smile --

and it sounds like he could use some good cheer these days.