Tongue Biting Suicide?

Omni Dragon

What's with the tongue biting suicide?

Seems like someone bites their tongue in a Fu film then they almost instantly die far to quick for blood loss, infection or choking.

Seems mostly ninja's die this way so I had a theory that ninja's might of had some sort of poison in their mouth but there's a normal bloke in OF COOKS AND KUNG FU dies this way as well. So it seems normal people die this way as well.

Anyone know where it comes from? Why it's happening? & what their dying from?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's with the tongue biting suicide?

Seems like someone bites their tongue in a Fu film then they almost instantly die far to quick for blood loss, infection or choking.

Seems mostly ninja's die this way so I had a theory that ninja's might of had some sort of poison in their mouth but there's a normal bloke in OF COOKS AND KUNG FU dies this way as well. So it seems normal people die this way as well.

Anyone know where it comes from? Why it's happening? & what their dying from?

Never actually witnessed this is a movie( that I know of anyway:squigglemouth:) Poison sounds like the most resonable cause of instant death. I think if you really were to bite your tongue off, you would most likely have a very slow and painful death( due to blood loss)

On the other hand, kicking someone in the nuts is enough to kill you just by thinking about it.:frown:

Never actually witnessed this is a movie( that I know of anyway:squigglemouth:) Poison sounds like the most resonable cause of instant death. I think if you really were to bite your tongue off, you would most likely have a very slow and painful death( due to blood loss)

It's not just OF COOKS AND KUNG FU happens in loads of film it just that I was watching that & when I saw it happen to a normal person I remembered my ninja theory & thought how could it be poison?

On the other hand, kicking someone in the nuts is enough to kill you just by thinking about it.:frown:

I know it's literally being bollocked.

Killer Meteor

I remember first seeing the tongue biting in Dragon Fist, then again in Enter The Game Of Death. Selfish women.

Also, notice how all bedrooms come ready with scissors for raped maidens to immediately top themselves with. You have no idea how liberating I Spit On Your Grave seems after too many old school flicks.

It's not just OF COOKS AND KUNG FU happens in loads of film it just that I was watching that & when I saw it happen to a normal person I remembered my ninja theory & thought how could it be poison?

I been thinkng about it and came up with this idea: Maybe when the person bites their tongue off, they don't die right away, they just go into shock and pass out . They then eventualy die from loss of blood later on.

masterofoneinchpunch

The quick tongue biting death is the same as the quick death by arrow to back (or stomach) or knife to back (or stomach) which wouldn't kill anyone instantly, but does in the movie world to get rid of a character quickly.

I've seen the tongue biting death in later films like some of Takashi Miike's (Full Metal Yakuza).

Archived