Blade: Anime Series

daisho2004

OK I got to watch this 2 disc series of Blade done in collaboration between Marvel Entertainment and anime giant Madhouse Inc. And I will say it was really good. As the review belows states I wish the English Audio followed the Japanese language track it was better. I did enjoy the chanbara-style action in it, that topped it for me, as well as one of the episodes featured Wolverine in it, which was really cool this series explained all about Blade growing up and also focused on Deacon Frost and how he became a Vampire overall this is a must see if your a fan of Blade. I would like to see another one made.

Blade marks the final collaboration between Marvel Entertainment and anime giant Madhouse Inc., which previously released Japanese-influenced adaptations of such iconic comic titles as Iron Man, X-Men, and Wolverine. The Blade series also transposes half-vampire Eric Brooks to Japan, where his search for Deacon Frost, the monster that murdered his mother and transformed him into a "daywalker" at birth, leads him to a cabal of vampires known as Existence that plague the whole of Asia. The 12 episodes that comprise the complete Blade series follow his pursuit of the undead creatures with the help of a young vampire hunter named Makoto, which invariably leads to chanbara-style action. Blade obviously lends itself well to the anime style, interspersing exceptionally violent action with moments of introspection that reveal much of Blade's back story. Where the series stumbles is the quality of its writing, which never rises above the purplest of pulp levels; fans may wish to utilize the disc's subtitled Japanese-language track instead of the English dub, which features the capable Harold Perrineau as Blade. The modest extras are comprised of three brief featurettes on the show's development and execution. --Paul Gaita

Product Description

Bitten by a vampire while pregnant, Eric Brooks' mother gave birth to a baby boy a child born with all the strengths of a vampire and only one of its weaknesses. Struggling with a blood thirst, but imbued with supernatural powers, that child has become the vampire hunter know as Blade.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived