Red Dawn

daisho2004

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's only ONE Red Dawn, and it stars Patrick fucking Swayze!

Co-sign on that. They need to leave some movies alone.

There's only ONE Red Dawn, and it stars Patrick fucking Swayze!

Agree with you on that one.

Kind of hard to remake this movie without a little something called the Cold War, it's the dumbest premises of a movie ever, hollywood just keeps degrading up it's own ass. Honestly, North Korea couldn't invade Mexico without getting their asses handed to them.

Kind of hard to remake this movie without a little something called the Cold War, it's the dumbest premises of a movie ever, hollywood just keeps degrading up it's own ass. Honestly, North Korea couldn't invade Mexico without getting their asses handed to them.

Agreed. I really think it should have at least been China. That would make much more sense than NK, even if it would most likely never happen( we are allies after all).

Agreed. I really think it should have at least been China. That would make much more sense than NK, even if it would most likely never happen( we are allies after all).

Well, I wouldn't say allies, there's an uneasy relationship based on business between both countries politicians(ie both sides getting rich). Hollywood doesn't have the balls to put China as an enemy even it it made more sense as China has become a major market for hollywood, hell inserting Russia back as an enemy makes more sense than N Korea:neutral:

• Administrator

My son recently inquired about the original. He was intrigued by the cast and wanted to know if it was worth checking out. I handed him the 2 disc collector's edition and assured him it was great fun.

We've been curious about the remake, but when we saw the trailer tonight... underwhelming. It really had no effect on me other than "next". The premise just seemed stupid in this version. Somehow it made perfect sense in 1984. Maybe my senses were dulled then by the taste of Pop Rocks, the sight of day-glo parachute pants, and the sounds of Sam Kinison screaming.

Archived